Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2019, 11:37   #2806
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Unlike margaret i voted join back in the mists of time, but cannot recall people bitching about the result? this time it is full of people bitching, its only Democratic when it suits them, "fact", thats exactly why i say they are nowt but SCUM.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-05-2019, 11:47   #2807
Beacon of light

Back then Cashy it was about trade....that was(in my opinion) the worm to bait the hook.
Every treaty since then has been to take us further into the organisation....and from what I have read, it was a clear intention from the start to create a superstate of Europe.
Back then I did not have the ability to search and gen myself up....I really did not know what questions I needed to ask...but as you get more mature, your life experience equips you in a better way.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 12:45   #2808
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1228602] poor PM John Major signed our sovereignty away at Maastricht...but we were not.

By poor PM do you mean:-
a/ A man that was stuck with a bad job and deserves sympathy for having to do it.
b/ A man without much brass.

Or

c/ One heck of a useless pillock that should never have got the job of PM in the first place.

The poor sod was only one shade of grey and even then he'd picked wrong tint of the most bland colour to reflect his personality,
The only person worse in decision making at that time was Edwina Curry of all the people in all the world to have an affair with was that guy.
Whatever did they do in bed for excitement? Risk putting a raw egg into their Horlicks just to see who would have to run to the bog first?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 13:00   #2809
Beacon of light

Less...I would say option C.
He was about as much good as a knitted condom.
As for the rest of your post....I have just snorted some very hot tea down my nose.
It was a mistake to take a gulp then read your post.
Old 27-05-2019, 14:27   #2810
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Seems quite a few of E.U. countries are far from happy with the E.U, Greece, Austria, Italy, Finland fer starters.
Old 27-05-2019, 14:32   #2811
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems quite a few of E.U. countries are far from happy with the E.U, Greece, Austria, Italy, Finland fer starters.
Would have been easier listing those that are happy, Germany (or as I call their attitude to the market 4th Reich) & France ( though it's a contradiction in terms to say France is happy with ANYTHING).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 14:36   #2812
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Forgot to add france to me list, Macron aint flavour of the month either .
Old 27-05-2019, 15:00   #2813
Beacon of light

I haven't seen the results from other countries.
Old 27-05-2019, 15:26   #2814
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I haven't seen the results from other countries.
we aint seen em all from Great Britain either the northern irish aint in yet.
Old 27-05-2019, 19:33   #2815
God Member

Quote:
...Only in London did the Brexit party fail to get seats....and even there they voted for the Lib-Dems.....because in London they want to stay in the EU...and the Lib -Dems promised to thwart Brexit....just showing that they are neither Liberal, nor democratic so should done under the trade description act...
Margaret, the latter half of your post above is accurate, but the first part isn’t. The Brexit Party won 2 of the 8 MEP seats for London.

And as a perfect example of just how non-liberal and undemocratic are many LibDems, one of their women candidates (American sounding) elected in London said on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation this morning that she didn’t accept the Brexit Party members as legitimately elected.
Not surprised, given that her entire party are Democracy-deniers and refuse to accept the majority vote in a 72% turn out (about twice the turn out of these Eurine elections).

I think Farage got it right, despite the BBC’s worst efforts to misrepresent the facts, that, in terms of the overall vote, the split appears very much like it was in the 2016 referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cr...elections-2019
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 20:09   #2816
Beacon of light

I am very happy to stand corrected.(it pleases me that not all of those in the capital swallow the pap fed to them)
It seems the Blackburn with Darwen bucked the Brexit trend....they voted for the Labour party(I wonder why).
As for the person from the Lib Dems who does not accept the swing to The
Brexit party as legitimate....it is an unfortunate fact of life that if they don't like something they can ignore it....how very democratic that is.

The one thing that would neutralise the Brexit party is for the new PM(whoever it is) to get us out without pandering to the rotten Withdrawal agreement that was negotiated by TM.

The EU have said that regardless of who takes over there will be no more negotiating.
Why wait for Halloween...? Just get us out now.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 27-05-2019, 20:32   #2817
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The sooner the better, but NOT holding my breath.
Old 27-05-2019, 20:49   #2818
Beacon of light

Best not to Cashy...they need those of us with some sense....and most of us are coffin dodgers anyway.
In fact there have been times when I have thought they are waiting for us to die off...then have another vote.
Old 27-05-2019, 21:09   #2819
Beacon of light

In his bid to garner support to become PM, Michael Gove has said he will offer British nationality to the three million EU nationals that were resident in the U.K. At the time of the referendum.

Normally the application for nationality costs £1330.00.
This is our money that he is sqandering....and giving yet another concession to the EU.
What are the EU going to be doing for British ex pats who live in Europe....diddly squat....that's what.
He thinks that this will get support for the Tory party....and heal the nation.
Were this lot dropped on their heads as babies?

Don't they listen and understand the anger felt by the electorate who already feel betrayed?
Old 28-05-2019, 07:58   #2820
God Member

Quote:
In his bid to garner support to become PM, Michael Gove has said he will offer British nationality to the three million EU nationals that were resident in the U.K.
Aye, and when Gove caves in for demands for another referendum, lo, there’s an extra 3 million Remoaners who can now vote.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..