Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2016, 11:23   #496
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jean Claude Junker, President of The European Commission has waded in and said the the EU will make life 'hell' for the UK if it decides to leave.
Just another quick thought, someone was bleating on about the improvements made to 'human rights' and so on.

As we can see from the above, the EU's human rights won't be applied at a national level (unless of course we are all criminals or illegal immigrants).

Our voting in the referendum is supposed to be legal and fair, hardly fair and hardly a free vote if we are being threatened because we don't vote to keep the mandarins happy.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2016, 12:04   #497
Beacon of light

Even if we decide to stay, I believe that Brussels will find some way of penalising the UK...and if we do stay in they will feel that they can do anything they want, as we will have lost the leverage that we previously had.
No-one says that leaving will be a cake walk, but it is preferable to being the whipping boy of Brussels.
joaner3 and maxthecollie like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 12:22   #498

The last two lines of the last verse of this Eagles song seems to fit:-

EAGLES LYRICS - Hotel California
Old 23-05-2016, 12:29   #499
Beacon of light

Less I posted this ages back...probably in the first few pages of this thread.
Check out post 73.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-05-2016 at 12:32.
Old 23-05-2016, 12:43   #500
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The last two lines of the last verse of this Eagles song seems to fit:-

EAGLES LYRICS - Hotel California
One of my favourite songs...my era...I can remember all of the words(so how is it I can't remember what is on my shopping list?)
Old 23-05-2016, 13:36   #501
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
One of my favourite songs...my era...I can remember all of the words(so how is it I can't remember what is on my shopping list?)
I'm always doing stuff like that,Margaret, its called age. its a funny owd thing.
Old 23-05-2016, 14:17   #502
Beacon of light

yes Cashy,. Maybe if I set my shopping list to a tune I know...I might stand a chance of remembering.
Old 23-05-2016, 14:38   #503

Quote:
yes Cashy,. Maybe if I set my shopping list to a tune I know...I might stand a chance of remembering.
Old 25-05-2016, 19:49   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
By the way, I also will be voting to stay in, ask any ex service personnel, (not saying that I am)
After reading the comments from our ex Army, Air Force and Royal Marines High command in today's National press, I could well be changing my mind come polling day but then again who, if anyone is giving us the truth ?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 20:56   #505
Beacon of light

there is no TRUTH...there are only opinions, assumptions guesses. NO-ONE knows exactly what will happen in either scenario.

The IFS waded in to say that we will have to put up with more austerity, further cuts to public services and raised taxes if we leave the EU.
It is just worth noting that the Institute for Fiscal studies(IFS) receive 11% of their finance from the Eu...so hardly unbiased information.
Add to that they have frequently been wide of the mark on many financial guestimates(single currency, eurozone difficulties, the greek crisis, which is still ongoing,the financial crisis - they failed to predict the problems with any of these so why should we take notice of them now? All of a sudden they can see clearly how things will be in the UK post Brexit for some 2years....do not believe them it is all flannel.)...and also that fact that all of these financial institutions collaborate, then it is not surprising that they want us all to stay mired in an undemocratic organisation for all time.

I know where my X is going and furthermore I would walk over hot coals and broken glass to go and cast this vote - even though I am not hopeful of any change. Come the 24th of June I think we will still be in the EU...we will have lost any leverage that we might have had, and all of those promises made to Mr Cameron will melt like the hailstones in June thunderstorm.
joaner3 and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-05-2016 at 20:59.
Old 25-05-2016, 21:13   #506
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
After reading the comments from our ex Army, Air Force and Royal Marines High command in today's National press, I could well be changing my mind come polling day but then again who, if anyone is giving us the truth ?
None of any persuasion are giving us the truth taddy, they are all suiting there own agenda, its down to common sense, i honestly think. What i see as fact, is our health service is getting vastly overused,we have no right at all, to rid ourselves of criminals and the like, and much more thats all been stated by folk on this thread, also FACT this is NOT the common market we joined, nothing like it, as i'm sure you must remember yourself? My advice is simple, ignore the lot of em and use yer grey matter and decide for yourself.
Old 25-05-2016, 23:40   #507

i would vote OUT if I could, but i've been out of the country for more than 15 years.
you will be alot better off out of it because Brussels is controlling everything.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 07:20   #508
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
None of any persuasion are giving us the truth taddy, they are all suiting there own agenda, its down to common sense, i honestly think. What i see as fact, is our health service is getting vastly overused,we have no right at all, to rid ourselves of criminals and the like, and much more thats all been stated by folk on this thread, also FACT this is NOT the common market we joined, nothing like it, as i'm sure you must remember yourself? My advice is simple, ignore the lot of em and use yer grey matter and decide for yourself.
Cashy, the simple fact is that many people have lost the power of critical thought....they have swallowed so much garbage spewed out by various so called 'experts'(all of whom have been wrong many times in the past) they see how the country is going but fail to link this to the insufferable meddling by those who we did not elect, and worse, can never remove.
People in another country who want to 'show those pesky little Brits'......those who have no interest in our needs or how we think and operate.
We do not have a European mentality. In many countries in Europe they interpret the rule in a fluid way.....here we are slavish and follow rules and regulations rigidly.

We need to be OUT.
Old 26-05-2016, 08:45   #509
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3 View Post
i would vote OUT if I could, but i've been out of the country for more than 15 years.
you will be alot better off out of it because Brussels is controlling everything.
Know the feeling, same here all due to the scrote Blair!
Old 26-05-2016, 16:18   #510
Senior Member+

Quote:
Retired senior officers of all our services don't tend to have political ambitions so I tend to believe their statements more than the lying politicians of all colours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..