Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2019, 19:25   #3211
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Also they are slagging B.J. for trying to get what the public voted for, saying he is using bad words and stuff, They obviously forget they were calling the leavers, FACISTS, RACISTS, TOO THICK to know what we were voting for, how convenient they never recall saying all this stuff and more. then the barstewards wonder why people are angry.
Old 26-09-2019, 19:28   #3212
God Member

It’s often said (unjustly) that Americans have no sense of irony but something I heard today suggests we’ve had an irony bypass.
That poisonous toad Bercow suggested that the atmosphere in the Palace of Poltroons yesterday was “toxic”, and no one laughed!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 19:35   #3213
Beacon of light

There is a lot of 'Boris Bashing' going on in the media right now, but this mess is really not of his making.
It is the likes of the people like Hilary Benn, Gina Miller, the Cherry woman, John Major, John Bercow who have created this paralysed Parliament.....and even now there are moves afoot to tie The PM's hands....to make him go to Brussels and 'beg' is how they put it....for a further extension until next year.

We have, since the end of March, paid 1.1 billion pounds per month into the EU coffers for the privilege of being neither in nor out, and having little influence during that time.
By the end of January(which is when they want the extension to run until) we will be poorer to the tune of something in the region of 10 billion pounds.
This is our money.
Think of all the good that money could have done in this country.

The PM has been in office for only a short time and everything is being done, not just to stop him being effective in getting us out, but in demonising and demolishing him as a person...Even his sister has put her six pennorth in too.
nicola68 and cashman like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 19:40   #3214
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It’s often said (unjustly) that Americans have no sense of irony but something I heard today suggests we’ve had an irony bypass.
That poisonous toad Bercow suggested that the atmosphere in the Palace of Poltroons yesterday was “toxic”, and no one laughed!
Calling Bercow a poisonous toad is unkind to poisonous toads....they cannot help being poisonous toads....unlike Bercow who works on being as loathsome as possible....and he is doing it for notoriety.
Old 26-09-2019, 19:49   #3215
Beacon of light

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/a-country-under-attack/

Worth a read.
Old 26-09-2019, 19:52   #3216
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
if that is correct i think BLAIR has played a big part of this, in fact i would put money on it.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:00   #3217

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-uncertainty/

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds. The simple answer to their problems is to apply for citizenship in the country they are living in. They want to have two sets of rights and votes - none of them should have been allowed to vote in the referendum. They have buggered off and said knickers to Britain yet still want to have a say in how the country is controlled and run.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 20:02   #3218
Beacon of light

I am sure it is correct....and like you I feel that Blair is implicated.....but many others are too.
These traitors who are trying to sell the U.K.by the pound are enemies of the state....fifth columnists.

We are being denied the opportunity to have our say in matters, a GE......because those in the HoC know that there is a thirst for revenge of our betrayal.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:06   #3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Also they are slagging B.J. for trying to get what the public voted for, saying he is using bad words and stuff, They obviously forget they were calling the leavers, FACISTS, RACISTS, TOO THICK to know what we were voting for, how convenient they never recall saying all this stuff and more. then the barstewards wonder why people are angry.
Precisely - the arrogance of "those who know better" knows no bounds. Isn't dictating your views in opposition to those that people actually want.. er fascism ?
Old 26-09-2019, 20:08   #3220
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-uncertainty/

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds. The simple answer to their problems is to apply for citizenship in the country they are living in. They want to have two sets of rights and votes - none of them should have been allowed to vote in the referendum. They have buggered off and said knickers to Britain yet still want to have a say in how the country is controlled and run.
Absolutely spot on.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:10   #3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am sure it is correct....and like you I feel that Blair is implicated.....but many others are too.
These traitors who are trying to sell the U.K.by the pound are enemies of the state....fifth columnists.

We are being denied the opportunity to have our say in matters, a GE......because those in the HoC know that there is a thirst for revenge of our betrayal.
But who is there to vote for in an election ? -
- Johnson who'll sell us to Trump
- The Lib Dems who'll sell us to Brussels
- or Corbyn who hasn't decided who to sell us to yet.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:25   #3222
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
But who is there to vote for in an election ? -
- Johnson who'll sell us to Trump
- The Lib Dems who'll sell us to Brussels
- or Corbyn who hasn't decided who to sell us to yet.
i think perhaps your beginning to believe the media mate? i do not believe for one min B.J. will sell us to Trump and i have NEVER voted tory in my life.in fact i have always despised them. but to get us out if it is possible i certainly will vote for them.
Old 26-09-2019, 20:41   #3223
Beacon of light

I am with Cashy on this.
The media would have you believe all sorts of things.
Just another strand of project fear.
The easiest way to conquer the population is to make them afraid and divide them...ridicule them too....these are all tools of control.

As for who to vote for.....it would (at this point ) have to be someone who would not dilute the value of my vote in respect of Brexit.....and right now it would have to be whoever stood as a Tory.
Voting for the Brexit party, might just might let someone else in.....someone who has plans to flush UK PLC down the gurgles.
Unless of course Boris formed an alliance with the Brexit party....and I don't think that will be happening.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 26-09-2019, 23:35   #3224

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think perhaps your beginning to believe the media mate? i do not believe for one min B.J. will sell us to Trump and i have NEVER voted tory in my life.in fact i have always despised them. but to get us out if it is possible i certainly will vote for them.
Probably right in him being the lesser of the evils and to ensure we get out of that damn EU. It just seems that we have such a poor selection of politicians at such a critical time.
Anyhow should follow 'proper procedure' - achieve the key objective first and the rest can be sorted out later.
Old 27-09-2019, 07:00   #3225
Beacon of light

The situation might be improved by kicking out some of these useless, ego-maniacal, self serving MP's.....I include our own representative and the ludicrously biased Speaker in that observation.
Except to do that we NEED to be allowed to vote.
The MP's know the anger that the electorate are nursing and of course, they do not want to lose their cushy number with a gold plated pension, do they?
But come a GE....they will feel the wrath of the electorate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..