Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2019, 14:17   #3196
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Just switched Parliament channel on just shows what the gob****es have achieved, nothing it was half empty. they make me puke. i had no intention of watching the crap at alli just suspected that would be the case.
Old 25-09-2019, 14:44   #3197
Beacon of light

Yes, spot on Cashy.

What I want to know is how can the PM have broken a law that did not exist until made by the Supreme Court?
And since when did the Supreme Court make laws?
I thought that was the domain of government.
And what court can the 17.4 million disenfranchised voters apply to for the appalling way that they have been betrayed?
What court will take to task the traitor of a speaker, who says that he will encourage even more 'procedural creativity'.....meaning dirty tricks.
Dirty Tricks are OK for the remainers, but not acceptable when practiced by those who wish to leave.

No equality there then...and no surprises either.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 15:09   #3198
Beacon of light

Clause 9 of the 1869 bill of rights(which is still on the statute books) says 'Proceedings in Parliament ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or any place outside of Parliament'

This was so that the law could not influence the work of Parliament and to prevent interference from judges.

This means that the Supreme Court has exceeded that remit for political reasons.....and this in itself is not lawful.
cashman likes this.
Old 25-09-2019, 17:53   #3199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Clause 9 of the 1869 bill of rights(which is still on the statute books) says 'Proceedings in Parliament ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or any place outside of Parliament'

This was so that the law could not influence the work of Parliament and to prevent interference from judges.

This means that the Supreme Court has exceeded that remit for political reasons.....and this in itself is not lawful.
That bill on statute books PROVES what i say about the Supreme court Judges they are CORRUPT. and for me they should be sacked.
Old 25-09-2019, 18:04   #3200
Beacon of light

They are all remainers.
They said it was NOT about Brexit(it was about giving the remainers more help in delaying, or better still, stopping it)..that it was about the sovereignty of Parliament.

Well, if we do not get out of the EU....the sovereignty of Parliament will matter not one jot.
Parliament will be redundant.... MP's will be of no consequence as laws will be delivered from Brussels....with no redress.

Justices meddling in politics is a very dodgy business.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-09-2019, 18:22   #3201
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I doubt very much if they care? they are probably ALL involved in someway drawing money from the E.U.
Old 25-09-2019, 19:28   #3202
Beacon of light

Yes....they are all Lords and Ladies, so probably have their properties and interests in France....as you say they have no real allegiance to folk like us....because they do not live our lives.
Something that we cannot do anything about because their desires have trounced our votes.
Old 26-09-2019, 09:28   #3203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes....they are all Lords and Ladies, so probably have their properties and interests in France....as you say they have no real allegiance to folk like us....because they do not live our lives.
Something that we cannot do anything about because their desires have trounced our votes.
its nothing new though. if you do not live in places like accrington, keighley or hartlepool i doubt they know and thats if they actually want to know what our every day life is. we do not live in gated communities or miss marple type villages that are removed from real life. when all laws are passed i have ofter wondered what planet these people live on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 09:32   #3204
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1232174]Just switched Parliament channel on just shows what the gob****es have achieved, nothing it was half empty.:

that would make it quite full then. i,ve seen more people sat on park benches in a thunderstorm than at some sittings i,ve seen. they always have one excuse or another to give on non attendance. wish i could have had as many excuses for not going to work as i,d have been a happier man.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 12:06   #3205
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

My honest opinion of the Labour Party, for what its worth, Blair destroyed the working class completely, Corbyn for me has made it "Irreparable"
Old 26-09-2019, 12:52   #3206
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
you mean like those of us who have always wanted out are shown and spoke about in the media. wait till the bbc do a programme on brexit in some town around the country. the remainer they find will be smart, young and talks the talk where the brexit person they find will be the total opposite.

About par for the course mate.
Old 26-09-2019, 13:21   #3207
Beacon of light

It would not matter one jot if Boris(or anyone else in the current goverment) went to Brussels and got a gold plated withdrawal agreement.....Parliament would not accept it.

They do not want the withdrawal agreement in any shape or form...they just want to delay and delay until article 50 is revoked

It has ceased to be about what is best for the country.
...It is the stuff of Schoolyards, the games played by 8 year olds(and goodness knows they do that better too), trying to score petty points.
The current situation is about Personalities NOT politics
Our useless politicians have lost the ability to be able to govern...and this is what you get after 47 years of NOT governing, but being governed by Brussels(by stealth).

shower of fisons...the lot of them
For Goodness Sake GET US OUT...RIGHT OUT....this has gone on far too long

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-09-2019 at 13:28.
Old 26-09-2019, 13:33   #3208
Beacon of light

Off Topic...I KNOW...
Did anyone see our esteemed representative speaking in the House of Commons last night?
Not anything about the current Brexit issues...or for that matter anything to do with our region, but about Guided missiles in the YEMEN.
This man is not earning any respect from the electorate and he certainly is not earning his corn.

Sorry for that. I just had to get it off my chest.
nicola68 and Gremlin like this.
Old 26-09-2019, 18:44   #3209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

our M.P. will not talk brexit cos i reckon hes realized the damage hes done long ago to his constituents, But i would not trust him to come over too what the people voted for. NEVER.
Old 26-09-2019, 19:23   #3210
Beacon of light

If that man told me it was dark outside....I would need to check for myself.

He is as despicable as they come because he has NOT represented what his electorate voted for.....he thinks he knows far better than we do what is good for us.

Yes he P'd on his chips in regard to Brexit very early in the game.
That is not to say that he did not have a chance to redeem himself.
Lord only knows it has taken us long enough to get to where we are(nowhere, in the great scheme of things)....but still he thinks that he is doing nothing wrong by us.

I despise the man.
In the event of a GE, his minions had better not darken my door.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..