Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2016, 20:51   #541
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Less, that will never happen. The EU exists not for parity within the membership, but for the elite 1% who make the rules by which the rest of us are bound.
The EU does not exist to make the lives of the little people better. It exists for the bankers, the large corporations, industries....all those who have money.
That is why those are the people who are tossing around the scary stories about what will happen if we have the effrontery to leave.

On the 23rd of June the jailer will leave the keys hung up......if we have the cojones we can reach out, take those keys and free ourselves from the grip of this self serving arrogant organisation.......if however we like the way we have been treated(threatened, coerced, bullied...and we pay for this absurd treatment) then we sit back and do nothing.
We stay in the EU and let them do to us whatever they want, because they will know by then that we have no further leverage to broker any deals...there will be no negotiation...there will no reform, because that isn't what the EU is about. It is NOT a DEMOCRACY.
Other countries will veto the deals that David Cameron thinks he has secured....and we will look real patsies.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2016, 10:00   #542
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm for out, BUT I'm frightened of the retribution the EU will put towards us.
My postal vote to leave has been sent , but I share the same concern .

If we were to leave the EU , the EU would make life hell for us as a deterrent to any other EU members who may get the idea of having a similar referendum .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:17   #543
Senior Member+

We have beaten the bastards before - what they are really afraid of is the EU collapsing. Read what is going on in a number of countries at the moment - Austria, Hungary, Poland, Netherlands and others. We could very well open the floodgates if we have the nerve to opt out, others will then be able to follow our example and it will eventually revert to what we originally signed up for before we got screwed by Major and Blair.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:28   #544
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
My postal vote to leave has been sent , but I share the same concern .

If we were to leave the EU , the EU would make life hell for us as a deterrent to any other EU members who may get the idea of having a similar referendum .
It matters not.....they will make life hell for us if we stay as well....we might as well get something out of it.....and as Barrie says it may just give others the guts to do the same.
This socio-political experiment has benefitted only the rich, the bureacrats, the failed politicians. It has done precious little for the likes of us.
And don't try to sell me the old flannel that it has kept peace.....that is down to NATO.
Less and hilleluk like this.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:29   #545
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Pretty much son...pretty much.
I do not trust the government or their agents.....and right now I doubt the integrity of the whole vote.

the deck has been stacked against leaving from the start

i have no doubt the BBC biased has been bought by government al;lowing them to continue taxing the british public for another 15 years and who the hell decided boris and gove were to be heading the leave argument

one is a randy clown and the other has failed in every position he has held

the vast majority of media is either reliant on the EU and government or in debt to it so its in their interest to promote been in it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 21:56   #546
Senior Member+

I think I must have had some sort of a dream today. I have a vague memory of reading that Corbyn has tried to persuade us to Remain because that will help to save the bee population?????????
Old 03-06-2016, 06:21   #547
Beacon of light

This is because he cannot think of a valid reason why we should stay.
He has always been a Euro sceptic, but his party says he should promote the 'renain' argument....but in his heart of hearts he finds this difficult to come to terms with.
Our MP feels we should come out,but will vote to remain because his party tells him to
hilleluk likes this.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:36   #548
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have just listened to Cameron saying immigration can be controlled,even if we stay in the E.U. That must be why immigration has gone up? anyone at all who buys that, is even thicker than i thought.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:32   #549
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

VIDEO: 7 years ago this day, David Cameron said the UK needs to be independent from the EU | European Press Agency cheers neil.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:34   #550
JCB

Has anyone spoken to anyone who is voting to remain in the EU ?

All I have spoken to are voting to leave .
Wynonie Harris likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:35   #551
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Has anyone spoken to anyone who is voting to remain in the EU ?

All I have spoken to are voting to leave .
oh i have, not very many, but kids seem to be falling for the crap.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:37   #552
Beacon of light

There is NO WAY we can control who comes here.....or for that matter who stays here while we are in the EU.
In Albania the minimum wage is the equivalent of £1 per hour.
Albania wants to be in the EU......can you imagine the influx of people hoping to improve their lot by coming here and earning the minimum wage.......and probably getting tax incentives into the bargain.
I have heard nothing which makes me want to stay in the EU.
Frau Merkel has also implied that we will be made to pay for our audacity in considering leaving.
Now, is this the way that you speak to friends?
Of course it isn't and that is because we are not friends with other EU members.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:39   #553
Beacon of light

My other half says he will vote remain.....but I can't be sure if he is doing this to yank my chain.
I know of no-one else who thinks it is sane to stay in.
I still think that come the 24th of June we will still be enmeshed in this organisation.......and my chin will be dragging on the floor.
Wynonie Harris and hilleluk like this.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:42   #554
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh i have, not very many, but kids seem to be falling for the crap.
Cashy, it is because they know nothing else.....have not enough life experience to choose and because many of them are gullible and swallow whole( without chewing over) the guff they are fed.
I also think that they have little power of critical though.....and maybe they don't care.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:32   #555
Super Moderator

Seems a bit strange to me. I only know one person who's voting to remain. Everyone else, family, friends, football supporting mates, everyone in coffee shops, pubs, buses who comment on my "Vote Leave" badge, are all voting to leave...and yet the polls show the two camps neck and neck.

I sense some skullduggery afoot here!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..