Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 11:45   #3151
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Read this today on Briefings for Brexit:
Here's a funny thing. The Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association says that there is no need to stockpile medication in Ireland. They advise that existing stocks are adequate and there is no danger of shortages despite the fact that over two-thirds of supplies come from or through the UK.
Odd then that some NHS doctors say the opposite about the UK. In truth their predictions of NHS shortages are conditional on an assumption of congestion at ports, something about which they have no first-hand knowledge
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2019, 23:06   #3152

I've not been about much for a while what with one thing or another but the so called Liberal Democrats are making my blood boil..... GRRR !!!

This is the party that -

(1 Covered up the paedophile behaviour of it's leading light Cyril Smith for decades meaning he never faced justice

(2 Has declared it will do all in it's power to stop the will of a democratic vote

(3 half of who's ranks consist of turncoat MP's elected to represent other parties (How the hell can Berger represent Liverpool Wavertree when only a fraction of the electorate wanted a lib-Dem MP - stand down and force a by-election and see what happens)

In my mind they are the most despicable of any party in Britain and the media luvvies from the media are sickening in their support for this abominable shower.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 07:52   #3153
God Member

totally spot on sir. in fact anyone who changes parties for any reason should be forced into having a by election as a matter of course. mind you the lib dumbs will be against that as well as they,d lose a few more mp,s.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:32   #3154
Beacon of light

Absolutely spot on Jimmy.
The MP's who have defected to this party are like husbands who cheat...if they have done it once then there is a chance that they might do it again.

Any MP who defects to a party that his/her constituents did not vote for(that's all of them) should trigger a by election this then allows their voters to determine whether they support the defection.

This woman provokes in me the same allergic response as that woman from Scotland..... Nicola Sturgeon. They are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

Jo Swinson n campaigned for a Referendum....but here she is saying she will revoke article 50 if they get into power....or if they prove to be 'king-makers' come a split GE result.

They voted to allow article 50 to be implemented....so they too, are turncoats.

She has done pretty much what Jeremy Corbyn has done-become an opportunistic politician.
Meaning she will change her stance whenever the need arises just so that she can get into power.....that is dishonest politics....it is not Democratic....and she obviously does not understand the dictionary definition of Liberal(a willingness to accept views which are different to your own).

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-09-2019 at 08:34.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:39   #3155
Beacon of light

They have as much chance of her becoming PM as I have of being made Pope.
But they might pick up enough votes to be the party that has some pull on the strings....a bit like the milk and water Nick Clegg wit David Cameron.

And on the note of this reptile of a chap....did you know that if you buy his book Waterstones will give you a bag of very sour green grapes?
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-09-2019, 08:40   #3156
Beacon of light

Monkey hanger, as you can see....great minds think alike!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:09   #3157
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1231976

This woman provokes in me the same allergic response as that woman from Scotland..... Nicola Sturgeon. They are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

women in general want more of their same sex go into politics. think these two have put their cause back years after you listen to them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:28   #3158
Beacon of light

If I were younger...I might consider it.....going into politics that is.
Not sure who for.....because I do not have an alliance to any of the parties....and I think I am too open and honest to be accepted.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:51   #3159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Jo Swinson is a DICTATOR simple as.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:51   #3160
Beacon of light

Cashy she has reached her level of uselessness.
A politician that ignores the will of the people deserves to be pitched into the rough...not elected.
Come the GE there are going to be a lot of those who have defected, without a seat in the house.
I cannot believe the electors will forgive these traitors...I know that I won't
Old 18-09-2019, 12:00   #3161
Senior Member+

This is our friends in Europe, in the invent of no-deal Guy Verhofstadt has put together a plan to ostracize the UK from any future trade deals, that is unless the UK completely capitulates and pays the £39 B and implements the back-stop and keeps paying our dues the plan was voted through by 544 to 126, how can anyone would want to stay in this corrupt institution is beyond me, sooner we leave the better
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:08   #3162
God Member

Read this today on Briefings for Brexit:

And be in no doubt, attachment to any part of the EU’s defence integration scheme subordinates the country, by EU law, to the whole of the EU’s global strategy. Unless, post-Brexit, we could explicitly annul these measures, then in simple terms, our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines; our ships and aircraft; our land forces and our intelligence architecture could all be directed and controlled – put in harm’s way indeed – by a body which could not be brought to account for its actions. The EU Commission is not elected, British voters cannot change it at the polling booth, and yet the May government has been prepared to hand over the first duty of any government – the defence of its people, territory and vital interests – to them. It has sought to make us in effect a voiceless, rule-taking colony of Brussels. If you doubt this, read first the Withdrawal Agreement’s Clauses 81, 92, 95, 101-103, 104-6; and secondly the Technical Note on External Relations of 24 May 2018. Where, may I ask you, is democracy in these moves? Where is our place in NATO? Where is our sovereignty as a nation?

Much, much more detail here.
https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-d...dden-eu-deals/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:47   #3163
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
This is our friends in Europe, in the invent of no-deal Guy Verhofstadt has put together a plan to ostracize the UK from any future trade deals, that is unless the UK completely capitulates and pays the £39 B and implements the back-stop and keeps paying our dues the plan was voted through by 544 to 126, how can anyone would want to stay in this corrupt institution is beyond me, sooner we leave the better
I know that you use 'friends' in a sarcastic way....but the EU bureaucrats have never been our friends.
Friends do not insult or denigrate each other....they do not set traps to make senior politicians from a member state look stupid or to humiliate them like the antics of Xavier Bettel recently.

Right from the very start of the 'negotiations' the bureaucrats have been less than diplomatic....not friends, not allies, but bad neighbours...bordering on enemies.
Old 18-09-2019, 13:55   #3164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy she has reached her level of uselessness.
A politician that ignores the will of the people deserves to be pitched into the rough...not elected.
Come the GE there are going to be a lot of those who have defected, without a seat in the house.
I cannot believe the electors will forgive these traitors...I know that I won't
to me a dictator is a leader who ignores the will of the people hitler did that, and got away with it, the will of the people was Leave, so that makes her a DICTATOR.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 18-09-2019, 14:07   #3165
Beacon of light

so are all the remainers who have done all in their power to disrupt the process of leaving the EU.
John Major.....giving evidence in the Supreme court is the biggest traitor...and a hypocrite to boot.
He suspended Parlaiment to to deflect the 'Cash for Questions' Issue....and he suspended it for 19 days...not the five that Boris has suspended it for....then Majors ineffectual government was taken down and Tony Blair elected.
So this former PM thinks it is a good idea to throw Boris under the bus...to leave the doors open for a Jeremy Corbyn caretaker government.
If that happens then we really will see the pound slide...and a no deal Brexit would look like a cakewalk.
John Major is showboating.....he has absolutely nothing in his political life that he can be proud of
nicola68 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..