Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree3269Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2016, 14:07   #271
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

The eight or nine millions could be used to benefit people in this country.
You might tell me that it already does, but it also ties us into lots of regulations which are not followed by other counries, but which we slavishly adhere to.

Also there is a lot of(financial) waste in the EU. In this day and age of technology, video conferencing, electronic communications can you tell me why Brussels charters a special train, spends and inordinate amount of money transporting people and filing cabinets to Strasbourg for four days EVERY MONTH. I did see the eye watering cost of this exercise, but it escapes me right now.

There is far too much meddling in the affairs of each member state...and Claude Junker has admitted this.

The only way is OUT.......RIGHT OUT.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2016, 14:22   #272
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I imagine, why shouldn't I imagine? Not having been given actual facts about this 1.5 trillion is owed by people struggling to purchase their own home not to be considered a frivolous or unnecessary amount of borrowing but to be admired because in or out house purchase will always be the largest need for any of us to borrow and without these praiseworthy folk going into debt mortgage companies, estate agents, builders, solicitors, surveyors and many, many more would find themselves unemployed whether we are in or out of the EU.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 16:05   #273
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
And does our Head of State or even the PM advise the Americans or the Canadians on how they should vote in any election? It is very easy to skew public opinion quotes on the media - they only report the views of interviewees that suit the purpose of that particular media outlet.
Your post is so like the Remain camp publicity - random figures but no indication of the source. If you wish to publicise financial reasons as to why we should remain then please cover all financial areas and provide source information.
Maybe you haven't been listening to UK media discussions about how awful it would be if Donald Trump got into power. Some Americans might think we were poking our noses into their business.
Eric likes this.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 16:08   #274
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
This 1 and a half trillion pounds?
Was it borrowed before or after we joined the EU?
Does it make it more or less important to leave the EU?
Does it have any relevance at all to do with the in or out debate?
Are you just padding out your posts to make them seem knowledgeable?
Could you be amongst those that think 95% of us shouldn't be allowed to vote in the referendum because we are too thick to comprehend?
I was just chatting.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 16:31   #275
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I was just chatting.
Well chat with facts THIS subject is important for our children's future.

It doesn't need obfuscation of any kind, if you are for staying in make sure you put forward worthwhile points toward staying in.

Don't try to muddy the pool with something irrelevant.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 16:37   #276
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The eight or nine millions could be used to benefit people in this country.
You might tell me that it already does, but it also ties us into lots of regulations which are not followed by other counries, but which we slavishly adhere to.

Also there is a lot of(financial) waste in the EU. In this day and age of technology, video conferencing, electronic communications can you tell me why Brussels charters a special train, spends and inordinate amount of money transporting people and filing cabinets to Strasbourg for four days EVERY MONTH. I did see the eye watering cost of this exercise, but it escapes me right now.

There is far too much meddling in the affairs of each member state...and Claude Junker has admitted this.

The only way is OUT.......RIGHT OUT.
My offspring are all saying the same thing and now that I've heard the latest news this afternoon about the June meeting of Five EU Presidents, I'm not surprised the Dutch want out. As we use £Sterling we're not affected but it will affect the countries that use the Euro currency, because the meeting is about closer political, fiscal union. I'm finding it hard to believe that they would be daft enough to include the "poor cousin" countries such as Spain, Portugal, Greece and the others....
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 16:38   #277
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Maybe you haven't been listening to UK media discussions about how awful it would be if Donald Trump got into power. Some Americans might think we were poking our noses into their business.
Yes, we are poking our nose into American business.....Very smelly it is too.

I think it is fine for Obama to express an opinion, as long as it is recognised that we are able to have our own opinion.....and that it is just as valid as that the he holds(if not more so).
For him to direct us in how we should act is a totally different matter.

