Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2016, 06:28   #391
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Got a post yesterday showing the Norwegian Flag stating Norway has had 2 E.U. referendums in early 70s @ in 94, the public said NO Thanks were fine as we are!!! and funnily enough they ARE. Therefore i ask those who say remain, to tell us about the crap Norway have been in, in the last 40 years? cos i cant recall any being reported.
Old 14-05-2016, 07:44   #392
Beacon of light

No, they won't report that Cashy. It does not suit their purpose....which is to talk Dow the UK, to chip away at the confidence of the population.....the 'can do' spirit.
In the end all the doom monger ink is based on nothing but assumptions and conjecture....as I said no one knows how it will go as it has never been done before.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 07:59   #393
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats true Margaret no-one knows, but then i dont recall Norway coming to much harm for refusing to enter.
Old 14-05-2016, 17:32   #394
Senior Member+

Has anyone else noted that quite a number of decisions/implementations of EU law/policy have been delayed until after our June referendum, just like the Chilcot Report?
Could it be that information which has a definite negative bearing upon the BS being spouted by the Remain camp is being deliberately delayed, or is it just my cynicism?
Old 14-05-2016, 18:00   #395
Beacon of light

No, Barrie, it isn't your cynicism at all.....there was a report in one of the papers more than a week ago that the EU courts were going easy on the UK so as not to create animosity and provoke an 'out' vote.

I made reference to Christine Lagarde in an earlier post....she has been top nob in the IMF for quite a while now...she has made comments about the Greeks being in a poor financial state because they do not pay their taxes...while she pays precisely nothing on her salary(Hypocrite).

She is also a confirmed Europhile(so no surprise about the scaremongering she is involved in).....commenting on the state of the EU....she said ' it is in a better state than it has ever been'. Oh yes...and she and George Osborne are pals too...so she IS going to be spouting whatever these confirmed europhiles want to hear.....not necessarily the truth.
As for the IMF they have consistently got their predictions wrong in relation to the growth of the UK economy...so why should they be right this time?

I don't care what all these nodding dogs tell us...I'm for OUT.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-05-2016 at 18:02.
Old 15-05-2016, 14:33   #396
Senior Member+

I'll be voting to stay in. I like the fact that thanks to the EU we have better rights for workers, take for example working time regulations and the chance to opt out of sunday working, paternity rights for new dads. These things might not affect a of of the older generation but if you work in retail it matters.
I like what I see of JC, he's an honest man with concern for real people at the heart of what he does.
I will now disappear whilst you lot all throw everything at me!
Old 15-05-2016, 14:56   #397
Beacon of light

Lindsay you are entiteld to your opinion.
I won't throw anything at you other than how I see things...and I have lived in the country before it was a part of the EU......so I have more to go on...more to make a judgement on.
I think the workers rights issue will not change......and to be honest I think that all the things you mentioned would have come about whether we were in the EU or not.
If you want this country to be over run with people who have no allegiance to the country, whose values are different(and not in a good way..ask the women in Cologne or any of the other countries that have taken many of the so called refugees)...then vote to stay in.
If you want laws made in another country....by people who you cannot remove because they are not elected by you...then vote to stay in.
If you want 350million pounds of our money to go to the EU EVERY WEEK...then vote to stay in.
If you want democracy in this country to be eroded still further.......vote to stay in.
If you want people to come here and drive down wages, take houses, use a health service for which they have contributed nothing.....have social benefits for which they have contributed nothing.....take school places so that parents cannot choose which school their child attends(because there are no places available) then vote to stay in.

If any of those things do not sit well with you then you have an option...that option is to vote OUT.

As to the point about Jeremy Corbyn ( I assume that who the JC is...not Jesus Christ) being an honest man......I am not so sure. He has never in the past said he was in favour of the EU(in fact I think he might have said or implied the opposite).....and in his endorsement of the EU in trying to get us to stay in...well, it was luke warm, muted, almost as if someone was twisting his arm up his back to say those things.....not in the least like he actually blieved them...now if he WAS an honest man...he would be saying exactly what he thought...and I do not think it would have been to ask us to vote to stay in

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-05-2016 at 14:59.
Old 15-05-2016, 15:07   #398
Beacon of light

as to the comment 'that is might not affect older members', well that is just not true.
Some older members are still working...and those who are not provide child care facilities for their grandchildren...this is something that enables those who work, to do so without incurring extra costs of child care
EVERYONE is affected by the insidious creeping control exerted by the EU.

Personally, I do not want to be a satellite state of Federal Europe.
Old 15-05-2016, 17:00   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I'll be voting to stay in. I like the fact that thanks to the EU we have better rights for workers, take for example working time regulations and the chance to opt out of sunday working, paternity rights for new dads. These things might not affect a of of the older generation but if you work in retail it matters.
I like what I see of JC, he's an honest man with concern for real people at the heart of what he does.
I will now disappear whilst you lot all throw everything at me!
I would never throw everything at you but, I was allowed my first vote in 1968 when I reached 21 year's of age, I am now 70 years of age, (almost),I have voted in every election since. (always Labour).

My parents were members of the Independent Labour Party in the 1930/40s
if you google it you will find that they were a lot more left wing than today's Labour Party but I am sorry there is no way on this earth would I ever vote for a party led by a person that is more concerned with his own stature than the party. Your's as ever, Taddy
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 17:03   #400

By the way, I also will be voting to stay in, ask any ex service personnel, (not saying that I am)
Old 16-05-2016, 07:45   #401
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
By the way, I also will be voting to stay in, ask any ex service personnel, (not saying that I am)
have a mate who's ex service, and thinks the same as me.
Old 16-05-2016, 07:47   #402
Senior Member+

Quote:
I served 18 years in the Forces. I originally voted to leave and I have only had my convictions hardened since the last referendum by the loss of control to unelected officials riding the gravy train, uncontrolled immigration, unfair fisheries policy, ridiculous bans of equipment by the EU (kettles, light bulbs, toasters, hair dryers and numerous other examples, massive financial costs which would be far better spent on the NHS, Police, schools and many more. As for security - that is provided by NATO - the only involvement militarily by the EU was a fiasco and had then to be recovered by NATO. Intelligence, well the majority of that comes from UK, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand - Cheltenham is one of the major sources, and we have seen recently how good the intelligence of France & Belgium are.
If you prefer to live in a European Super State run by Germany and France, with exceptionally high unemployment rates, particularly for the young then that is your choice - you can always emigrate. Just for the record I did live in France for a number of years.
Old 16-05-2016, 08:08   #403
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well thats 2 i know Taddy, sorry Barrie forgot about you.
taddy likes this.
Old 16-05-2016, 09:03   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well thats 2 i know Taddy, sorry Barrie forgot about you.
Ha, Ha, many thanks for that.
Old 16-05-2016, 12:53   #405
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ex-Army, 11 years in, all in Germany (with jaunts to NI, Canada & the ME 1991 when they were shooting) as part of the NATO alliance (the real reason why peace has been kept within Europe), got out & stayed in Germany, married to a Bartzi Mädel & I'm 110% OUT!

I can endorse Barries argument wholeheartedly & add to it, due to Mental Merkels policies, Germany is on a steady spiral to self destruction, there's quite a bit of resentment in the "Volk" about how things are being run here & when you've got "Sauer Krauts" it's never a good thing!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..