Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2019, 05:57   #2716
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Except of course that accepting the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration does not get us out at all....and it is just what the Brussels Mafia intended. We will be further enmeshed in a situation that we clearly cannot escape from.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2019, 07:12   #2717
Beacon of light

This extra time trapped in this corrupt organisation is costing us an extra 7 billion quid.
Think what could be done if that money was spent in this country..improving facilities, enhancing the infrastructure, benefitting communities.

Grrrrrrrrr!

Get us OUT!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:09   #2718
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nothing really shocks me, Parliament is to Blame for the whole shebang, ok Mays deal is crap. but most of Parliament NEVER wanted to leave it was us thick gets is how they view it.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:31   #2719
Beacon of light

Yes those hypocritical 'Honourable Members' followed their own agenda.

Except I do not think for one minute that we are 'thick'...but I do think they are duplicitous, lying two faced, unpatriotic individuals.(I would really like to tell you what I really think of them, but Cashy I think you know already the expletives that would describe them).

The whole lot of them need booting out.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-04-2019 at 09:33.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:41   #2720
Beacon of light

Our politicians, representatives, the Peers of the realm are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!
cashman likes this.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:51   #2721
Senior Member+

Honorable members, my ar"e.
One of the Honorable members get jailed for some offence but on release is accepted back into the piggery they called Parliament.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:48   #2722
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Honorable members, my ar"e.
One of the Honorable members get jailed for some offence but on release is accepted back into the piggery they called Parliament.
Yeh so the corrupt bitch could vote.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:55   #2723
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
If there is a pro brexit choice they will also get my vote, as long as they can convince me they are being truthful. Other wise its a No vote.
its politics you are on about so the word truthful cannot be used. i,d believe the 25,000 miles on the clock of the 10 year old ex taxi being sold in bradford or blackburn before anything they come out with. if a politician told me today is thursday i,d quickly check my calendar to confirm it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 17:05   #2725
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm so surprised according to last week's obbo, (which I've only just read) potential candidates for the forthcoming local election are being advised by the police to go around canvassing in pairs, this is obviously because the people of the area don't feel they are being represented by their local M.P. (he whom knows all but does **** all for the common man).
It is a local issue and if these people can't walk the streets safely as they go about upsetting people there must be something wrong with the system!
I wonder what it is?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 18:02   #2726
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I read yesterday that over 80% of Labour M.P.s are in favour of a second referendum, which just goes to prove its only DEMOCRACY when it suits those toe rags that are supposed to represent us.
Old 23-04-2019, 19:28   #2727
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm so surprised according to last week's obbo, (which I've only just read) potential candidates for the forthcoming local election are being advised by the police to go around canvassing in pairs, this is obviously because the people of the area don't feel they are being represented by their local M.P. (he whom knows all but does **** all for the common man).
It is a local issue and if these people can't walk the streets safely as they go about upsetting people there must be something wrong with the system!
I wonder what it is?
Now come on Less....you are wise enough to know exactly what it is, but diplomatic enough not to spell it out.

I really do hope that those who want me to vote for them will come and tell me what they think makes THEM worthy of my cross in their box.

I dare them to knock on my door....I double dog dare them to knock on my door, but somehow I don't think they will.

In truth it is unfair for those who are in local politics should cop the flak for the 'No Marks' that we voted into the Houses of Parliament.
Local issues are so far removed from the current political chaos.....but the electorate won't necessarily recognise that....because they are angrier than ever before....and want someone....anyone in politics, to listen to their anger....to acknowledge the ar$e the current incumbents are making of the job.
cashman likes this.
Old 23-04-2019, 21:06   #2728
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In truth it is unfair for those who are in local politics should cop the flak for the 'No Marks' that we voted into the Houses of Parliament.

They are however following the national party line and are campaigning on whichever version of the hokey cokey we're out but still in the party says to follow.
Less likes this.
Old 24-04-2019, 06:40   #2729
Beacon of light

That might be the case, but they have little influence over what is going on in the big house down in the metropolis...well, other than perhaps to let the MP's know of the anger and disillusionment with politics....and its'failure to represent the common man.

MP's know of the feelings of the common man, but are choosing to disregard them in favour of their own patrician views and values.
Old 24-04-2019, 07:36   #2730
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I hear Anne Widdecombe has joined the Brexit Party.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..