Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2019, 12:01   #3256
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Like Exile, I think that this is not to the advantage of the UK.....did you see all those pictures of the smiling members of countries in the EU(Angela Merkel, Macron, Juncker, Barnier et al)?that has to be ringing alarm bells.
It means that they think we have been bamboozled. That they have got one over on us.
It is not Brexit.

I don't think the MP's will vote for this WA.....and I think this is because it is BJ that has achieved it......but I really do hope they vote it down because then we have to leave by default....and Juncker has said emphatically that there will be NO extension(not that I really believe that).

This is not leaving....and we would be in a worse position than we are now.
The only way is a clean break.
No ECJ, no single market, no customs union.
If we are signed up to this withdrawal agreement then the PM has sold us out.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-10-2019 at 12:03.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2019, 12:18   #3257
Beacon of light

My feelings on these proposals....and you all know what a cynical baggage I am, are that these delays and the obstacles to a straightforward exit have been calculated, manipulated to create 'Brexit fatigue' so that the population will accept anything....just because they want the wrangling to end.

The media are portraying this as a good development but they are all remainers.....and this so called deal sees us trapped.....and still paying in and having NO say in how rules, regulations and how laws are formulated.
The Backstop was a red herring.....and while it seems that this has been ditched.....no other parts of The May Withdrawal Agreement has changed.
The EU has given us nothing....the EU will give us nothing....they have no desire to do anything for us.....all they want is our money.
Less and accybeme like this.
Old 18-10-2019, 13:31   #3258
Senior Member+

The full implications of the Boris deal are unclear to me and to many others no doubt, but from what I’ve read we will still not be a free of the EU, in the event of MP’s forcing a second referendum, I can envisage that (leave and no-deal) would be absent from the ballot paper, otherwise the second referendum would be pointless as the vote would result in a small split majority, which wouldn’t solve anything
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 14:06   #3259
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
The full implications of the Boris deal are unclear to me and to many others no doubt, but from what I’ve read we will still not be a free of the EU, in the event of MP’s forcing a second referendum, I can envisage that (leave and no-deal) would be absent from the ballot paper, otherwise the second referendum would be pointless as the vote would result in a small split majority, which wouldn’t solve anything

and that is just the way the political classes want to keep it...the less we know the less we can object to.

As for a second referendum...this is a denial of democracy.....the first one has not been acted upon...despite all the parties saying in their election manifesto that they would honour the will of the people...none of them have.

None of the parties know the meaning of honour or democracy...it is only democratic if it is in line with their wishes...so there is no point in another one.

However, if a second referendum were to happen, then the option to remain should not be in the options....it was already decided that we were leaving.
So it should be Leave with the TM/BJ WA or leave by default.

After Juncker saying that no further extension to article 50 would be allowed, Mrs Merkel has said that if this WA is voted down then there would have to be a delay in Brexit......which all makes this current WA stink more fishy than before.

The EU are scared witless of us leaving by default...they want our money and they want to have control of the strings.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-10-2019 at 14:13.
Old 18-10-2019, 18:43   #3260
Senior Member+

I'm scared there will be another referendum, especially one I heard a remoaner MP discussing on TV recently.

3 choices.

A- leave with no deal.
B- leave with a deal.
C- remain.
Scenario 40% remain. 30% leave with no deal. 30% leave with a deal. That's the cunning plan to split the leavers.
Out means out. for goodness sake please do as you're told Mr and Mrs M.P's..
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-10-2019, 18:53   #3261
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry gremlin theres no chance of traitors reforming.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:53   #3262
Senior Member+

the problem has always been that the majority of MP’s have betrayed their constituencies by voting against their wishes, come the general election there is going to be a huge rebellion against these MP’s, labour seats in the north will take the biggest hit
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 08:26   #3263
God Member

Quote:
the problem has always been that the majority of MP’s have betrayed their constituencies by voting against their wishes, come the general election there is going to be a huge rebellion against these MP’s, labour seats in the north will take the biggest hit
or there might be a few like sarah champion in rotherham who will vote for the wishes of her constituents and not herself. they know they are being watched especially if they read comments on here.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 08:31   #3264
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

The EU are scared witless of us leaving by default...they want our money and they want to have control of the strings.[/QUOTE]

they are scared because if we leave and are succesful by doing it then others might follow quickly. its the only way they can keep all the members under control. would really love to see the pointless organisation crash and burn.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 11:27   #3265
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
....would really love to see the pointless organisation crash and burn.
So just stay fit and healthy, MH, because the EU will crash and burn eventually.
It’s merely a jumbo version of Yugoslavia.
Less likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 11:36   #3266
Senior Member+

Quote:
Anybody in mind?
Old 19-10-2019, 12:20   #3267

I get fed up with being labelled as some kind of racist or fascist when I own up to voting out in the presence of the rabid remainers. Excuse me, but pretty much every constituent government of the EU contains REAL overt fascist parties in their midst. In many cases they are a major force in government. The French National Front is practically the opposition party, Vlaamse Bloc had to be disbanded in Flemish Belgium due to it's rabid policies only to reappear as a (slightly) sanitised Vlaamse Belang. The Italian Liga seems to be espousing the fine tradition of Il Duce.

EU policies are the causing the rise of the extreme right on mainland Europe along with the dogma by the EU that the dream of their European 'project' must be fulfilled.
It annoys me that they label any one with an alternative view to theirs as fascist - REAL fascists are quite easy to find - in the parliaments of many EU constituent governments.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 15:18   #3268
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Corbyn has said a second referendum within 6 months after an election, Labour have completely SOLD OUT the working class imho. anyone voting labour is completly stupid and do not know what Democracy Means, in my view breaks my heart to say that but its the truth.
Old 19-10-2019, 16:55   #3269
Beacon of light

What do these MP's want?(don't tell me....I know they want to remain in the EU, disregarding the will of the electorate)

They said they did not want a disorderly Brexit(dubbed 'no deal').....so a deal is on the table but they don't want THAT either.
They want the PM to write to Brussels requesting an extension.....wouldn't it be wonderful if the EU told them that 'time is up'.

They are a shower of Fisons.
The sooner we can get rid of them the better.

Local MP's indicated their voting intentions to the Lancashire Telegraph.....what about our own representative.....well, he was 'unavailable for comment' no surprise there then.
Old 19-10-2019, 21:32   #3270

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Corbyn has said a second referendum within 6 months after an election, Labour have completely SOLD OUT the working class imho. anyone voting labour is completly stupid and do not know what Democracy Means, in my view breaks my heart to say that but its the truth.
I fear you are right and the Labour Party are in severe danger of losing their traditional support in their efforts to appease the controlling luvvies, dovies and trendies who have lost touch with ordinary people.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..