Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2019, 09:43   #2746
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Now seems like May has completely sold out the electorate, by mentioning the possibility of a second referendum amonst other things, will that mean when a General Election occurs, if people are not happy with the vote we can demand another? somehow i doubt it, HYPOCRITICAL BITCH.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:45   #2747
God Member

Just get out and vote for the Brexit Party, or UKIP if necessary.

The Remoaners in Whitehall and the media will be counting every single vote for the democracy denying parties who want to betray the public and are desperate to turn tomorrow into another referendum.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 10:58   #2748
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Just get out and vote for the Brexit Party, or UKIP if necessary.

The Remoaners in Whitehall and the media will be counting every single vote for the democracy denying parties who want to betray the public and are desperate to turn tomorrow into another referendum.
I’m not ashamed to admit that both me and my partner sent our postal vote back with a X against Brexit last week.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:27   #2749
Beacon of light

Three times TM has asked those elected to the House of Parliament.
Three times she has been told in no uncertain terms that the WAB is unacceptable.
The moves she has made to rectify this... she calls 'bold'.
The only real bold move would be to leave under WTO.
She has capitulated in a major way.....there was a promise made of NO customs union....but she is suggesting that we agree to this now(she says it would be temporary, but I do not believe this.) she wants to remain in a single market(though she is not calling it that).
She has said that she will promise to abide by employment and agriculture laws passed by the EU....even when we have left.
So tell me, how is that Brexit?
These conditions would be a worse deal than we currently have.

She has called herself 'a bloody difficult woman'....but she was not difficult enough in her dealings with those snakes in Brussels...or for that matter, the snakes in this country(of all political persuasions)....she was not difficult enough to prevent that remainer Letwin and mouse faced Yvette Cooper from scuppering our only leverage.
The only way she has been difficult is in disregarding the votes of 17.4 million electors...all they wanted was to be out on the terms laid down in the major party manifesto's.
NO freedom of movement. NO single market, NO ECJ. NO customs union.
That is what we were promised...that is what we want.

Please vote tomorrow. Vote Brexit, vote ukip...even vote independent, but don't vote for any of these lying traitorous Main parties.
It is time that the country sent out the message that their time is up.

Well done Russell...that is where my vote is going...and I am not ashamed either!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 12:41   #2750
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I’m not ashamed to admit that both me and my partner sent our postal vote back with a X against Brexit last week.
Why should you be ashamed? You were part of the majority that voted leave, you thought as the rest of the electorate (including those that voted stay) that once the votes were counted whomsoever got the majority their wishes would be adhered to that is what has always happened with a majority even if only by 1 vote.
Leavers and stayers have all been betrayed not for democracy but so our fat cat politicians can continue dripping gravy from their chins as they dig deeper into the trough of the E.U.
Non are innocent not one member of the 'establishment' has stepped forward to declare this fiasco as being against the will of the people.
Politicians? I've **** better turds than any of them could be whilst being constipated!

Last edited by Less; 22-05-2019 at 12:43.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 12:50   #2751
Beacon of light

Less.......I really really ish I could like that post twice.
Spot on...
Brilliant!
Old 22-05-2019, 12:57   #2752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why should you be ashamed? You were part of the majority that voted leave, you thought as the rest of the electorate (including those that voted stay) that once the votes were counted whomsoever got the majority their wishes would be adhered to that is what has always happened with a majority even if only by 1 vote.
Leavers and stayers have all been betrayed not for democracy but so our fat cat politicians can continue dripping gravy from their chins as they dig deeper into the trough of the E.U.
Non are innocent not one member of the 'establishment' has stepped forward to declare this fiasco as being against the will of the people.
Politicians? I've **** better turds than any of them could be whilst being constipated!
There you go Margaret, just like a politician I'll find a sneaky way around the rules!
Old 22-05-2019, 13:06   #2753
Beacon of light

Thanks Less.
Unlike our representatives...you know how to deliver!
Old 22-05-2019, 13:22   #2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Thanks Less.
Unlike our representatives...you know how to deliver!
Never been one to represent others, too honest, I know that given the choice of representing a pile of constituants and eating at the trough I know I'd be pushing myself forward to drown in the gravy.
I'd just disguise it better than the present lot, God, I'd be stirring it and still manage to pocket the cash.

By the way, if my brother Ray reads this I would ask him to reminisce about the time he was invited to be a representative of the people at a local party office.
Old 22-05-2019, 13:33   #2755
Beacon of light

Well, at least that is honest.

Heseltine wants us to stay in the EU because he receives £900,000 for uncultivated farmland....why would you break your back tilling and ploughing when you can cash in on uncultivated land at that price.
When we leave maybe he will need to plant turnips to make a living.
Old 22-05-2019, 13:39   #2756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, at least that is honest.
Ah, but is it?
I've heard similar bulls offerings from many a candidate, then ended up wearing a brown blanket once they get into power.
I wonder, why don't I like our M.P.?
Old 22-05-2019, 14:09   #2757
Beacon of light

If you are saying that you would shoulder your way to the trough....drink deeply of the gravy....because that is what you CAN do in your privileged position.....rather than pretending that what you are doing is on behalf of us....good for us....then, yes....I think it is honest.
I would rather have honesty than fake concerns that mean nothing....that actually rob us of our integrity too(because we have been bamboozled, had the wool pulled over our eyes).
Fool me once - shame on you....fool me twice, then shame on me.
Less likes this.
Old 22-05-2019, 14:57   #2758

History shows a large amount of what is wrong, many years ago both local & parliamentary representatives did the job without pay. (They still made a great deal of money because of this privilege).
Now to make it an even playing field those laughingly representing us get a bloody good wedge, so that the poor can represent the poor.
Unfortunately they aren't prevented from selling their souls, their principles, their morals, they may start off hoping to represent us but they are soon corrupted by those that have already learnt the ropes of deceit and are encouraged to sell the rest of us down the river.
Perhaps if for example they weren't allowed to become directors or other such easy living temptations while in power, but only to represent constituants things might improve?
Yeah right, Graham Jones will become a saint before that ever happens.

Last edited by Less; 22-05-2019 at 14:59.
Old 22-05-2019, 15:18   #2759
Beacon of light

Less....this is absolutely what i feel.
Gone are the days when men and women went into politics to give something back to their community.
To represent the folk in their town because they COULD...and without reward...the deed of representation was its own reward.
Politics(like many other things) has become corrupted by the greed of those who go into it.
Career politicians are not in a position to know th privations of those they represent who actually have to graft for a living...to make ends meet...that has GOT to be wrong.

But I can't see any changes on the horizon...and the telescope is not put to my blind eye.
cashman likes this.
Old 22-05-2019, 17:18   #2760
Senior Member+

**{stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be****
that statement could have been coined for our prime minister
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..