Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2019, 07:16   #3226
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Also they are slagging B.J. for trying to get what the public voted for, saying he is using bad words and stuff, They obviously forget they were calling the leavers, FACISTS, RACISTS, TOO THICK to know what we were voting for, how convenient they never recall saying all this stuff and more. then the barstewards wonder why people are angry.
The irony of the situation is those that are crying 'racist, and fascist' is that that label should be attached to them....for their devious underhand way they have delayed things....when what they really want is to revoke article 50.....so dishonest fits the bill there.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2019, 07:26   #3227
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-uncertainty/

This is another whinging group that annoys me. This selfish shower want the best of both worlds.

Not all are whiners Fella & not everyone living abroad had a say on the UK leaving or the UK parliament(teflon Tony saw to that). I & many other ex-service lads living in Germany settled here after our service for personal reasons (married local lasses).

I know for a fact that lots of us want the UK to get out without any ties & are more than prepared to face the consequences despite any personal hardship that may present because we think it is what is right for the UK.
Old 27-09-2019, 08:21   #3228
God Member

think when people resort to calling those with different views racists and fascists it always shows in some way they are loosing an arguement. wonder if some actually know what a racist or fascist actually is.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 08:26   #3229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think when people resort to calling those with different views racists and fascists it always shows in some way they are loosing an arguement. wonder if some actually know what a racist or fascist actually is.
Dunno but if they look in the mirror it will explain it.
Old 27-09-2019, 08:48   #3230

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not all are whiners Fella & not everyone living abroad had a say on the UK leaving or the UK parliament(teflon Tony saw to that). I & many other ex-service lads living in Germany settled here after our service for personal reasons (married local lasses).

I know for a fact that lots of us want the UK to get out without any ties & are more than prepared to face the consequences despite any personal hardship that may present because we think it is what is right for the UK.
It's very refreshing to hear - a lot of those settled in Spain seem to belong to our new 'entitled classes' though. They want to retain their access to UK services (especially the NHS) without having to contribute to them. While last out there on holiday a couple were planning a trip back over so they could sort out her hip operation. Means they skip paying local health insurance. While I can't really blame them for saving money I don't see why those of us stuck here should be paying for it. Their saving becomes our additional cost.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 08:54   #3231
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i dont think thats as bad as you think jimmy,c, when i lived in Spain my late wife became ill and was dealt with over there, the amazing thing was its much better than our N.H.S. which i would never have believed if i hadn't witnessed myself, so i knew quite a few who lived yon and never came back here for treatment, in fact a friend of mine now is in hospital yon.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:19   #3232
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Also i forgot to say, if you work in spain legit, then you pay an equivalent to N.H.S. but it is dearer, so why would you return for treatment to the U.K.? also i think people who have worked in U.K. and retired there are perfectly entitled to return for treatment, after all they have paid N.H.S for many years, so why would those people have to pay for treatment their?
Old 27-09-2019, 09:51   #3233
Beacon of light

There is a huge climate of uncertainty and distrust.

Sometimes people get 'sucked in' to demonstrations like this without really thinking.
It feels like demonstrating is 'doing something'....rather than just sitting back.
Though in my opinion, demonstrations rarely make any impact on what bureaucrats have already decided.

Like petitions, it hardly ever affects the outcome.

This climate of uncertainty has been magnified by the ineptitude and stubbornness of politicians both sides of the channel.
They are just NOT interested in the people, they are only interested in a petty point scoring exercise......and maybe having their name in the history books.
Egotists and megalomaniacs care nothing for the damage that their actions cause.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:25   #3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Also i forgot to say, if you work in spain legit, then you pay an equivalent to N.H.S. but it is dearer, so why would you return for treatment to the U.K.? also i think people who have worked in U.K. and retired there are perfectly entitled to return for treatment, after all they have paid N.H.S for many years, so why would those people have to pay for treatment their?
I'm probably guilty of taking one known example and applying it to everyone - which I shouldn't do. Most are probably decent folk and I'm doing them a disservice in pointing out the one or two bad eggs.
Anyhow, I'm still dubious about Johnson but as you point out he is the only one who has declared he will carry out what we voted for. I just find it difficult to have any faith in any of them though - I just don't see any of our current politicians coming across as being genuine.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 10:36   #3235
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They are not but B,J, is the only one trying to get us out,the other Leaders are even worse imho Thats the main trouble with the media they paint a picture they think will sell papers nothing else.

Last edited by cashman; 27-09-2019 at 10:38.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 11:11   #3236
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy...Initially I felt unsure of Boris Johnson.
He seemed to be a bit of a loose cannot, but so far he has been proactive in trying everything to deliver on his promises.

Yes, he has employed some risky strategy, but you cannot keep on doing the same things and expecting different results...that is the definition of stupidity.

I would support whatever actions are necessary to get us out..but it HAS GOT to be OUT...no ties, no strings and definitely no meddling from Brussels.
If he doesn't manage to deliver I will not blame him...I will blame the people who have put every obstacle in his way.

They have complained that he has used subterfuge, but they have done far worse and been supported by the hateful Speaker and the dishonest Judiciary....it is the establishment versus the people.
nicola68 and cashman like this.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:37   #3237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats it in a nutshell Margaret, Establishment do NOT give a jot for ordinary people, B.J. for me has that sussed out, and knows damn well the people are in the Majority, the remainers also know it which is why they will not have an election unless no deal is off the table, they CARE NOTHING about me or you, only about whats best for them
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.
Old 28-09-2019, 01:15   #3238

A friend of mine from Australia was talking to me about John Anderson, a tv broadcaster who conducts in depth conversations with some informed and interesting people. Then he sent me a couple of links as examples and lo and behold I feel like I scored twice. The video link I posted below is about a year old but I found it very informative and spot on.
It also introduced me to a lady I was unfamiliar with but I really enjoyed her knowledge, her wit, and her delivery. Her name is Melanie Phillips and I guess you may already know of her.
Fair warning, the video is almost an hour long but well worth a watch.

Enjoy!
MoreJoe
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 07:48   #3239
Senior Member+

Just why did the remainder’s want to recall parliament, was it just to stir up hate & division in this land, the 2016 referendum was a simple leave or remain, all parties said they would honour the result, and now they are calling for JB to resign because he wants to honour that commitment, the death of joe cox & threats to other MP’s should have been condemned by all members, to try and implicate JB for such disgusting acts is a total ridiculous,, as for the supreme court judges should they not be sitting to judge the behaviour of MPs that promised to honour that 2016 referendum as being unlawful
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 08:09   #3240
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its all part of a bigger "Scare CAMPAIGN" i am pretty certain of that, they think people are daft enough to swallow it, I aint so sure about that remember Cameron@ Osborn etc trying that,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..