Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2019, 13:41   #2791
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cameron is definitely the number 1 where blame lies no doubt, but the simple fact Mays deal did NOT get us completely OUT says it all to me she never really wanted it to be. she could have to me come back with a deal that honoured the referendum result and if the M.P.s did not back it then that says everything about the SCUM that purport to represent the electoral decision, that was given to the public. simple as, far as i'm concerned. imho.
The whole shower are to blame the vote said we leave, instead of adhering to that excuses were made by all parties to try their best for us to remain.
Honesty & democracy were pushed aside, which just about sums up why we need to leave, our politicians no longer have the will to do other than obey the E.U. without consequence for the U.K. people.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2019, 13:46   #2792
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, you are right in that those snakes in Brussels ran rings round her....but even if that had not happened....even if she had come back with something half decent...she was going to struggle to get it through because there are so many in the Palace of Westminster who have vested interests in the EU....in the form of subsidies and allowances.

The result of the referendum was a seismic shock...it was totally totally unexpected.

The one thing that has come out of this is (maybe) it will teach the parties that they need to listen to the electorate....that they need to represent their views.

I am hoping that those across the channel who have disrespected the people of this country, are Kakkingthemselves right now.
JCJuncker was noted to say that the stupid patriotic Brits hate the EU....but does not recognise that he is part of the reason why.

British Steel woul be in a much better situation if we had left without an agreement at the end of March....what has helped bring this company to its knees is the 'green' tax of 160 miliom quid....and a fine of 600 million quid if they failed to pay it.

I hope that whoever takes over the baton is ready for a battle....and has a steel will.
Let's hope that we can now get out....right out.
I agree twas one hell of a shock what the public voted at least to these greedy pigs, But agree also oer Juncker not seeing that HIM and people like him are the reason in the main people voted Leave, but doubt very much if they will be crapping it, they are well aware how many scumbag snakes want Remain in parliament.
Old 24-05-2019, 15:47   #2793
Senior Member+

May was too interested in appeasing the remain voters, maybe trying to please everyone, she could not allow herself to be the one to go against the referendum vote, but maybe should of adhered to Abraham Lincoln (You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time)
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 16:48   #2794
Beacon of light

I don't think she was trying to appease remainers...I think she was trying to appease (and appeal) to everyone....and it cannot be done.
She wanted to strike some sort of compromise....but the gulf was too wide between the remain and the leavers.

As I said it was DC who cocked this up...except it goes back far further than that.
The time we SHOULD have been given a say was before John Major signed the treaty of Maastricht.
That was when we were not so tied into the political side of this corrupt organisation.

While it was a trading partnership it was acceptable(just)....but once it morphed into a political organisation....that is when it all went south.

MP's have become used to taking the rules dished out by Brussels...they have been 'coasting' and paid very well for it.
They have really forgotten how to govern.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 19:48   #2795
God Member

Spot on, Margaret.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 20:54   #2796
Beacon of light

Thank you...I am not such a daft old bird then.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:26   #2797
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have just heard that voting in leave areas was much lower than voting in remain areas. that to me says it all," how STUPID some people can be",
Old 27-05-2019, 08:34   #2798
Beacon of light

I haven't seen the turnout figures Cashy, but it matters not....the vote sent the resounding message that the electorate are angry.
Only in London did the Brexit party fail to get seats....and even there they voted for the Lib-Dems.....because in London they want to stay in the EU...and the Lib -Dems promised to thwart Brexit....just showing that they are neither Liberal, nor democratic so should done under the trade description act.

If we do not get out by October 31st, then this shows how the country would vote.
The main parties would be toast..
Old 27-05-2019, 08:43   #2799
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Those in London that voted Lib Dem just cos of remain policy are complete SCUM imho
Old 27-05-2019, 09:32   #2800
Beacon of light

Yes, they do not accept the democratic decision of the rest of the electorate.

I do not understand why, after three years of insults and nastiness by those who were negotiating the Leave agreement, they still want to be part of this corrupt club.

Why would you want to have your laws dictated to you by those who do not live here, have no idea of how we hang, it is being taken over by a foreign power that you cannot remove.
Now, forgive me, but did we not fight two world wars so that we did not take orders from foreign powers?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:08   #2801
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Those in London that voted Lib Dem just cos of remain policy are complete SCUM imho
no cashy it just shows how things are so different down there. its another world to the one we live in and it gets more and more different as the years go by. if i lived in london i,d vote remain also.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 10:19   #2802
Beacon of light

Why would you do that Monkey Hanger?
Yes it IS a different world down there....so many incomers.....there are many privileged, but also many disadvantaged too.
what does the EU do for those down there that would make them so insistent on flouting hard won democracy?

If I heard a bunch of politicians bad mouthing my country, my culture and my way of life I would want no part of their organisation...because it shows a lack of manners,integrity, decency and respect...and why would you want to be part of an organisation that did not respect you...but just wanted the money you were contributing?

I just do not 'get' it.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:44   #2803
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1228597]Why would you do that Monkey Hanger?
Yes it IS a different world down there....so many incomers.....there are many privileged, but also many disadvantaged too.
what does the EU do for those down there that would make them so insistent on flouting hard won democracy?

something must be working for them down there where the EU are concerned. might be wrong but at the referendum wasn,t the great majority of em vote for remain. since we joined the common market then the EU i doubt the average person down there has suffered the lack of investments as the north of england has and maybe they think its down to the EU. what does get me are the scots who seem to be more pro EU than anyone but is it used as a back door independance for supporters of that.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 10:58   #2804
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
no cashy it just shows how things are so different down there. its another world to the one we live in and it gets more and more different as the years go by. if i lived in london i,d vote remain also.
Theres nothing at all wrong with voting remain, but sorry if they cannot accept a democratic vote they are SCUM as far as i'm concerned.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-05-2019, 11:11   #2805
Beacon of light

In 1975 when we were last asked to vote on the EEC(as it was then) I voted NOT to join...because I reckoned it was going to morph into the beast it has become...when I mentioned this to my dad...he laughed his socks off and said I was daft(or words to that effect).
I accepted that my vote was in the minority amd have spent all this time waiting to be asked again.
We SHOULD have been asked before that poor PM John Major signed our sovereignty away at Maastricht...but we were not.

Like Cashy I have no qualms about those who voted to remain(but think they are a bit deluded...and certainly over the last three years I have not felt overjoyed by their insultsdid they learn at the knees of their EU masters?)...by them trying to tell me I am too dim to understand what is at stake...I know what is at stake if we do NOT leave.

I voted with my heart(because I am a patriot)...but also with my brain because I have not lost my power of thought, analysis or reasoning. I read a lot, I searched out information that would help me to decide.
It was not about racism, it was about taking charge of our own destiny...not accepting rules handed down by people who had no interest is seeing our country succeed.
I reasoned that when Michel Barnier and JCJuncker rubbed their hands and grinned...that this deal was not in our favour.
It does not take a genius to work that out

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-05-2019 at 11:13.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..