Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2019, 19:40   #2461
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

And still the Brexit farce rumbles on.... The PM asked for an extension to June 20th, the EU said no to that unless the UK took part in the European Elections. A couple of dates are being bandied about: 7th May and 22nd May on condition the the deal is passed by the UK Gov.

The speaker of the house also ruled that MP's can't keep voting on basically the same deal....
Old 21-03-2019, 20:59   #2462
Full Member+

The latest:

"The European Council agrees to an extension until 22 May 2019, provided the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the House of Commons next week.

"If the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons next week, the European Council agrees to an extension until 12 April 2019 and expects the UK to indicate a way forward before this date for consideration by the European Council."
Old 22-03-2019, 06:26   #2463
God Member

I've honestly got to the stage where I really don't care which way this goes,just bloody get on with it & stop this ridiculous fully dallying - the whole things been a shambles from word go & has done nothing but make Great Britain a total laughing stock
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 06:59   #2464
Beacon of light

I think that most people will probably be feeling the same....as for making GB look like a laughing stock....I think this has just shown what a miserably poor set of representatives we have pretending to govern and provide an opposition.
Many of us have been saying that these men and women are not worth their corn....but now we have concrete proof.
The whole lot of them need replacing with bloody robots.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 07:32   #2465
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All this farce has proved to me is the FACT most M.P.s from ALL Parties are unfit to do the job, simple as!and the DO NOT represent the Public.
Old 22-03-2019, 09:11   #2466
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman; dickheads everywhere will sign when celebs put summat forward.[/QUOTE]

this so called celeb thing really gets my goat. the thing is i do not know who most of them are. they might be celebs to some but they are{put your own words in here** to me and their views are of even worse value.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 09:42   #2467
Beacon of light

The problem with celebs is they see themselves as
1) above the law
2) better than the hoi polloi
3)they think they know better than us....so they feel obliged to give us their opinions.
4) they know that those who can see far better than they can think, will swallow their every word and slavishly follow their lead.

All these celebs are not adversely affected by being in the EU....they send their children to private schools....live in secure compounds, can pay for any medical or dental care that they might need....and if things get really rough they have the money and influence to migrate to somewhere else.
Many of these luvvies are 'virtue signalling' believing their stance is one that benefits the lower socioeconomic economic groups.

They will get a helluva shock if Jezza gets into number ten....they'll be singing different tunes whe he soaks them for tax....except....erm, they won't because most of these have accounts offshore to avoid paying taxes.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-03-2019, 17:12   #2468

It seems that MPs are to be given votes on 7 options to see what way forward would be supported.
I am sure Im not alone in feeling angry and amazed that after 2 years of so called negotiation, we still do not have an exit plan and MPs are having to be asked what they think.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 18:04   #2469
Full Member+

Surely the time for asking MP's what they think is long past and pretty pointless now.

TM's deal is the only one on offer that the EU will accept and it's been voted down twice
A No Deal Brexit has also been voted down

I think a longer extension to Article 50 or revoking it completely would be a betrayal of democracy that wouldn't go down well at all. Same with another referendum, we voted in the majority to leave, so MP's have a duty to deliver that.
Old 22-03-2019, 18:36   #2470
Beacon of light

The problem being that those MP's do not feel that we should have been trusted with this vote.
They did not think we had the collective brains to make appropriate choices(appropriate in their view, that is)
They seem to think they are in the Palace of Westminster to express their own views....exercise only their own agenda...which does not include Leaving the EU.
They did not believe we would vote to leave....it was a shock to them.

They have got a bit rusty when it comes to 'thinking....when it comes to the nuts and bolts of governing and being an effective opposition.
They are not fit for purpose.
Old 22-03-2019, 19:50   #2471
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Surely the time for asking MP's what they think is long past and pretty pointless now....TM's deal is the only one on offer that the EU will accept and it's been voted down twice ... A No Deal Brexit has also been voted down.
Agree with your sentiments, Ryewolf, but a No Deal (sic) has not been voted down. In the absence of our beloved representatives eating their own sick and opting to support May’s so-called deal, all that has happened is a bunch of duplicitous and/or dithering MPs have ‘voted’ to advise that THEY don’t want what they call a No Deal.
These are the same MPs who stood on manifestos to enact the results of the 2016 referendum and just about the first thing they did when they settled back into those cushioned green benches, by a massive majority, was to vote to leave on March 29th.
If the metropolitan Remoaners succeed in their aim and think that 17.4 million leave voters will simply forget about it and go away, they’re delusional.
If the UK remains in the EU or becomes a vassal of the EU under May’s treachery, this issue will replace the right/left division in politics for years to come.
There’s already a new party (SDP - an unfortunate acronym for those of us with memories, but not that old lot, check it out) that is pro-Brexit, in addition to whatever Farage can cobble together.
A clean break under WTO terms is now the only way forward.
https://sdp.org.uk/

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 22-03-2019 at 19:53.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 21:06   #2472
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
A clean break under WTO terms is now the only way forward.
I totally agree with that sentence above.
I think most of us who voted believed that this would be the outcome.
It was fairly clear from the start that the EU would never negotiate anything worth having.
It should have been our negotiators going along to Brussels with a list of our requests, telling them to give us a bell when they had decided and if they were not going to come up with the goods....then we walk away...pay nothing.

This current 2month extension (if it proves to be that) is going to cost us 2billion quid....and for what....so that Macron, Tusk, et al can have their pictures taken ridiculing our PM.
This is not how adults behave to one another....regardless of what you think of a PM it is downright undiplomatic.

It should MEVER EVER be about what the MP's want....unless of course their wants are aligned to those the represent....it should be about what they were elected to do(in return for a healthy 80k salary).

It seems to me that these worthless people have reached their level of incompetence.
#notfitfor purpose.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-03-2019 at 21:12.
Old 23-03-2019, 07:58   #2473
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is the referendum slip asked us simply Leave Or Remain. the public Voted Leave simple as, was no mention of a deal of any kind, so Leave we should. but our Reps think we are too stupid to make that decision.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-03-2019, 08:17   #2474
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is the referendum slip asked us simply Leave Or Remain. the public Voted Leave simple as, was no mention of a deal of any kind, so Leave we should. but our Reps think we are too stupid to make that decision.
think its as much to do of them not agreeing with the majority plus there are many who agree with them. its an issue that will split the country for years ahead no matter what happens in the end.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 08:35   #2475
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It wont split anyone who holds democracy dear. it demonstrates perfectly how many plebs do not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..