Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2019, 11:46   #3106
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

No, you can't because A) he is NOT getting one.
And B) if he was there would be one helluva queue!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2019, 11:50   #3107
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Rudd & Bercow would sit well by joining the Libs, a party that want’s a second referendum only to reject the result if it’s not the result they wanted, I really don’t see how anyone who believes in a democracy could vote for them
The Lib-Dems (what a misnomer that is) deserve them.
It is a haven for traitors and hand wringing bleeding hearts.
They will fit right in.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:10   #3108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The Lib-Dems (what a misnomer that is) deserve them.
It is a haven for traitors and hand wringing bleeding hearts.
They will fit right in.
one party i have never had any time for. they are in a great position where they can criticise everyone else and promise the earth knowing they,ll never be in a position to deliver anything.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12   #3109
Beacon of light

Absolutely spot on...they are the party you vote for when you really want to abstain.....for me I would rather spoil my paper.
They are as much use as a knitted condom.....similarly the Green Party.

If the PM gets us out by the 31st of October, then come an election I would vote(and I can't believe I am even thinking this) would be for the conservatives....because they have followed(albeit torturously) the democratic vote.

No way on Gods Green earth will I vote Labour while the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell are in charge, and Momentum needs to be disbanded too....it falls into the same box as the English National League.

MP Ian Austin got it right.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:21   #3110
Beacon of light

For those of you who have not seen this speech....here it is.
Wouldn't it be great to have a representative of this calibre for Hyndburn...instead we have a limp excuse for a zero.
nicola68, cashman, MoreJoe and 1 others like this.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:49   #3111
Senior Member+

Most of labour’s seats were won in north of England, this also happens to be the area where the majority of voters supported the leave option, so just who does Corban think he is representing, makes one wonder who the remainers would vote for in an election Corben who would support anyone other than those who elected them, Lib’s who would not honour any referendum, maybe the greens will get some extra votes then
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11   #3112
Beacon of light

Despite the Brexit party having no manifesto(or not one I am aware of) I think they might mop up those who feel utterly betrayed by the Labour Party.
I have also heard other people who would never dream of voting Tory, say that they would vote that way if we were to get a clean break from the EU.

Politics has become a dirty, and broken business and there are a lot of very angry people out in what were the Labour heartlands.....and our MP's just don't get it because they are caught up in the London 'bubble'.....they are out of touch with their voters.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:48   #3113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i will certainly NEVER vote Labour whilst these false hopes represent us. FACT,
Old 12-09-2019, 08:07   #3114
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1231685]Despite the Brexit party having no manifesto(or not one I am aware of) I think they might mop up those who feel utterly betrayed by the Labour Party.
I have also heard other people who would never dream of voting Tory, say that they would vote that way if we were to get a clean break from the EU.

the next general election will be really interesting as it will really be an election on one issue only. the problem is that in this country there is more than one issue to contend with and other important issues are getting sidelined due to the european issue. think most will ask the door knockers if they want in or out, but knowing politicians they,ll not give you a straight answer to this or anything else for that matter.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:01   #3115
Beacon of light

The last three years has been all about a single issue....and yes of course other issues have been sidelined to the detriment of the country.

So all this fuss about the suspension of Parliament is, to be blunt, bullshine.
They are losing something like five days of sittings.
What makes them think that any discussion in these five days will be more productive than the last three years?
It is all about giving Boris a kicking....all because he promised he would not ask for another useless extension..an extension that would sort nothing, solve nothing.

It is not about Brexit, it is about getting a PM who is willing to kick some butt.
A politician who in the first few days made more effective decisions than had happened in the last three years....alas, the action that these traitors want is NOT to get Brexit done.
It is to revoke article 50 and stay in the undemocratic EU.

Staying in means that these highly paid elected representatives do not need to do much thinking....do not need to worry their heads about governing the country, passing legislation....all that is going to be effected from Brussels.

As I have said in a previous post....I double dog dare them to doorknock me.

I am angry as hell at the way we have been duped by our own representative and politics in general.

Read my blog please.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...s-country.html.
Feel free to post this or a link on any social media that you use...it needs a wider audience.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:59   #3116
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;.

I am angry as hell at the way we have been duped by our own representative and politics in general.

you, me and millions of others. we have had election promises that mean sod all in the end , but this is on a far greater scale.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:28   #3117

Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most thoughtful erudite columnists in the United States. He is a student of history with deep knowledge of WW I and WW II as well as the drivers behind most of history's global conflicts. Today he wrote this piece about Britain and Europe.

I thought you might enjoy it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ly-integrated/

Sincerely,
MoreJoe
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:48   #3118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That was well reading in my view More Joe ta.
Old 12-09-2019, 13:13   #3119
Beacon of light

Thank you for that link Morejoe.
It is interesting how those outside of the UK see the current situation.
I have never felt European....I do not want to be European....to have my nationality subjugated by a foreign country/countries.
We fought two major conflicts so that we could maintain our unique identity.
We saved the bacon of France and Belgium, but yet they feel it is Ok to insult us and our culture.

Leaving the EU is on a par with fighting a war....except a large number of the warriors are within our own political parties.

Over the last three years I have read numerous comments from remainers denying that the vote to leave was the will of a majority of the people.
They try to say that the figures indicate it is only the will of something like 36% of the population.

So here are the researched facts for them to chew over.
The population of the UK in June 2016 was in the region of 65.6 million.
Of these around 19 million were NOT ELIGIBLE to vote.
13 million chose not to exercise their right to vote.
16.1 million voted to remain in the EU.
17.4 million voted to leave(and there was nothing about leaving with a deal....or without one for that matter)
There were 25.000 spoiled or blank papers in the count.
The turnout for this referenda was 77.6%....the highest recorded turnout ever.

Now those whe were ineligible to vote were probably underage, not UK citizens or people in prison....they can be discounted.
Those who chose not to vote or to spoil their ballot paper have no right to complain as they removed themselves freely.

So as far as I can see, the leave vote had a clear majority.
These people who voted to leave, but have yet to see action on the democratic process are as mad as hell.

The democratic process it seems, is only democratic if the ruling elite say it is.
If the result goes their way, then it can be called democracy....otherwise they can employ any manner of means to overturn the will of the people.

Parliament was outraged to be suspended....placards were held high saying 'silenced'.
Being silenced is one thing.
Being betrayed is another thing entirely
Old 12-09-2019, 13:55   #3120
Beacon of light

Oh, I should have said...the statitics are based on information from the Office of National Statistics.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..