Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2019, 17:26   #3121
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I know...I know...I am boring...I am like a dog with a bone(a Jack russell in a previous existence)...I cannot put it down.

Operation Yellow hammer.
What an almighty fuss being created by the media...blowing it all out of proportion.
Telling us there are going to be food shortages, that there will be price rises for petrol, for energy, for the staples of daily life.
They are definite about these things.....because they like to catastrophise. To make mountains out of mole hills....to turn possibilities into definites.
Why do they do this.
It is a calculated ploy to scare the bejasus out of folks. Another round of project fear.

They have calmoured for the release of this document purely so that they can do this and they imply that the Government were hiding it...hiding the possibilities of what MIGHT happen.....read that word again...it says MIGHT...not will.
No-one really knows how the situation will pan out.
But supposing, just supposing we left the EU tomorrow(yes please) in a disorderly fashion.
How would people feel if the government had not looked at the possibilities of what could happen.

This is just government doing a risk assessment, so that they can plan for eventualities(and even then there may be some that catch us by surprise).
It is a bit like the planning that went into the Millenium Bug.
Do you remember that?
Where we were told of all kinds of scary scenarios.
Did any of those happen?
Was your life in anyway inconvenienced?

Well this is the same kind of planning exercise.....though I am sure that there will be some umps in the road....the money that will not be going into the EU every month could be used as a buffer agianst many of them.
1 billion quid a month is not to be sneezed at.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2019, 17:43   #3122

I also looked at Yellowhammer... hummm, sounds like a party!

I am coming over for a short visit in November (when the pound craps out). Would you like me to bring a cup of sugar?
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 17:50   #3123
Beacon of light

Why would I want you to bring me anything Burningman?

You know just as well as I do that Yellow Hammer is not meant to sound like a party

(you are sneering again and it is not an endearing trait...perhaps postpone or maybe cancel your visit until you are satisfied that you will not starve to death. Come/don't come the choice is yours).

Yellow Hammer is a 'Worst Case Scenario planning exercise. something that Governments do in times of uncertainty.
Not that you actually care because in the long run it doe not affect you
nicola68 likes this.
Old 12-09-2019, 20:35   #3124
Beacon of light

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...-to-democracy/

Never was a truer word written.
Old 13-09-2019, 06:54   #3125
Beacon of light

A question here for Burning man.
You tell us you are coming here sometime in November...or as you put it, when the pound 'craps out'.
Let me ask you, before you travel do you take out insurance?
Insurance that will cover you if you cannot travel, or if your hotel burns down, or if your car hire falls through, or if you get sick....or in this case, if you are unlucky enough to starve to death??

Yes, of course you do.
Why might that be then?
Is it because you have taken into consideration what MIGHT go wrong during your visit?
Then what you have done is consider 'the worst case scenario'.....which is what Yellow Hammer is.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 13-09-2019, 08:12   #3126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
A question here for Burning man.
You tell us you are coming here sometime in November...or as you put it, when the pound 'craps out'.
Let me ask you, before you travel do you take out insurance?
Insurance that will cover you if you cannot travel, or if your hotel burns down, or if your car hire falls through, or if you get sick....or in this case, if you are unlucky enough to starve to death??

Yes, of course you do.
Why might that be then?
Is it because you have taken into consideration what MIGHT go wrong during your visit?
Then what you have done is consider 'the worst case scenario'.....which is what Yellow Hammer is.
whats really pathetic about remoaners is yellowhammer was done under Mays crappy deal,it was published i think about 2 weeks into B.J.s premiership. but PATHETIC gets refuse tomention that which dont suprise me at all PATHETIC is just that.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 13-09-2019, 08:37   #3127
Beacon of light

Cashy, had the government sat back and made no contingency plans, then they would be criticised for that too.
Burningman really does not understand the power of feeling regarding having your democratic vote dismissed by people who are supposed to represent your interests.

I wonder how he would feel to have his laws made for him in Venezuela....to have the farmers of America told what they can grow, what they can sell.
Wonder how he would feel if he could not vote out an administration that he felt was detrimental to his daily life...he doesn't 'get' it because he is several thousand miles removed from the issues.
Even if he experiences them second hand, through relatives, they do not impact on his life.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-09-2019, 08:49   #3128
God Member

alternative views to the metropolitan media’s hysteria:

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_freight_expert

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_b...brexit_britain
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:09   #3129
God Member

what gets me is that people in and out of politics thought it was a good idea to allow ex empire countries to have their independence but do not want their own country to have theirs.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:16   #3130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
doubt i,ll starve to death if i cannot get hold of an aubergine, garlic clove or european wine. i,ll be off to pick an hord more blackberries after dinner with british grown potatoes, british grown veg and british meat.
nicola68 likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:47   #3131
Senior Member+

Juncker on tv this morning trying to insult us brits, calling us part-time Europeans, That’s about the first time I can agree with him, we are part-time Europeans but far from being an insult, I take it as a complement
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 10:14   #3132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Junker has only to look in the mirror to see a real insult.
Old 13-09-2019, 18:02   #3133

So... no sugar then? Geez, only asking.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 18:16   #3134
Beacon of light

No sugar....it is poison.
But thanks for asking.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 14-09-2019, 08:10   #3135
Beacon of light

This morning the media are giving David Cameron a platform....some are implying that it is his form of revenge.
What a load of tommyrot.
Let's not forget who got us where we are today.
DC promised a referendum, won an election on that basis.
Spent a lot of time and money trying to persuade us that leaving would not be the right thing....instigated project fear.
Of course he would do all of that because he was an arch remainer...so when the result came in he was shocked...not a happy chappy.

What he did next was the despicable act of a coward...a man with no backbone.
He took his ball and went home.

Leaving the bomb damage to be dealt with by someone else.

Now three and a bit years after the event....and with us no nearer getting out, he wants to come and hurl insults at those who are trying to get Brexit sorted.

My message to him is...'.bu88er off you shameless coward...there is nothing you can say that we need to hear.
You are, like Tony Blair, a 'yesterday man' there is nothing you can say that will bring back integrity or respect'.
The history books will portray you forever as a weak ineffectual, cowardly PM.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-09-2019 at 08:13.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..