Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2019, 13:12   #3046
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Cheer up... remember, none of this will matter when the Earth's biosphere implodes in a humanity ending rupture of pent up heat.
slong as that starts were you are fair enough.
Old 04-09-2019, 13:20   #3047
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Cheer up... remember, none of this will matter when the Earth's biosphere implodes in a humanity ending rupture of pent up heat.
I have to applaud your capability of talking out of your arse even when using a keyboard.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 13:25   #3048
God Member

Despair not, and don’t believe how the Brussels Broadcasting Corp and other metro media have decided to tell this story.
The desire to get out of the EUSSR will not go away. It will stay an issue in U.K. politics for some time yet.
Only if leave voters are cowed and conned by the media masters into submission will the self-serving liars and slime balls in Westminster get away with it. A tactical voting deal with the Brexit Party would be one way for Johnson to react.

However, as this piece (below) rather convoluted argues, it is not quite so certain that this latest act of treachery will get Royal Assent.

My reading of the argument is that any proposed Act which would ‘affect’ the prerogative powers of the PM requires “Queen’s Consent” from the Government. By wording their Act to “force” Boris to do something, this is clearly affecting his prerogative power. So, at the Third Reading, the Government (i.e. currently Bojo) would have to consent to the Bill. Obviously, normally Acts are the Government’s own or are private members bills that it agrees with so Queen’s Consent is not an issue. But in this case why would it give consent to something it disagrees with?

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/propo...ueens-consent/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 13:40   #3049
Beacon of light

Ursula Van der Leyen has been heard to say that an extension until the 31st of January would not be granted....she would expect an extension of at least another year.
This means that during that time we would be tied to the EU paying in more than a billion pounds per month, and having no say in influencing the rules.
Also come 2020, the full force of the Lisbon treaty comes into effect.

We need to be out....right out....no one leg in and one leg out.....not the May WA.......if we cannot negotiate a different deal.....and I am sure that will not be possible.....seeing as the EU never meant to negotiate at any price....Then it falls to the default position of a disorderly exit.....and it will be the fault of the EU and the traitors in our own House of Commons.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 15:16   #3050
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Despair not, and don’t believe how the Brussels Broadcasting Corp and other metro media have decided to tell this story.
The desire to get out of the EUSSR will not go away. It will stay an issue in U.K. politics for some time yet.
Only if leave voters are cowed and conned by the media masters into submission will the self-serving liars and slime balls in Westminster get away with it. A tactical voting deal with the Brexit Party would be one way for Johnson to react.

However, as this piece (below) rather convoluted argues, it is not quite so certain that this latest act of treachery will get Royal Assent.

My reading of the argument is that any proposed Act which would ‘affect’ the prerogative powers of the PM requires “Queen’s Consent” from the Government. By wording their Act to “force” Boris to do something, this is clearly affecting his prerogative power. So, at the Third Reading, the Government (i.e. currently Bojo) would have to consent to the Bill. Obviously, normally Acts are the Government’s own or are private members bills that it agrees with so Queen’s Consent is not an issue. But in this case why would it give consent to something it disagrees with?

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/propo...ueens-consent/
I have now taken time to read through the whole of this article....and it was not easy reading....it exercised all of my grey cells.....let us hope that Her Majesty refuses her consent for this action.
It might be wise of Boris to join forces with Nigel Farage as everyone I have spoken to in the last day or so has said if a GE happens, they will vote for the Brexit party.
I am pretty sure that the Brexit party will not gain enough seats to govern, but they could boost the Conservative party enough to give them a majority.
cashman likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 16:29   #3051
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I doubt very much if B.J. will get enough votes for an election unless he gives in to the TRAITOR CORBYN.
Old 04-09-2019, 17:20   #3052
Beacon of light

The remainers have won the vote to delay yet again.....329 votes to delay 300 to forge ahead.

These supposedly educated people cannot see that there is NODeal which will be acceptable.
Even if Boris came back with the best deal in the world, it would get thrown out because they....the politicians do not want to leave the EU.

But the EU are definitely not going to negotiate because they know that our own politicians on both sides of the house are conniving to thwart every effort.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 18:18   #3053
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

All M.P.s who disregard what was voted for should be deselected whatever party they are from, that is the only logical chance of people regaining faith.in my view, they have no regard for the referendum result at all. it matters little as to what your constituency voted the majority voted LEAVE. by not doing so they are basically saying people are STUPID, anyone who cannot see that is rightfully called STUPID in my opinion.
Old 04-09-2019, 18:21   #3054
Beacon of light

What should really happen is that deselection means a by election as the poarty that was voted for is no longer represented in the constituency that voted for it.

There is a lot of gloating going on by remainers..they are saying that brexit is finished.

As I have said before...we need to remember those who got us into this sorry mess...(and it is not the electorate...we voted in good faith) and not award them our votes in the future.

I do not easily forget.......and I will find it very hard to forgive. When I say 'I'm Done' then I really am DONE.
A pox on them
Old 04-09-2019, 19:20   #3055
Beacon of light

Apparently, the brexiteer Lords have tabled some 86 amendments to the bill to stop the No deal from being passed.
Tonight they have gone into the Lords with sleeping bags and shaving kits and toothbrushes....it looks like they plan to filibuster the bill.
(Not that this really solves very much)
Old 05-09-2019, 09:17   #3056
Beacon of light

And in last nights vote regarding the calling of a GE.....our representative voted against the government....thereby safeguarding his employment for a bit longer.
cashman likes this.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:43   #3057
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And in last nights vote regarding the calling of a GE.....our representative voted against the government....thereby safeguarding his employment for a bit longer.
its funny to me how Graham is now supporting Corbyn, after making very plain what his view of him is. that seems VERY Hypocritical to me. may well be a safety first thing?
Old 05-09-2019, 10:49   #3058
Beacon of light

Cashy, funny it aint..it is diabolical.
Traitors all of them.
I hope the EU boot us out...except they want to milk us for as much cash as possible...so they won't do that.
Old 05-09-2019, 16:15   #3059
God Member

Interesting take on the Whitehall farce currently playing at the Palace of Poltroons.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/econo...EWtrA9sXGNoOw/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 17:52   #3060
Beacon of light

Oh bu88er!
I had been trying to find out how the attempt at filibustering was going...now I know.
(Bloody traitorous crew)

I don't know what to make of that, but I hope it is the Queens consent option.

I am rapidly losing the will to live

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..