Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2019, 15:40   #2686
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I will have another look for the other article and post links to it when I locate it.

My distrust of what politicians tell me is total....especially in respect of EU politicians.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2019, 08:26   #2687
Full Member+

No I do not trust them which is why I voted to leave but misleading articles like the one you linked to only give the remainers fuel for their belief that all leavers are as thick as pig muck.

Remainers are quick to point out that Britain has a say in all matters of the EU and that by leaving we are giving up that right. If we no longer belong to the club, why do we need to follow their rules.

If we are selling products to other countries, whether in the EU or outside of it, the product has to be fit for purpose, up to the required standard and be competively priced.

I just don't understand where tariffs come into it, they say they are there to protect local jobs but our manufacturing industries have been overwhelmed by cheap imports.

Of course our own government have played a large part in killing manufacturing off as they concentrate their efforts on financial services down in the centre of the universe. As risks go, that is a big one because the whole financial industry could relocate to anywhere in the world, at the drop of a hat and then where would UK plc be?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:51   #2688
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Remainers are the ones that told bigger and more lies than the leavers, Cameron, and osborne started em off and may and loads more carried on with them.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 14:08   #2689
Beacon of light

The lies go further back than that.
We were let into the EU via a trading organisation...and those in government knew exactly what was being done.
The aim of the EU has always been to 'sleepwalk' nations into a position from which it would be hard to escape.
So Heath was one of those who led us like sheep to the slaughter, but it was John Major who ratified the Maastricht treaty which damaged the U.K.
Then Gordon Brown signed off on the Lisbon treaty.
This is the treaty that Eire rejected and was sent back to vote again until they came up with the answer that satisfied the Brussels goons.
I just hope that they deny the request for an extension...or better yet chuck us out.
A vain hope, I am sure.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 16:25   #2690

Seems the confusion and chaos has spread into the Passport Office
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47833702

Perhaps just trying to cover all possibilities.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 18:25   #2691
Full Member+

Could a 'No deal Brexit hit my holiday plans?'.

Depends if you believe that bull**** grows on trees.

Version 1: - The Remain View Point.
Sorry but if you have booked a holiday outside the UK then you are out of luck. All foreign travel has been suspended as the ports and airports have all been closed to keep those pesky foreigners out of good old Englandshire.

Version 2: - The Leave Version.
Yes, of course you can come here on holiday and be ripped off in the Eurozone because apart from fishing in your waters for depleting stocks of gastrofish, what else have we to offer? Please come and visit us as with your pounds in our pockets, we can try to pay off our debts to that EU lot who, it seems, own all of our mineral wealth as well as our women.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 00:56   #2692
Full Member+

The House of Commons approves Lords Amendment 5 to the #EUWithdrawal5Bill by 390 votes to 81. This concludes debate on Lords amendments to the #EUWithdrawal5Bill. The Bill now awaits Royal Assent.

Basically we can't leave the EU on a no deal or maybe not as EU law supersedes the law that's about to be passed......
Old 09-04-2019, 06:14   #2693
Beacon of light

We can't leave the EU on a no deal basis....unless they chuck us out.

What a load of useless tosspots we have in government....supported by a load of useless OLD tosspots in the H.o L.
I hope they are all feeling very pleased with themselves.
A pox on Cooper and Letwin....bring on a GE and then we can show them our ire.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:55   #2694
Senior Member+

Almost three years after a vote to leave the EU and still no decision has been made on how best to achieve the exit.
A bill to stop a “no deal” exit is discussed, voted on and passed in a few hours.
It’s obvious to me that this pig trough called parliament is determined to keep the UK in the hands of the corrupt dictatorship of the EU.
Last year I was expecting Britain to be a free Country again by now and there would be celebrations in the streets.
Instead, I’m sat up in bed reading the news and drinking my morning coffee wondering if my hopes and prayers of a free UK will ever come to fruition.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:03   #2695
God Member

[QUOTE=Gremlin;1226794]
It’s obvious to me that this pig trough called parliament is determined to keep the UK in the hands of the corrupt dictatorship of the EU.

when the big majority of em wanted to remain in the first place it was obvious to me that they,d fight tooth and nail to get their own wishes and sod us. the only time they do want us is a general election and its always been the same.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:06   #2696
Beacon of light

Russell, it was a vain hope I think.
Our opinions count for nothing....our votes mean nothing because they can be trumped by those who purport to represent our wishes...but clearly do NOT.

It was a huge shock to the establishment that our Anti EU feelings were so strong.
That just shows how divorced they are from the man in the street...how little they know the electorate.

I have watched with disgust the shenanigans in Parliament and have come to the conclusion that most of the representatives there have pus for brains.

How do they not 'get' that you play your hand of cards like you hold all the aces.

We have been sold into permanent vassalage to the EU.
I fear that we will never be free from Brussels meddling....and I also fear that there will be punitive measures instigated against us in the future.
Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:40   #2697
Beacon of light

TM has flown off to Brussels today with her begging bowl...for an extension to article 50.
It is reported that the price we will have to pay is to stay in the EU until March 2020(meaning the expense of the election of MEP's who will never exercise their rights in the EU Parliament) we will also be punished by losing some of the current freedoms.....and the EU will insist on a mechanism which prevents any future Brexiteer PM from reversing the powers.
So, with friends like these you do not need enemies.
Old 09-04-2019, 13:16   #2698
God Member

Well, if the liars, Quislings, and traitors in London want us to vote in their mickey-mouse election, there's only one party that's getting my votes:

https://thebrexitparty.org/registered-supporter/

Sometimes you just have to undermine the walls of a prison to escape it.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 13:56   #2699
Beacon of light

Angela Merkel, it is reported failed to show up on the red carpet to greet TM....but waited inside the building.
Discourteous and undiplomatic...how many more ways does TM need to show her that her presence is uinwelcome...she needs to gift them her basence...and ours too.

OH....heck I forgot that Cooper and Letwin had set fire to that plan.

Say that the EU say we have to stay in until next March.....with no chance of influencing any of the laws, trade deals or whatever....BUT STILL having to abide by those deals, laws etc....how damaging they could make things.....and our useless politicians still running round with no kind of a plan...still not agreeing on anything.
I think this is a ploy to induce Brexit fatigue...so that we will accept anything...worst of it is...our clueless lot will take anything.
Old 09-04-2019, 14:36   #2700
God Member

That’s been the EU and May/Hammond’s plan from day two.
It worked in Ireland, Holland and Denmark. In France they had to fly in some votes from the Pacific and Indian Oceans to win their referendum.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..