Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 23:26   #2506
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

What's more disappointing and disturbing is that closest defeated options actually involved closer ties to the EU than the PM's withdrawal deal....
Old 27-03-2019, 23:31   #2507
Full Member+

This is how the Hyndburn MP Voted tonight:

Graham P Jones

Voting record on the following Brexit proposals:

Against No-deal: Leaving the EU on 12 April without a deal (John Baron's proposal - 160 for, 400 against)
Did not vote Common Market 2.0: Remaining in the European single market and seeking a temporary customs union with the EU (Nick Boles' proposal - 188 for, 283 against)
Against EFTA and EEA: Remaining in the European single market but not forming a customs union with the EU (George Eustice's proposal - 65 for, 377 against)
For Customs union: Seeking a UK-wide customs union with the EU (Ken Clarke's proposal - 264 for, 272 against)
For Labour's alternative plan: Negotiating changes to the withdrawal agreement so that it includes protections to workers' rights, a permanent customs union, and close alignment to the single market (Jeremy Corbyn's proposal - 237 for, 307 against)
Did not vote Revoke Article 50: Cancelling Brexit if the UK gets within days of leaving the EU without a deal (Joanna Cherry's proposal - 184 for, 293 against)
For Second referendum: Holding another public vote to confirm any withdrawal agreement agreed by Parliament (Margaret Beckett's proposal - 268 for, 295 against)
Against Standstill arrangement: Seeking a tariff-free trade agreement with the EU that will last for two years, during which time Britain will contribute to the EU budget (Marcus Fysh's proposal - 139 for, 422 against)
Old 28-03-2019, 07:59   #2508
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Well, what a surprise none of the options put forward had a majority, what a complete waste of time.
Well, it might be a political waste of time, but it might take us nearer to the exit with a default position....which is in effect what should be happening tomorrow.

Those men and women who are currently elected to reflect the wishes of their constituents should be ashamed of themselves because each one of these tedious processes(none of which so far has had a decisive influence) has been a stab in the heart of democracy.
The representatives are NOT there to fulfil their own agenda.

And while I am having a morning rant....Donald Tusk should keep his nose out...and his smart mouth SHUT. His comments are particularly unhelpful....inflammatory even.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 08:01   #2509
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
This is how the Hyndburn MP Voted tonight:

Graham P Jones

Voting record on the following Brexit proposals:

Against No-deal: Leaving the EU on 12 April without a deal (John Baron's proposal - 160 for, 400 against)
Did not vote Common Market 2.0: Remaining in the European single market and seeking a temporary customs union with the EU (Nick Boles' proposal - 188 for, 283 against)
Against EFTA and EEA: Remaining in the European single market but not forming a customs union with the EU (George Eustice's proposal - 65 for, 377 against)
For Customs union: Seeking a UK-wide customs union with the EU (Ken Clarke's proposal - 264 for, 272 against)
For Labour's alternative plan: Negotiating changes to the withdrawal agreement so that it includes protections to workers' rights, a permanent customs union, and close alignment to the single market (Jeremy Corbyn's proposal - 237 for, 307 against)
Did not vote Revoke Article 50: Cancelling Brexit if the UK gets within days of leaving the EU without a deal (Joanna Cherry's proposal - 184 for, 293 against)
For Second referendum: Holding another public vote to confirm any withdrawal agreement agreed by Parliament (Margaret Beckett's proposal - 268 for, 295 against)
Against Standstill arrangement: Seeking a tariff-free trade agreement with the EU that will last for two years, during which time Britain will contribute to the EU budget (Marcus Fysh's proposal - 139 for, 422 against)
No surprises there then.
#chocolateteapotMP
Old 28-03-2019, 08:59   #2510
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That Ryewolf explains what a complete Barsteward he has become, and to think i used to hold him in high regard.
Old 28-03-2019, 10:13   #2511
Beacon of light

Cashy...you won't be sucked in a second time....so you have learned something there.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-03-2019, 11:21   #2512
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy...you won't be sucked in a second time....so you have learned something there.
I just hope the rest of his constituents have learnt the same lesson, or are they the ill-educated that shouldn't be allowed to vote that he was talking about before the referendum?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 12:11   #2513
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Theres only 1 ill educated as far as i'm concerned, thats our M.P.who refused to act on the choice of his constituents,
Old 28-03-2019, 12:30   #2514
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theres only 1 ill educated as far as i'm concerned, thats our M.P.who refused to act on the choice of his constituents,
Cashy, I have to disagree with you on that....it is not education that our representative lacks...it is respect for those who elected him to fulfil his obligations.
It is ethics that he lacks...he has traded the respect of local people to satisfy his ego...and no doubt his bank balance.
No one ever leaves politics as a pauper.
Old 28-03-2019, 12:33   #2515
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I just hope the rest of his constituents have learnt the same lesson, or are they the ill-educated that shouldn't be allowed to vote that he was talking about before the referendum?
Less, I hope so too...alas there are some who would follow a donkey as long as it wore a Labour rosette.
Those people will alway be prepared to swallow his guff and give him another chance...mainly because their ability to see is better than their ability to think.
Old 28-03-2019, 12:41   #2516
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, I hope so too...alas there are some who would follow a donkey as long as it wore a Labour rosette.
Those people will alway be prepared to swallow his guff and give him another chance...mainly because their ability to see is better than their ability to think.
Aye but seems to me like he thinks all are like that? maybe he will have one hell of a shock come next elections? i certainly hope thats the case.
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Old 28-03-2019, 12:54   #2517
Beacon of light

I sincerely hope so too Cashy.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-03-2019, 14:19   #2518
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

His voting record last night clearly displays he has completely ignored EVERY constituent that voted LEAVE, how Graham has the gall to remain M.P.for Hyndburn completely baffles me, its hard faced at the best.
Old 28-03-2019, 14:21   #2519
Full Member+

Looks like the MP's are up to some political chicanery to get a third 'Meaning Vote' for Mays deal on Friday by splitting the Withdrawal Agreement (which is legally binding) and the Political Declaration.

EU Withdrawal Act is very clear: "the withdrawal agreement may be ratified only if...the negotiated withdrawal agreement and the framework for the future relationship have been approved by a resolution of the House of Commons on a motion moved by a Minister of the Crown."
Old 28-03-2019, 14:49   #2520
Beacon of light

something in the region of two thirds of the MP's do not want to leave...so they will use every trick in the book to thwart the vote to leave.
Every time one of these men or women goes against the electorate, they actively betray democracy.
They are a disgusting set of traitors(I cannot put what I really think of them...it would get me banned).
Come the next election many of these will be on the bones of their bum.

I can see much civil unrest in the tea leaves.

As for Donald Tusk...it is time he took his nose out of UK business...the inflammatory goon(again sanitised to swerve a ban).
nicola68 and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..