Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2016, 13:19   #721
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
I ain't voting because it's been 9 months of bull...nowt will change either way. Cameron has 4 years left and nothing is going to change... Peeing into the wind is all I can say,and our local MP sought that , I just hope he goes next election because he's a liar on the Westminster gravy train...shame on you GJ
I can totally understand where you are coming from...but with the greatest respect to you Odders....things WILL NOT change if you do not go out and try to change them by execising your democratic right.
By not voting you are saying that you do not mind if your laws are deteremined in another country........and YOUR VOTE could be the one that tips the balance one way or another.
I am a fine one to talk, as in the past I have spoiled my paper or on odd occasions not voted...but that was because the choice I was offered in General Elections was no choice at all(meaning that all the parties were the same brand of politics).
But this referendum is different.
Yes there has been a lot of hot air spoken, a lot of lies told, a lot of issues fudged...but you have had all this time to do your own independent research...to determine from the information that is out there what kind of future you want for your children and your grand children.......there are only two choices IN(?) or OUT.
A choice between democracy or dictatorship.
But hey ho if that is how you feel.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2016, 13:28   #722

Sorry MargP but I feel I am wasting my time, if after my dinner I have a change of heart I will go to my polling station and vote out, but seriously with all the tit for tat I shyed away as much as possible... I don't care because nothing will change
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 13:37   #723
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I will not vote because it's pointless, I have better things to do than queuing up for pure nonsense
If voting is pointless then the opinion of a none voter is even more pointless. Don't complain unless your prepared to get off your backside and at the very least vote one way or the other.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 13:47   #724
Beacon of light

Quote:
Sorry MargP but I feel I am wasting my time, if after my dinner I have a change of heart I will go to my polling station and vote out, but seriously with all the tit for tat I shyed away as much as possible... I don't care because nothing will change
I hope you DO have a change of heart, because by voting you are sending a message to the likes of GJ and Tony Blair, John Major,Richard Branson...all those who live lives that are so far removed from the lives that we lead...and the message will be THAT WE MATTER.... that we have an opinion...that we are not cash cows to be l milked of taxes sent to another country(continent) to have them given back to us to make it look as though we are getting some kind of benefit.......it IS NOT a benefit if you have paid taxes to get it.

I really can see how the politicians and the media have given people Referendum Fatigue...but it really is an important issue and you should be putting your opinion into the pot by voting.
Old 23-06-2016, 13:56   #725
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is if leave does win the day, the likelyhood is Cameron @ Osborne will be dumped, whilst there is arseholes on both sides, that alone to me is worth voting oer.
Old 23-06-2016, 14:07   #726
Beacon of light

Quote:

Oh yes....and we desperately need your OUT vote.
Old 23-06-2016, 14:51   #727
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Seems there has been a mass shooting in a German Cinema, perhaps we will find out who is behind it when VOTING has finished? wouldn't be a big shock at all, if that were to be the case.
Old 23-06-2016, 15:43   #728

The mater and I voted this morning. It's a secret vote, so I won't tell you that I voted out.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 16:12   #729

I wonder how many times those that take your voting card hear "ip dip dog.sh..." or "eeny meeny miny mo" coming from the booths....

My vote is secret too. So secret that even I don't know what it is yet ...
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 17:09   #730
Beacon of light

The people that I have met up with during the course of today did not seem to need to resort to that sort of nursery rhyme to make their decision......and I have spoken to quite a few.
Less likes this.
Old 23-06-2016, 17:36   #731
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The people that I have met up with during the course of today did not seem to need to resort to that sort of nursery rhyme to make their decision......and I have spoken to quite a few.
Perhaps yeh spoke to sensible people not the braindead?
Old 23-06-2016, 19:18   #732
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

All I can say is "good on yer!" all those who've made the effort, win/lose at least you tried to bring about a change & that alone deserves thanks. As to the abstainers & remainers, if we're enmeshed in the deepening mire & our liberties further curtailed, don't go bitching about it as you were the root of the problem!
Old 23-06-2016, 19:43   #733
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well after much serious thought, i have come to the conclusion that the party i have always supported (and so has Paris) have completely ignored the wishes of the majority of their voters? the arrogance of them is astounding to me,
Old 23-06-2016, 20:00   #734

Quote:
I will not vote because it's pointless, I have better things to do than queuing up for pure nonsense

I was first entitled to vote in 1968 when I reached my 21st bithday, I have voted in every election both national and regional ever since, it at least allows me to put my opinion forward in any discussion, debate etc; what I cannot stand is anyone spouting about this is wrong or that is wrong, when they cannot even be bothered to get off their backsides and put a cross on a piece of paper.
If you are not prepared to vote, then you are not entitled to an opinion. End of story.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 20:02   #735

By the way I am now eight months away from my 70th birthday
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..