Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2019, 13:09   #2851
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Yeah, and presumably the majority of those happy to be in the EU are clearly nostalgic for the days when that Continent was run by Germany.
I thought it was STILL run by Germany.

I feel sure that the terms and conditions of the hated Withdrawal agreement were cobbled together by Frau Merkel and Oily Robbins....and handed to TM to sugar coat and get through Parliament.

Obviously I have no evidence to suggest that IS what happened but just a gut feeling...I trust my gut.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2019, 13:18   #2852
Beacon of light

And one of the leadership hopefuls...Michael Gove(or traitor Gove as I call him....stab you in the back Gove) says that if he gets into the driving seat he will delay leaving until late 2020 to try and get the Withdrawal agreement ratified.....it is for certain that The EU is not prepared to give a nanometre on this.

So he would try to gain support for a deal that was rotten when it was delivered and will be no less rotten at the end of 2020.

Maybe he is relying on the level of apathy allowing this agreement to be accepted.

Maybe he is thinking on having another vote.....one that will solve everything....take away the poisoned chalice that he himself wants to drink from....it won't.

It will dissolve any support that the political parties(all of them) currently have.
Old 02-06-2019, 13:22   #2853
Beacon of light

On second thoughts....maybe he has realised that the leaders job is crap and that the way NOT to get it is to say something as ludicrous as this.
We can only hope so....then he can get back to learning how to stack a dishwasher.
Less likes this.
Old 02-06-2019, 14:22   #2854
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For my money Gove would be worse than May, and thats saying summat.
Old 02-06-2019, 14:46   #2855
Beacon of light

Oh yes, just an update on Sajid Javid....the other day he was saying 'no more extensions, no referendum, no general election....no revoking article 50....and no deal would not be ruled out'.
Today he is saying that he would not rule out extending article 50....meaning that we do not leave by default on Halloween.
But then, that's a politicians promise to the electorate.....it is nothing....it means nothing, so that lets him out too.
Maybe he has early onset memory failure...or maybe he is just another scoundrel like all the others.
Old 02-06-2019, 14:48   #2856
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For my money Gove would be worse than May, and thats saying summat.
I agree entirely. He is a snake, a traitor, a back stabber....someone so untrustworthy that he should be barred from the contest.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-06-2019, 15:52   #2857
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I agree entirely. He is a snake, a traitor, a back stabber....someone so untrustworthy that he should be barred from the contest.
Nope, he should be allowed to stand, maybe then everyone will come to their senses and vote for someone worthwhile?

Oh dear that raises a few questions, such as will we be offered somone worthwhile worth voting for?

Is there anyone at all that could be put forward that is honest, trustworthy and willing to sacrifice their politically whoring career for the good of the people?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 16:32   #2858
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nope, he should be allowed to stand, maybe then everyone will come to their senses and vote for someone worthwhile?

Oh dear that raises a few questions, such as will we be offered somone worthwhile worth voting for?

Is there anyone at all that could be put forward that is honest, trustworthy and willing to sacrifice their politically whoring career for the good of the people?

We are not going to be the ones voting though are we Less.
The Conservative party gets first dibs on that...they choose two possibles and then those who are rank and file Conservative party members will get a vote in who they think is best equipped.

If I am Honest(and I always try to be regardless of what others might think of my opinions) they are ALL a complete shower of Fisons.
All of them lack guts, none of them have a backbone that is made of anything more solid than blancmange...and there is not one that would cause the knocking of knees in Brussels.

There need to be a front bench that is ALL committed to Brexit...none of those flip floppers(because they could change their minds at the drop of a hat...and doubtless wil).
They all need to be people who have abhored the TM WAB...and who have not voted for it at any of the previous steps.

So can you think of any who fit the criteria...because I can't.
Old 04-06-2019, 14:57   #2859

Should I apologize for President Trump calling Khan a "Stone Cold Loser"?
Or should I point out that he is correct more often than not when it comes to identifying particularly slimy members of the political persuasion.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 15:04   #2860
Beacon of light

No apologies needed.
Sadiq Khan is a small man with a small mentality.
Whatever he thinks of Donald Trump, he was duly elected by the American people and as such should be offered the respect of that office.
He may not like the man, or what he stands for, but this is an official state visit of a US President...he should swallow his personal feelings and respect the visit.
That he cannot do this shows just what kind of childish mentality he has.

As for Jeremy Corbin, leading a protest against Donald Trump....this man is a solid gold hypocrite....he accepts anti semites in his party, cosies himself up to all breeds of terrorists quite happily.
He should remove the plank from his own eye before he attempts to take a speck out of the eye of someone else.
Old 04-06-2019, 15:27   #2861
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No apologies needed.
Sadiq Khan is a small man with a small mentality.
Whatever he thinks of Donald Trump, he was duly elected by the American people and as such should be offered the respect of that office.
He may not like the man, or what he stands for, but this is an official state visit of a US President...he should swallow his personal feelings and respect the visit.
That he cannot do this shows just what kind of childish mentality he has.

As for Jeremy Corbin, leading a protest against Donald Trump....this man is a solid gold hypocrite....he accepts anti semites in his party, cosies himself up to all breeds of terrorists quite happily.
He should remove the plank from his own eye before he attempts to take a speck out of the eye of someone else.
True but when you speak to Corbynites they say do some research hes nothing of the sort, they completely ignore photos of the slimebag having meetings with Hamas @ the Sein Finn back in the days when he did. which perfectly demonstrates how Biased and STUPID they are.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 04-06-2019, 16:27   #2862
Beacon of light

There are none so blind as those who don't WANT to see.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:47   #2863
God Member

If the me-jah can be believed (don’t start ) ‘Magic Granpa’ Corbyn refused to attend the state dinner at Buckingham Palace to honour the current President of the US. But then he invited said President to meet with him which, understandably, Trump turned down.
So, can we conclude that Corbyn is happy to meet Trump but cannot bring himself to eat with the Queen?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:53   #2864
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If the me-jah can be believed (don’t start ) ‘Magic Granpa’ Corbyn refused to attend the state dinner at Buckingham Palace to honour the current President of the US. But then he invited said President to meet with him which, understandably, Trump turned down.
So, can we conclude that Corbyn is happy to meet Trump but cannot bring himself to eat with the Queen?
Corbyn would be quite happy to do away with Royalty, thats no secret. thats unless Abbott was to be queen of coarse.
Old 05-06-2019, 13:00   #2865
Beacon of light

It seems to me looking at recent happenings...not just in this country, there is a distinct lack of diplomacy and dignity in political circles and dealings.
The appalling behaviour of protesters who drenched a Trump supporter in milkshake is a wider symptom of the intolerance that has leached down through society.

I might not agree with your point of view, but I would defend your right to express it.

I believe that many of these divisions are media induced and encouraged.
I am sick of those who spend their time virtue signalling....whether it be about Brexit, climate change or political values.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..