Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2019, 10:42   #2476
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Before the 2016 referendum a friend of mine who was (and still is pro Europe (a strange term, I'm not anti Europe I'm anti EU)) would argue that exit would ruin the Country and because he works abroad quite alot of his employment.

As soon as the results were in he jumped on the bandwagon and started claiming that the result was all the fault of the ill-educated.

After two years of non decision and down right lies, he is still wanting to stay in but he does now say that to remain under the circumstances that have been developed would be the most undemocratic result in British history.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2019, 10:57   #2477
Beacon of light

I do not 'get' why anyone who has followed the wrangling that have gone on.....that have seen the flagrant disregard for courtesy(by the EU negotiators) would want to be part of this undemocratic organisation.

Also, I think that many who voted to stay in the EU do not realise that come 2020 we would be forced to be in the Schengen zone, we would be forced to renounce Sterling, accept all the rulings of the ECJ because it would hold supreme power....parliament would have about as much power as a parish council and we would become a vassal state of the United States of Euro
We would cease to be in control of our own country and its affairs.
How undemocratic.....and don't tell me we have a vote, because this vote is so pathetic, it means nothing...our vote in the past has changed nothing in the EU.
How very unpatriotic of those who would subvert the will of the people.

I face the future full of despair.

Like you Less I am not anti Europe, but I detest the Eu and all it stands for with every fibre of my body.
I want to be OUT.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-03-2019 at 10:59.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 12:42   #2478
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No-one i know is anti europe anti E.U. yep.
Old 24-03-2019, 12:49   #2479
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Seems they are trying to remove May, to be sure the purpose of that is simply to Delay Brexit even more or even prevent it from happening its not rocket science. Those M.P.s should be sacked PDQ, wether May is weak or not, they obviously do not give a stuff about the referendum vote.
Old 24-03-2019, 13:08   #2480
Beacon of light

This is not a good time for changing political leaders....regardless of what you think of the efforts of the PM.
I think is is just a ploy to thwart our exit altogether.....and do these politicians realise what that would mean to those who voted to leave.

There were supposed to be a million people in London yesterday protesting and asking for article 50 to be revoked.

Much of this is propaganda PAID for by those who want to be ruled by faceless Brussels bureaucrats.
They do not any consideration for the 17.4 million who voted to leave and they have less consideration for democracy.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-03-2019, 14:18   #2481
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

There was approx 100 thousand in that march the media are doing their best to swing brexit away.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-03-2019, 15:20   #2482
Beacon of light

The Media are using the wrong language when they talk about Brexit.
For instance Sky news(remainer influenced of course like the Beeb) they have a banner at the foot of the screen which proclaims 'Brexit Crisis'.....even before it was a crisis.
It should be reading 'Brexit Update'....far less drama in those words.
Words DO make a difference to how things are perceived.
The newspaper catastrophes every little thing about the situation....the put forward scenarios,they tell us how it is going to be.....but yet NONE of them know how a Situation like this will work out.
They make leaving without taking this rotten to the core deal sound like we will be hanging ourselves.....YET IT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE.
So how do they know.
All the experts have been wrong so far.

I am just glad that we did not have politicians like this in 1939...we would all be goose stepping and speaking German now.
Load of tosspots....not fit for purpose...could not run a pie stall.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 24-03-2019, 18:09   #2483
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Load of tosspots....not fit for purpose...could not run a pie stall.
Now, now, I know a pie stall operator and she isn't a tosspot, though, if you ask her who ate all the pies, she won't give you a definitive answer, I think she has ambitions to be a politician!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 21:17   #2484
Full Member+

I have to say I'm now officially Brexit fatigued..... and from some of the posts I've seen around the interweb I'm not the only one.

All these MP's talking about soft or hard Brexits, extending or revoking Article 50, a second referendum or General Elections are just adding to the confusion and farce that's been going on for well over a 1000 days now. The time for these indicative votes (which aren't binding) has long gone and should have been done from the outset.

There is only one deal agreed upon and that's the Withdrawal Deal that the PM took to the EU, the default position is if it isn't ratified by the UK Government, then we go to a No-Deal Brexit.

I watched a bit of the debates last night, there seemed to be more uproar about the Speaker of the House calling an ex Whip "not a very good one" than there was about actually dealing with the fact that in just over 2 weeks we would leave the EU with no deal.
Old 26-03-2019, 21:26   #2485
Beacon of light

Tosspots....the lot of them.
Unprincipled tosspots.
Old 26-03-2019, 23:44   #2486

The fabric* of the Palace of Westminster is currently being repaired and parts of the building are covered in scaffolding which in turn is covered in coloured plastic sheeting. They have been using a variety of colours for this sheeting, blue, red and green seem to have been popular. These colours seem to be quite commonly used for this purpose on building sites, often in hi-vis near ‘day glow’ shades presumably for health and safety reasons.

I find myself wondering if there is any significance in the fact that the shrouding around the entrance is now done with black**.

Perhaps it is a comment by the builders.
Perhaps it is at the request of broadcasters - to prevent any indication of bias in their interviews.
Perhaps it will change to white if the inmates ever reach a consensus.

* Some would argue that internal repairs are more urgent than external ones.
** The normal significance of this colour is well known

Last edited by Hill Walker; 26-03-2019 at 23:46.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 08:53   #2487
Beacon of light

Now we have MP's like BJ and JRM saying they will support The PM's deal.
Why? For goodness sake.....what difference does her offer to step down have on the deal she has been given(it was NEVER negotiated).
Nothing has changed regarding the terms of this rotten to the core deal.
There are also those in Parliament who are now saying that they will put into law the decisions made by the indicative votes.

These spineless, morally bankrupt, undemocratic MP's(two thirds are remainers) are betraying their constituents.
Even our own MP on a twitter feed says that there is not a majority in the North who now wish to leave the EU.
So out of touch, so self absorbed and so bloody useless.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 27-03-2019, 09:00   #2488
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just heard on News Donald Tusk has instructed the 27, to back the British people who are calling for Brexit withdrawal or a second Referendum, probably been instructed by Teresa to do so.
Old 27-03-2019, 09:23   #2489
Beacon of light

Cashy do you mean he is supporting the people asking that article 50 be revoked?

They(the whole crew of them) are not to be trusted.
We voted to leave....that is what should be happening....no extension, no fiddle fiddling with cobbled together ideas....Canada...Norway....they do not mean we are OUT.

We voted. The vote was clear. The MAJORITY wanted to cut all ties with the EU.
NO customs Union, NO free movement, NO single market....those were the manifesto promises.

It appears to me that it is only democracy if you vote the way those on the gravy train believe is right.

That should not surprise me because for many many years I have been saying that democracy is just an illusion sold to the little people(those without influence) to make them believe that they can change things.
It has become clear that our votes mean nothing, are worth nothing and can change nothing.
It is money/power that has the say.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 27-03-2019, 10:15   #2490
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yep sorry thought i,d made it clear?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..