Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2019, 23:15   #3271
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Well Boris's deal rejected, so unsigned letter has been sent to the EU for an extension.....
Old 20-10-2019, 09:48   #3272
Beacon of light

This development was totally unexpected wasn't it? NOT!

It looks like there has been major collusion between a group of remainers and also there are some in Brussels who have 'dirty hands'

That these people can thwart the democratic process is reprehensible.

But that elected representatives can go against the will of their voters is equally deplorable.
These MP's have no idea of the rage that is felt by those who voted in good faith.

More than three years were given to get us out.....the politicians fiddle fiddled about(and I think this was a conscious ploy to try to thwart Brexit) but now want an extra three months in which to get things sorted.

They DO NOT want the three months to get us out, they want the three months to further promote the revocation of Article 50....keeping us in

They said they did not want to leave in a disorderly fashion, but they won't vote for the changes in the WA.(and this new WA is nothing more than warmed over TM stuff...not good for the UK, but great for the EU)

They should be honest and tell the population that there was never any intention to negotiate a Leaving package....that all they wanted was to stay in the EU.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 12:29   #3273

Is Saturday time and a half or double time ?
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 12:34   #3274
Beacon of light

They should not be getting paid at all....they have done nothing that warrants payment.....though I believe some of these grasping, greedy burgers have submitted claims for child care costs.
Old 20-10-2019, 14:08   #3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Well Boris's deal rejected, so unsigned letter has been sent to the EU for an extension.....
I still have a belief, (hope), that the greased piglet as David Cameron once called him; BORIS will get us out of the grasping clutches of of the E.U. if he can't do it then I don't think anyone has the b---- to stick their head above the parapet.
Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 14:25   #3276
Beacon of light

oh, Taddy...I DO hope you are right.

But for me this WA doesn't do it...it is just a warmed over version of what May negotiated and we know that was a pathetic attempt to keep us tied to the EU...but let us think we had left.

It is unclear what will happen next.
There are moves afoot to make a legal challenge to what Boris has done.
And also the snake Keir Starmer has said they will make it law that there has to be another referendum.
If that happens we know that the questions will be skewed to make it likely that we do NOT leave at all.
Old 20-10-2019, 14:34   #3277
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

with any luck Starmer will get some incurable illness with a matter of days left .
Old 20-10-2019, 14:58   #3278
Beacon of light

Well Cashy, in my current situation I cannot wish that on him, but I hope that when an election is called, his constituents recognise him for the traitor he is and boot him so far that he could not be found this side of the next millenium.

Or put another way.....may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch and his arms be too short to scratch the itchy place
Old 20-10-2019, 15:01   #3279
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm so ashamed of how this period will look in history, the so called greatest parliament in the world not just ignoring the wishes of the people but manipulating everything towards their own ends.
A disgrace no matter whether a remainer or a leaver.
Do we ever need to vote again?
Well no, it's a waste of time.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:05   #3280
Beacon of light

That curse also applies to Heseltine, Hammond, Clarke, Gaulke, Nokes, Gyimah, Soames, Burt, Bebb, Harrington, Letwin, Stephen Hammond, Lee and all the others who should by rights be in the tower for treachery.
Old 20-10-2019, 15:10   #3281
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm so ashamed of how this period will look in history, the so called greatest parliament in the world not just ignoring the wishes of the people but manipulating everything towards their own ends.
A disgrace no matter whether a remainer or a leaver.
Do we ever need to vote again?
Well no, it's a waste of time.

I do not think you need to be ashamed Less.
You are not the one who is committing the treachery...it is the elected representatives, but there is little chance any of them will feel the least twinge of shame or embarrassment...they have no consciences. To them it is a political game of point scoring and seeing who can look the cleverest.

As for not voting...well that would be just up their alley...they think we are too thick to be given a choice anyway.

Don't you think that if the electorate had their way many of these would be GONE...but until we can exercise our right to a vote, then we have to put up with this delinquent parliament.

interested only in their own agendas

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-10-2019 at 15:12.
Old 20-10-2019, 15:27   #3282
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I do not think you need to be ashamed Less.
You are not the one who is committing the treachery...it is the elected representatives, but there is little chance any of them will feel the least twinge of shame or embarrassment...they have no consciences. To them it is a political game of point scoring and seeing who can look the cleverest.

As for not voting...well that would be just up their alley...they think we are too thick to be given a choice anyway.

Don't you think that if the electorate had their way many of these would be GONE...but until we can exercise our right to a vote, then we have to put up with this delinquent parliament.

interested only in their own agendas
I do understand where you are coming from Margaret, yes it would work straight into the hands of these thieves if we don't get off our backsides and vote, but can someone please tell me how can they get away with what they are doing in what we used to call a democracy?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:21   #3283
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I do understand where you are coming from Margaret, yes it would work straight into the hands of these thieves if we don't get off our backsides and vote, but can someone please tell me how can they get away with what they are doing in what we used to call a democracy?
Because this is a delinquent Parliament supervised by a biased Speaker.
A Speaker who, far from being impartial, has an agenda that is in line with 60% of MP's who want to remain.

Less the problem is that our representatives have got so far removed from their voters that they could NOT conceive of us voting to leave.
They want to stay because it means that they get paid for sitting on their well padded harrises for doing NO governing, because that has been happening over the channel.
In fact, I am sure they are kacking their pants at the thought of having to make rules and regulations.

Shower of Fisons....all of them.
Old 20-10-2019, 16:47   #3284
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

although i always voted labour the best M.P. Hyndburn ever had was a Tory in my view, the late Ken Hargreaves. arthur davidson also was another good un.
Old 20-10-2019, 18:59   #3285
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy, you are right.
Ken Hargreaves was not just a good MP, he was a gentleman.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..