Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree3254Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2016, 16:43   #256
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I did not see or hear one mention of this in any of the TV broadcasts, or in any of the papers I read.
Daily express & Breitbart London, usually give more information than the usual tabloids.
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2016, 18:04   #257
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I only knew of it because you supplied a link to Breitbart.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 10:29   #258
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
From what I understand both make a profit without being part of the EU, so I think we should follow their examples.
I don't know about the holiday island of Guernsey but Jersey brings in extra money by specialising in providing off-shore banking services. John Nettles, who plays Bergerac, the TV series that takes place on Jersey, was interviewed a year or so ago and said he'd applied to live there. He was turned down, apparently because foreigners aren't allowed to own property and neither can they reside there without permission, which is only allowed in exceptional circumstances. As he and the TV company had spent years spending money on the island and bringing in more visitors he thought he'd be given permission.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 10:37   #259
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just been watching the news on Sky, a recent "Poll" in France has said 53% of frogs also want a E.U. referendum, that comes a surprise to me, but just goes to show, the rubbish we are being told by those who want to remain.
I didn't see that but I do know that Germans haven't been too pleased with the way their country has changed this last decade or so with the influx of foreigners and I imagine France and other countries are agitated by the mass movement of people from the African continent. This was massive before Putin decided to take a hand September 2015 which encouraged even more people to move northward to safety. Putin is definitely wanting to discourage Eastern European countries from belonging to the EU.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 23:52   #260
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

And Obama says, "with the candour of a friend", if you vote to leave you are on America's shiite list.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 05:06   #261
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And Obama says, "with the candour of a friend", if you vote to leave you are on America's shiite list.
Oh no! Not another one?
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 06:26   #262
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And Obama says, "with the candour of a friend", if you vote to leave you are on America's shiite list.
Typical, Obama wants us to stay in cos its best for AMERICA not us.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:07   #263
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Cashy, you took the words right out of my mouth!
I will add to this .....what is best for America, is not best for us.
The only thing we should be considering is what is best for us.
This makes a mockery of what Tony Blair and Geoge Bush called 'a special relationship'.
Obama needs to keep his trap shut. I certainly won't be following his direction.
They would get over it if we left.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:11   #264
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

The thing is though Margaret Cameron, @ the Labour Party seem to me, too thick to see that implication.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:16   #265
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Cashy, I don't think they are thick at all. It is not in their interests to acknowledge the implications. they have vested interests in the Uk being in the Eu...all of which I have mentioned in previous posts to this thread.

I will be reall really surprised.....nay, shocked if the electorate vote to leave.
I cannot see us getting out at all.
I thnk that there is much skulduggery to come.
We will wait and see.
For us old burgers it has little consequence....but it for our children and grandchildren it will be terrible. It makes you ask if those who died fighting in the two wars for our freedom died in vain.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:33   #266
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, I don't think they are thick at all. It is not in their interests to acknowledge the implications. they have vested interests in the Uk being in the Eu...all of which I have mentioned in previous posts to this thread.

I will be reall really surprised.....nay, shocked if the electorate vote to leave.
I cannot see us getting out at all.
I thnk that there is much skulduggery to come.
We will wait and see.
For us old burgers it has little consequence....but it for our children and grandchildren it will be terrible. It makes you ask if those who died fighting in the two wars for our freedom died in vain.
Yer probably correct Margaret, i just prefer to think thick oer dishonest.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 11:21   #267
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Actions of any country in the world could affect us in the UK so I don't mind if a foreigner gives their point of view of how our actions could affect them. It wasn't just Obama who gave his opinion yesterday, there was a TV programme on last night where opinions were asked of scholars in some Scandinavian countries who have no say/vote in the EU
I was listening to TV this morning and a chap from Holland ''phoned in to give his views on the EU. He was disgruntled that he couldn't vote because, although he still holds a British passport, he's not lived here within the last 15 years. He would have voted to leave the EU because of the meddling of the Commission in other countries internal affairs. Apparently his Dutch circle of pals feel the same way.
The only thing I take umbrage at in this debate is the parrotted lie that the 'NO' camp promotes - this being how much we pay per month or per year. to the EU - they conveniently forget to deduct our discount. With discount we pay between £8 and £9 Billion Pounds then we gt back some millions for research, farmers, etc. As I'm from the era of a Farthing being able to buy something to put on the table even a Million or a Billion pouns is a lot of money - but when you hear that the Personal Borrowings of ordinary Brits is nearly One and a half TRILLION Pounds - then "millions" and "billions" fades into insignificance
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 11:35   #268
Senior Member+
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Actions of any country in the world could affect us in the UK so I don't mind if a foreigner gives their point of view of how our actions could affect them. It wasn't just Obama who gave his opinion yesterday, there was a TV programme on last night where opinions were asked of scholars in some Scandinavian countries who have no say/vote in the EU
I was listening to TV this morning and a chap from Holland ''phoned in to give his views on the EU. He was disgruntled that he couldn't vote because, although he still holds a British passport, he's not lived here within the last 15 years. He would have voted to leave the EU because of the meddling of the Commission in other countries internal affairs. Apparently his Dutch circle of pals feel the same way.
The only thing I take umbrage at in this debate is the parrotted lie that the 'NO' camp promotes - this being how much we pay per month or per year. to the EU - they conveniently forget to deduct our discount. With discount we pay between £8 and £9 Billion Pounds then we gt back some millions for research, farmers, etc. As I'm from the era of a Farthing being able to buy something to put on the table even a Million or a Billion pouns is a lot of money - but when you hear that the Personal Borrowings of ordinary Brits is nearly One and a half TRILLION Pounds - then "millions" and "billions" fades into insignificance
And does our Head of State or even the PM advise the Americans or the Canadians on how they should vote in any election? It is very easy to skew public opinion quotes on the media - they only report the views of interviewees that suit the purpose of that particular media outlet.
Your post is so like the Remain camp publicity - random figures but no indication of the source. If you wish to publicise financial reasons as to why we should remain then please cover all financial areas and provide source information.
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 11:51   #269
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

This 1 and a half trillion pounds?
Was it borrowed before or after we joined the EU?
Does it make it more or less important to leave the EU?
Does it have any relevance at all to do with the in or out debate?
Are you just padding out your posts to make them seem knowledgeable?
Could you be amongst those that think 95% of us shouldn't be allowed to vote in the referendum because we are too thick to comprehend?
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 12:25   #270
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Looking forward to Obama enacting free movement of travel into the USA for all citizens of Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, Panama, El Salvador before he leaves office.

Also think it would be a brilliant idea if US joined with all North and South American when making new laws and gave Venezuela and Ecuador a vote.

Funny, I always thought all those tens of thousands of American military men and women who lie in European soil gave their lives to put an end to a European Dictatorship.

But what do we know?
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:31.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.33780 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1