Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 12:34   #3076
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Yes, undoubtedly, but the biggest culprits are the Brexit saboteurs.....the likes of Ken Clarke, John Major, David Gaulke, Keir Starmer, Philip Hammond, Amber Rudd...in fact they know who they are...and so do we.
Come a General Election, I hope the voters remember them for their treachery.

All that said, many of them are rich beyond the dreams of the man in the street so it will inconvenience them very little.
Amber Rudd for instance, has gone off to work with her brother, millionaire Roland Rudd...an arch remainer and the man who has poured funds into an organisation to reverse Brexit.

I have read that when the bill to stop No Deal being an option, that Boris will ignore it and when taken to court will mount his own action against the law(it was not passed by a recognised body of government).
It seem that this will be around the 19th of October...and the legal wranglings will be so very complex that it is hoped(I have everythig crossed...including my eyes, when I say this) that there will not be time for it to be fully dealt with before we leave the EU.

This slender thread is what I am hanging my hopes on right now.

Shortly after that there might be the call for an Election...which you would hope that Boris would win.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2019, 15:33   #3077
God Member

Johnson should propose another referendum with two options: Treason May’s Withdrawal Agreement or Clean Brexit.
These duplicitous MPs and their media muppets who are pretending they just want to stop a so-called “no deal” are liars. They want to overturn the 2016 Referendum vote by connivance.
We all know, if the Brussels Broadcasting Corruption is to believed , the EU will offer no other deal than May’s WA. And these same MPs voted that down 3 times. So exactly what kind of different ‘deal’ do they think they are trying to compel Johnson to agree?
Call such a referendum and let’s see how many of the Democracy Deniers suddenly bleat that they don’t want that kind of referendum, just their kind of referendum.
It’s pathetic but at least we now know without any doubt that Westminster and it’s parasitic media despise the British public.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 16:12   #3078
Beacon of light

So, we have another referendum.....and it falls in favour of a 'Clean Brexit'...by lets say a 1% majority.

Do you really think it will make one iota of difference?
even if the majority was only ONE vote...it is still a majority...but I feel that it would not be acceptable.

As you say the members of parliament were given numerous options for a deal(all of them were crap), so had they really wanted a deal they could have opted for one of those, but(as you rightly observe) A deal is NOT what they want,,,they want to revoke article 50 and are doing everything in their power to try to make that happen.
It is fine and dandy for the remainers to use underhand tactic/dirty tricks, but there are howls of derision when those who want to leave use such tactics.

Exactly what will another three month extension achieve?..other than kicking the problem down the road and giving more time for skulduggery.
Boris should have prorogued parlaiment from the 3rd of September until the 31st of October.

They cannot keep on doing the same things and expecting a different outcome...because that is the definition of stupidity

Bring on a general election(I never thought I would say that) let ANY political party doorstep me...and they had better have some good answers at the ready because I will be asking some very thorny questions.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 08-09-2019, 17:31   #3079
God Member

There was an article recently I read about how the EUSSR were attempting to bully Switzerland into compliance with various demands.
Apparently, unlike UK politicians, the Swiss government is not so lily-livered as I read this today:
The EU's attempt to bully the Swiss by removing the previous right for EU citizens to trade shares in Swiss companies on the Swiss stock exchange has not worked. The Swiss retaliated by restricting trading in major Swiss companies like Nestle and Novartis to Switzerland's own stock exchange. Thus far, this has worked well with business booming on the Swiss exchange but down on EU exchanges including London. This a small matter compared to the wider concerns of London finance but is a good example of a small country standing up to the EU.

S’funny, but I can’t see the Brussels Broadcasting Corruption reporting that.
Old 08-09-2019, 20:17   #3080
Beacon of light

I also read that...think it might have been in Briefings for Brexit.

As for the BBC, they are as partisan as the inpartial(NOT) speaker of the house.

It seems that his days might be numbered too.
Normally, there is no opposition put up at election time to the constituency of the speaker, but this is said to be changed in time for the next election....oh what a shame, never mind.
I am very sure that someone like Guy Verhofstad would like a right hand man like John Betcow, at his side.....so he might find employment over the channel.
Old 08-09-2019, 20:38   #3081
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I also read that...think it might have been in Briefings for Brexit.
yes, that’s where I read it.

I am very sure that someone like Guy Verhofstad would like a right hand man like John Betcow, at his side.....so he might find employment over the channel.
He won’t have to go abroad. Bercow will get a job with the Brussels Broadcasting Corp for certain.
Old 08-09-2019, 20:53   #3082
Beacon of light

i have been trying to find the piece I read where it explains the legal situation with regard to stopping NODeal Brexit

I will keep looking and Post it when I find it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-09-2019 at 20:56.
Old 08-09-2019, 21:07   #3083
Beacon of light

I am pretty sure that I also read that this law that was hurried through to take NODeal off the table does not need the Queens assent. Like other laws.....but actually needs the Queens CONSENT.
And if that were true she would ask for the advice from her Prime Minister....he would simply tell her to deny consent.....and the law would fail.

If this is not used, then I think that the PM can ignore the law as it was not made by a recognised government body....of course that would provoke an injunction.....followed by the PM taking the legal issue to the High Court.

My understanding is that while this was going on, the clock is ticking down to the exit date.

Because this would be complicated (legally) it would not be dealt with before the 31st of October.

The other thing I am holding onto(not with much hope) is that Guy Verhofstad and Macron have both said that any request for an extension might be vetoed.....with the emphasis on the word ' might '
Old 08-09-2019, 21:10   #3084
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
He won’t have to go abroad. Bercow will get a job with the Brussels Broadcasting Corp for certain.
Why on earth would anyone want such a poisonous gnome on their staff.
It is said of him ' he can make bother in an empty room'.

If we do manage to get out, then maybe the BBC will have to change its standpoint.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:33   #3085
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Why on earth would anyone want such a poisonous gnome on their staff.
well the E.U. is full of em, so why not?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:40   #3086
Beacon of light

Parliament is full of them too.
Time that the swamp was drained.....and pruned.....there is no way that we need 650 MP's for a population of what? 66 million.
And over the last 47 years they have done NO real governing.....that is why they are horrified at the thought of leaving the EU....it will mean that they have to do some work.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:07   #3087
God Member

Quote:
i have been trying to find the piece I read where it explains the legal situation with regard to stopping NODeal Brexit

I will keep looking and Post it when I find it.
Look at my post on here No.3048 for the link.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:00   #3088
Beacon of light

Yes, that is it...but I also read a comment on a news site from a person with legal knowledge and it was explained more simply.....but I have gone back over several days of my history and cannot find it.....which is sad because it made the situation a lot clearer(well, to me, anyway....maybe I am thick....they tell me it is a characteristic of Brexit supporters).
Old 09-09-2019, 14:50   #3089
Beacon of light

John Bercow is standing down either at the next Election or by the 31st of Octoner...whichever comes first
Did he fall or was he pushed.

Too little, too late.
The traitor has done his damage he can now retire back to the hobs of hell.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 14:56   #3090
Beacon of light

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-boris-johnson

there you go.

He is not contesting an election because it would be a contest....and in the normal course of events the Speaker of the house in unopposed by any other candidate.
I think he must be one of the most hated men in the country
nicola68 likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 09-09-2019 at 14:58.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..