Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2019, 09:45   #2536
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What should happen if this vote today goes down which many think it will not win, is Teresa May should tell the E.U. sorry we are are leaving on the default position NO DEAL. she always said no deal is better than a bad deal, and personally i'm damn sure it is. obviously she will not do that cos shes lied all along this brexit.
Cashy, there are so many powerful people in high places who can subvert democracy that this will not happen.

Democracy is dead and Resting in Pieces.
Courage is dead and resting beside democracy.
Traitors all of them!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2019, 14:51   #2537
Full Member+

MPs have voted by 286 to 344 to reject the government’s withdrawal agreement.
Old 29-03-2019, 15:20   #2538
Beacon of light

Quelle surprise!
Old 29-03-2019, 16:24   #2539
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its a great pity Guy Fawkes cocked up.
Old 29-03-2019, 20:02   #2540
Full Member+

I wonder what is going to happen next? A lot of pundits have been saying there's basically 3 choices:

Revoke Article 50
Ask for a much longer extension (which would include the European Elections)
Leave with no deal
Old 29-03-2019, 20:04   #2541
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think its rather obvious to me.
Old 29-03-2019, 20:38   #2542
Beacon of light

If article 50 is revoked then that would be a betrayal of immense proportions.
A longer extension (with the useless appointment of MEP's)....I think the EU would sanction this if there was some plan as to how the impasse could be dealt with....I think that if there was not some plan in place(that satisfied the Goons in the EU) then this might be denied.

For myself...I hope we leave with no deal in two weeks time.

After all the options put forward showed no clear majority....and none of the MP's have put forward any viable alternatives I think that the EU are losing patience(for want of a better word).

There is also the possibility of a snap election....maybe even as soon as next week.

Though I think that there will be people currently in Westminster who are pooping their pants at this prospect.
The electorate have the cards marked.....and I think they will be very unforgiving.....but then maybe if the result does not meet with the approval of the political elite....they will want a 'best of three scenario'

I feel so disillusioned and politically homeless.
Old 29-03-2019, 20:57   #2543
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think its rather obvious to me.

I agree, it might be obvious to you and me, but these are MP's we're talking about.....

I've even heard options of bringing back TM's Withdrawal Deal (again) for another 'Meaningfull Vote' (this last one didn't count - I suppose we could call it MV2.5) but with a different Political Declaration based on some of the more popular options that were voted down on Wednesday, which Parliament will be doing indicative votes for next Monday and Wednesday.

So we might end up being even more closer tied to the EU than TM's half-in half-out deal.....
Old 29-03-2019, 22:13   #2544
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
We’ll be in London tomorrow on the Leave Means Leave gathering.

How was London? It's been many years since I last went.
Old 29-03-2019, 22:24   #2545
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
I agree, it might be obvious to you and me, but these are MP's we're talking about....
You mean the intelligentsia?
Those who deemed us too thick to really know what we were voting for.

Have these people never played card games....dominoes?
Don't they realise that by taking NoDeal off the table they weaken their bargaining power....weaken their chances of success.

How is it that we thicko's can see what they cannot?
Unless of course it is selective blindness....like Nelson and 'I see no ships'.....or is all this foxtrotting contrived?
Has the PM been told by the goons on the other side of the channel, just how to play us like a fiddle.
These are all things that go through my head....and elevate my blood pressure a few more notches.

Do these educated people not know what they are trying to tie us into?
Have they not read the Lisbon treaty, the Barcelona treaty....the Coudenhove -Kalergi plan....do these documents not fill them with despair or could they not give a shiny you know what about the ordinary folk (and we ALL know the answer to that one)???.

I just want to hibernate....have someone waken me when we are OUT.....totally and utterly out...not this Hokey Cokey stuff.....with a glass of sparkling stuff to celebrate with.

Oh and looking at the March today...it gives lie to the myth that all those who voted to leave were knarly old burgers, close to dying....from what I have seen there seemed to be a mix of ages...and there seemed to be a lot of people....no not a million, but perhaps only a little short of the remainder numbers at their protest.
Old 29-03-2019, 22:27   #2546
Beacon of light

I would like to say a huge Thank You to those who dropped what they were doing today and went down to this protest...my heart was with you. Well Done
Old 29-03-2019, 23:01   #2547
Full Member+

Some sobering thoughts on how long we could be tied up with negotiations to leave the EU based on one of the last countries to leave the then EEC.

Greenland joined the then European Community in 1973 as part of the Kingdom of Denmark, after gaining autonomy in 1979 Greenland voted to leave the EEC in 1982, but it took until 1985 until negotiations were completed, following more than 100 meetings with EU officials.

“The negotiations were a surprisingly unpleasant job,” Lars Vesterbirk, Greenland's former representative to the EU who led the negotiations, told POLITICO. “The EU member states would not take us seriously because they were not willing to accept that you should or could leave.”

“At the time, you could become a member of the EU but you couldn’t leave,” Vesterbirk said.
Old 29-03-2019, 23:04   #2548
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I just want to hibernate....have someone waken me when we are OUT.....totally and utterly out.

You might be waiting some time, you'll be like Sleeping Beauty who falls into a sleep for a 100 years...
Old 30-03-2019, 08:25   #2549
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You mean the intelligentsia?
Those who deemed us too thick to really know what we were voting for.

Oh and looking at the March today...it gives lie to the myth that all those who voted to leave were knarly old burgers, close to dying....from what I have seen there seemed to be a mix of ages...and there seemed to be a lot of people....no not a million, but perhaps only a little short of the remainder numbers at their protest.
That million people was a complete take the pea outa the oiks it was a photo of back in 2012 copied and the film etc of some occasion to do with the queen, definate, someone put both photos on the net and they were identical, twas just another attempt to deceive the public.
Old 30-03-2019, 09:11   #2550
Beacon of light

But the pictures of yesterday were genuine....right.
I was trying to make the point that the myth that the remainers put about is that leavers are old....ready for their coffins.
That young people who have more knowledge voted to stay.
The pictures of the Leave means Leave March looked to contain a mix of ages.

That odious man Terry Christian has brought out a tea towel with depictions of old folk on it with some comment about us dying off....and othe high profile people have either said or alluded to the same thing.

This is both insensitive and inflammatory in a situation which needs no accelerant to create flames.
There is going to be a lot of civil unrest in the future....whatever the outcome is.

The EU is toxic and the sooner it crumbles the better it will be....especially for the people in Italy, Greece Spain and Portugal....they are the 'poor relations' of the EU.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..