Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2019, 08:53   #2821
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1228604]Back then Cashy it was about trade....that was(in my opinion) the worm to bait the hook.

that seems to have worked also. remember pre common market we had a number of different industries that exported around the world especially to the commonwealth. owned a british car, went to work on a british bus, washed our clothes in a british washing machine and ate the great majority of our food that came from british fields. we ate things that were in season and didn,t starve because they were not. all we became was a dumping ground for imported euro stuff where people got wide eyed because in their opinion it must be good because it said made in germany on it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2019, 09:07   #2822
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Aye, and when Gove caves in for demands for another referendum, lo, there’s an extra 3 million Remoaners who can now vote.
Exactly....it is just as cynical as that war criminal Tony Blairs plan to open the door to all comers the expand his voting base.
It is unfair for those who have already paid for their citizenship....is he going to give them their money back?
So rather than bringing the country together...healing it, he is creating yet another chasm.
Diabolical.
Let's hope that it is noted by those entitled to vote....and that he has shot his bolt by promising this.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 09:41   #2823
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1228636]Exactly....it is just as cynical as that war criminal Tony Blairs plan to open the door to all comers the expand his voting base.
It is unfair for those who have already paid for their citizenship....is he going to give them their money back?
So rather than bringing the country together...healing it, he is creating yet another chasm.
Diabolical.

you just would not believe it if you haven,t seen it. remember though that there are a number who would like us to be EU citizens and not english or british ones.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 09:42   #2824
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats a real worry folk are very gullible in general
Old 28-05-2019, 17:31   #2825
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1228635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Back then Cashy it was about trade....that was(in my opinion) the worm to bait the hook.

that seems to have worked also. remember pre common market we had a number of different industries that exported around the world especially to the commonwealth. owned a british car, went to work on a british bus, washed our clothes in a british washing machine and ate the great majority of our food that came from british fields. we ate things that were in season and didn,t starve because they were not. all we became was a dumping ground for imported euro stuff where people got wide eyed because in their opinion it must be good because it said made in germany on it.
Well, actually, we and the rest of the world and especially the EU have become the dumping ground of Chinese industry, they manage without making treaties with people they don't like and they manage to sell to anyone and everyone.

When we finally leave the rest of Europe to wallow in their own smug self serving attitudes, we may perhaps get the Chinese crap at an even cheaper rate, though if we'll ever be able to pay for it is another question, they make it so fast and cheap than even America can't keep up with the payments.

Of course I blame it all on about 50, 60 years ago when the Chinese sneaked into Liverpool with their chip shops, Oh, no they don't ruffle feathers cause no racial tension but look at the demise of the English chippy they beat the Indians for take aways hands down.

Last edited by Less; 28-05-2019 at 17:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 17:58   #2826
Beacon of light

Yes lots of industries exported jobs and expertise to earn the Queen's award for Exports.
In gaining this they sold out to countries who had lower standards of living...and could therefore beat us into the dust on prices...
It was a big mistake.
China do not have to pay EU green levies to produce steel(British Steel pay through the nose to bring them in line with EU directives on emissions...and if they don't pay then the fines are something like Ł600million )Obviously this makes Chinese steel an attractive product...means the the profit margins are greater for the manufacturers who use Chinese steel to make the cars, the washers and anything else you care to mention that is made from steel.
The EU have also made it illegal for our government to help out the ailing industry...and we Brits are so stiff necked when it comes to abiding by the rules.
That is really one of the reasons why we need to be out.
Had we left by default in March then perhaps some of the money we would be saving (this extension is costing us 1 billion a month for diddly squat)could have gone to help the steel industry.
Old 29-05-2019, 14:08   #2827
Beacon of light

Now those snakes in the EU are telling us that they will extend the article 50 deadline as many times as is necessary to prevent a pro Brexit prime minister taking us out without ratifying the withdrawal agreement.
They do not want to carry the blame for the UK having a hard Brexit.

For goodness sake someone....anyone...get us out....right out.
No single market, no customs union, no free movement, no ECJ.
Old 29-05-2019, 14:18   #2828
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its not that long ago those pigs said they wound not extend again, if people cant see what they are doing their I.Q. wants severely testing.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-05-2019, 14:44   #2829
Beacon of light

The only way out is by ditching the withdrawal agreement....because it is very clear that there will be NO negotiation(no surprise there).... each extension means we are still paying in A billion pound per month....so that is right up their street.

We need to cut ALL ties with the the EU.
We need a PM who can fulfil the democratic obligations to the 17.4 million.
Old 29-05-2019, 15:18   #2830
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The only way out is by ditching the withdrawal agreement....because it is very clear that there will be NO negotiation(no surprise there).... each extension means we are still paying in A billion pound per month....so that is right up their street.

We need to cut ALL ties with the the EU.
We need a PM who can fulfil the democratic obligations to the 17.4 million.
No Margaret, we need a PM that WILL fulfil the democratic result of all that voted that day, it's not just the Brexit vote that is being screwed it is the whole of our nation.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2019, 15:19   #2831
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont look to me like "Any" can Bercow is seeing to that.? the piece of CRAP.
Old 29-05-2019, 16:00   #2832
Beacon of light

He is one Man...supposed to be impartial, but he stands in the way of the democratic vote.
He is a treasonous goblin, full of bile and mischief.
He should be gone.
Old 29-05-2019, 16:05   #2833
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No Margaret, we need a PM that WILL fulfil the democratic result of all that voted that day, it's not just the Brexit vote that is being screwed it is the whole of our nation.
Less, you are right.
I cannot see that person....can you?
And none of those who have so far put themselves forward are to be trusted.(all of them have said one thing and then done another...in respect of Brexit)
All of them are out to feather their own nests. I do not trust them as far as I can spit.
They will say one thing and do another....it was ever thus.
Democracy is dead...killed by self serving MP's.
Old 30-05-2019, 07:08   #2834
Beacon of light

A writer in last weeks Observer criticised Our MP.

GJ has replied in this weeks rag.
I have not yet read it fully....my brain is still porridge until I have had two cups of builders tea.
However the gist of it is he is defending his voting record in Parliament.
I will get my brain into gear, read it and if it is worthy, I will scan and post it.
Old 30-05-2019, 07:50   #2835
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hammond says on news this morning if in October there has been no deal, then if the leader says out, he will vote against it, that demonstrates perfectly to me how much the vote of the people means to these pieces of CRAP.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..