As an aside, it is going to be very socially/politically difficult if Donald Trump is elected.....David Cameron has said some pretty damaging things about him in the past, yet he may have to deal with him on the political stage if the electorate give him the governing mandate.
I don't quite know how that will work.
Lucysgirl likes this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:10   #278
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I do not take kindly to veiled threats from a yankee president, nor do i like Cameron saying my friend Barak, when it should be Mr Obama or Mr President, he was only calling him not long ago, but then only the memory lapsers will not recall that.
KiTChener likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:20   #279
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
My offspring are all saying the same thing and now that I've heard the latest news this afternoon about the June meeting of Five EU Presidents, I'm not surprised the Dutch want out. As we use £Sterling we're not affected but it will affect the countries that use the Euro currency, because the meeting is about closer political, fiscal union. I'm finding it hard to believe that they would be daft enough to include the "poor cousin" countries such as Spain, Portugal, Greece and the others....
Poor Cousins? I thought we were all equal under the EU?
How can such a successful venture have poor cousins?
Do me a favour don't answer, my underwear is already saturated from laughing at your roll back comments.
At least if the vote is stay, I know whatever comes next is because of your kind of intelligence.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:29   #280
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
My offspring are all saying the same thing
It seems to me that your offspring have some sense.

As Less says...there should be no poor cousins in the EU...and the fact that there IS such inequality after such a long time is worrying.
None of the member nations wants to give any leeway to other member states...they all want to have the best deal(no shame in that at all).......but there has never been a level playing field whether it be in reference to trade, or finances or politics....so the whole concept does not work for any but the industrialised nations........anyone else stands not a snowflakes chance.

We need to be OUT! Completely OUT.
Less, KiTChener, cashman and 1 others like this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:42   #281
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I do not take kindly to veiled threats from a yankee president, nor do i like Cameron saying my friend Barak, when it should be Mr Obama or Mr President, he was only calling him not long ago, but then only the memory lapsers will not recall that.
Cashy worry thee not, Cameron claiming Barack as a friend?
Barack doesn't like us, he has mentioned this in the past.
That doesn't mean the leader of the coalition can't lick ass.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:48   #282
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well chat with facts THIS subject is important for our children's future.

It doesn't need obfuscation of any kind, if you are for staying in make sure you put forward worthwhile points toward staying in.

Don't try to muddy the pool with something irrelevant.
I want to weigh up all the pros and cons = what's good -v- what's bad. Where are your facts? All I've heard from you is a lot of sneering.
I know the trade unions mostly want to stay in because they confer with the other European unions which gives them a lot of clout. Hence we have maternity leave, the two year rule on contracts/sackings, shorter hours, etc.
On the other hand Scottish fishermen want out so that we can have our seas back again.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 17:50   #283
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Poor Cousins? I thought we were all equal under the EU?
How can such a successful venture have poor cousins?
Do me a favour don't answer, my underwear is already saturated from laughing at your roll back comments.
At least if the vote is stay, I know whatever comes next is because of your kind of intelligence.
I bet you're a bunch of laughs at the bar
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:18   #284
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I bet you're a bunch of laughs at the bar
Getting personal now are we? Could it be you lack imagination to do anything worthwhile for your cause?

I never stand at the bar, those that seek wisdom know where I am at...



...innit!

__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:32   #285
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

But the politicians in Scotland want us to remain...and they have hinted( I don't know if they have come right out and said it) that they will have another referendum to split from England and apply to join the EU, because if we leave(unlikely) then they will be taken out of the EU with us...and they want to stay.

I trawl through lots of information from many different sources to make sense of things...but I can't honestly say i have found anything that makes me consider voting to remain in the EU.
A lot of the information is pure conjecture on what MIGHT happen if we leave....because no-one really knows for sure.
The fact that people from other member states want(although the politicians will not tell you this...they have a vested interest in states staying in) to leave suggests that the lifespan of this experiment is coming to a conclusion.

It is an an undemocratic organisation.
We promote democracy in countries where there has been none, yet we accept the undemocratic rule of this organisation...how hypocritical is that.

It is known that democratic nations rarely fight wars...they choose to buy goods or products rather than take them by force...and yet we want to remain in an undemocratic organisation....an organisation that is looking for ever closer political union( because without political union, there can be no real or lasting fiscal union )....yet we have no say on those who make the rules.

I know I am repeating myself, but we need to be OUT and making our own way in the world.
The EU is like an abusive relationship......it takes your self esteem, it takes your money, it takes your confidence to act on your own behalf...it controls you and gives you nothing of value in return.
Here ends the political Broadcast on Behalf of the LEAVE party.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 21:40.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.44235 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1