Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree3381Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2016, 18:37   #286
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I want to weigh up all the pros and cons = what's good -v- what's bad. Where are your facts? All I've heard from you is a lot of sneering.
I know the trade unions mostly want to stay in because they confer with the other European unions which gives them a lot of clout. Hence we have maternity leave, the two year rule on contracts/sackings, shorter hours, etc.
On the other hand Scottish fishermen want out so that we can have our seas back again.
What facts do you require?
I have a whole interweb of facts, some pro, some saying no, IF I put a fact forward, (which isn't often) it's because I've made sure it's a fact, You put forward wandering prose with a hint of knowing where you are coming from, (usually we are all tired by the time we get through it).

Now you have been shown as what you are, so you attack, hoping that brains will be baffled.

I have no objection to you wanting to stay in, I do however find your wishing to divert us from real facts, tedious.

I want a good life for us all, unlike you, I can't see how it can be within the EU.

However I wouldn't stoop to this level.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I bet you're a bunch of laughs at the bar
Barrie Yates likes this.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2016, 18:43   #287
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Getting personal now are we? Could it be you lack imagination to do anything worthwhile for your cause?

I never stand at the bar, those that seek wisdom know where I am at...



...innit!

You're doing your usual "put down". I wasn't the first to throw a barb - you're the one who made the jibe about intelligence.

I asked for a debate about the points Cameron made which I copied and pasted. I don't have to look hard to find all the things I don't like about the EU but I'm NOT the type who wants to cut off my nose to spite my face. That's why I'm trying to consider ALL angles and not just the ones I know about such as free movement which was one of the points in the copy & paste list.

BTW wandering off the EU - does anyone know if the 1947 Act that Atlee's Labour government introduced in 1947 has been annulled? It's the one that states all Commonwealth citizens are now considered UK citizens and have a right to come and live and work in the UK.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:52   #288
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

If you believe some of the stuff that is postulated that MIGHT happen if we leave.....the you might feel like you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't feel like that. I feel like we are taking back the steering wheel from a drunken driver who is taking us where we don't want to be.
I don't think I am alone in this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:56   #289
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I can't answer whether the law passed in 1947 has ever been rescinded, but I am sure that there might be someone who does. However, even if it hasn't. It did not have the same effect that the free movement of people from the ever growing EU has(and will continue to have).
Tell me, how long will it be before China is encouraged to join the EU?
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:57   #290
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
You're doing your usual "put down". I wasn't the first to throw a barb - you're the one who made the jibe about intelligence.

I asked for a debate about the points Cameron made which I copied and pasted. I don't have to look hard to find all the things I don't like about the EU but I'm NOT the type who wants to cut off my nose to spite my face. That's why I'm trying to consider ALL angles and not just the ones I know about such as free movement which was one of the points in the copy & paste list.

BTW wandering off the EU - does anyone know if the 1947 Act that Atlee's Labour government introduced in 1947 has been annulled? It's the one that states all Commonwealth citizens are now considered UK citizens and have a right to come and live and work in the UK.
Oh no please, this is NOT the usual put down, this is you trying your best to keep your argument going.

Look through your posts you haven't asked for anything, you just put forward your idea of a view again and again and again, then when that doesn't work you introduce 1.5 Billion or some other obscure none relevant fact.

Any-time you wish for a proper argument put forward something worthwhile, there are on site far more people and most of them can run rings around you with facts.

Myself? I'm tired and fed up with you, only because, you tried to get personal, a sure sign you know nowt'.

Oh and try to keep it short and to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
BTW wandering off the EU - does anyone know if the 1947 Act that Atlee's Labour government introduced in 1947 has been annulled? It's the one that states all Commonwealth citizens are now considered UK citizens and have a right to come and live and work in the UK.
Yep you did it again.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.

Last edited by Less; 22-04-2016 at 19:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:17   #291
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
BTW wandering off the EU - does anyone know if the 1947 Act that Atlee's Labour government introduced in 1947 has been annulled? It's the one that states all Commonwealth citizens are now considered UK citizens and have a right to come and live and work in the UK.
To use your thing, BTW, no actually I have a keyboard no need for txt messages,


By the way,

What has that got to do with the price of EU fish?

Just another of your random, useless, diversionary, bits of what?
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:27   #292
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can't answer whether the law passed in 1947 has ever been rescinded, but I am sure that there might be someone who does. However, even if it hasn't. It did not have the same effect that the free movement of people from the ever growing EU has(and will continue to have).
Tell me, how long will it be before China is encouraged to join the EU?
1) I came across a graph last week which compared the two groups of immigrants - made for depressing reading.

2) As long as it took Israel and Australia to take part in the Eurovision contest? lol
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:30   #293
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I cannot see how Turkey can be considered to be European.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:30   #294
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
To use your thing, BTW, no actually I have a keyboard no need for txt messages,


By the way,

What has that got to do with the price of EU fish?

Just another of your random, useless, diversionary, bits of what?
Aye, but I have an excuse for meandering about with my thoughts - I'm a woman. Men are supposed to be the ones with simple minds.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:33   #295
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I cannot see how Turkey can be considered to be European.
It's what's known as a "long stretch of imagination".

I think we have cause for concern especially since the new President took power.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:33   #296
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
BTW wandering off the EU - does anyone know if the 1947 Act that Atlee's Labour government introduced in 1947 has been annulled? It's the one that states all Commonwealth citizens are now considered UK citizens and have a right to come and live and work in the UK.
Don't think it was ever repealed, just chopped, changed & modernised to suit under various guises by consecutive governments.

As to the unions, not all of them advise staying in:-


Militant Trade Union Breaks With TUC Leadership, Urging Members To Back Brexit
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:38   #297
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
1) I came across a graph last week which compared the two groups of immigrants - made for depressing reading.


Which two groups of immigrants? Where's the graph? What has this got to do with the EU?

Are you still trying to change the subject?, just to put a point across, the 1947 agreement was us upholding our end in an agreement that folk fighting and many dying, plus families in the second world war would be granted a British passport. Or am I wrong?

I don't mind being wrong, still want to know what this has to do with the yes/no vote?
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:40   #298
Registered User
 

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh no please, this is NOT the usual put down, this is you trying your best to keep your argument going.

Look through your posts you haven't asked for anything, you just put forward your idea of a view again and again and again,
Question: If we leave the EU how much extra documentation will exporters/importers incur and what would be the extra costs?
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:45   #299
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

No one really knows the answer to your question.....they can only guesstimate.....and that is part of the difficulty. Those who want to remain will magnify every possible difficulty to enhance their viewpoint.....they will not tell you that they don't honestly know.

Leaving will create a lot of work for the politicians......work that they would be much happier not to have to be involved with. They want to take the line of least resistance.
Whatever happened to the 'can do' attitude?
I will tell you, it was removed by the EU.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 19:48   #300
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Aye, but I have an excuse for meandering about with my thoughts - I'm a woman. Men are supposed to be the ones with simple minds.
Pathetic. utterly Pathetic.

Sex war? What has that got to do with the EU unless...

...You have run out of truth.

So far,

You tried to insult me.

Didn't work.

Now in desperation you try to insult my sex, why? I'm only one member of that gender and didn't call your gender, a sign of personal weakness on your behalf?

I think perhaps you should come back tomorrow when you can sort through the 'I should have said this', instead of digging a deeper hole.

please come back tomos just say something worthwhile.
__________________
“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 16:07.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.33561 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1