Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2016, 21:20   #811
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Populated by real people, with honest concerns & fears, something the self loathing lefties can't abide & shout down & deride at every turn when it doesn't fit their agenda. The UK has been slowly infiltrated & over run with this creeping insidious pestilence, fostered by various governments & their apparatus, indoctrinating our youth with the ideals of the eu whilst rewriting & denigrating the achievements of Britain.

Hhmm, I believe you're a teacher aren't you?
And looking at the map of those who voted similarly, it seems we are not on our own.
Maybe you have,(like our MP) been out of our honest little town for too long.
Maybe you think that the fifth largest economy can not overcome the difficulties that lie ahead. Maybe you have been indoctrinated to believe that we are not capable of forging links with other trading nations.

That is the thing about being in an abusive relationship( the EU appeared to be an abusive partner).....you get to thinking that it is you who has the problem rather than the abuser.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2016, 21:26   #812
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And looking at the map of those who voted similarly, it seems we are not on our own.
Maybe you have,(like our MP) been out of our honest little town for too long.
Maybe you think that the fifth largest economy can not overcome the difficulties that lie ahead. Maybe you have been indoctrinated to believe that we are not capable of forging links with other trading nations.

That is the thing about being in an abusive relationship( the EU appeared to be an abusive partner).....you get to thinking that it is you who has the problem rather than the abuser.
I think maybe something has gone a tad awry here Ma.
Old 24-06-2016, 21:36   #813
Beacon of light

No I was adding my comment to your post...ignore the post between myself and Taddy....he sent me a PM and I replied in thread that I had received it....naughty, naughty.....should not have done that..it disrupts the flow.....apologies to all.
Old 24-06-2016, 21:58   #814

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

So Cameron finally behaves with honour...commits Seppuku and falls on his sword...tories eulogise and begin to start reuniting.

Meanwhile, Labour luvvies decide to give Corbyn a vote of no confidence on the grounds that he did not rally the troops..i.e. didn't get our MP out on the streets campaigning. Cue..infighting at a time they should be showing a united front...

Totally lost the plot..

Our MP spends the day sulking and retweeting doom and gloom comments without offering a single 'lets move on and make Britain great again' tweet....says it all *sigh*
Old 24-06-2016, 23:35   #815
God Member

Quote:
I don't believe it....there is an online petition calling for a second referendum as the result of this one was so close.
It has reached 119,000 signatories already so the government has to consider debating it.
I could not stand another campaign like the last one.

They are saying that us old folk have made the decisions for the younger generation.....many of whom did not get off their butt cheeks to go and vote.
Maybe we have done them a favour. We have to wait and see. There are still a lot of myths guesses and doomery out there.....none of it helpful.
Close! Don't those guys know how to count? Close my ass. This is close: Quebec Referendum, October 30, 1995: Percentage wanting to leave Canada, 49.42. Wanting to remain, 50.58. Now that's close. And, by the way, voter turn out: 93.52%. And this "age" thingy ... a complete crock of horse manure. Seventeen million voted "out" ... picture it, 17,000,000 ill-educated old farts, pushing their walkers to the polls in order to frustrate the aspirations of the young And that "ill-educated" thing ... I read that in some clown's blog. Maybe it means that they don't have a degree Degrees seem to be a compulsory these days ... most of them are useless: Gender Studies, MBW (Masters in Basket Weaving), etc. You can even go to the US and acquire a degree in Hamburgerology at Rotten Ronnie U. And our education was fine. We left school literate and able to count to twenty without removing our socks. All those who voted, the sober ones anyway, voted for what they believed was the right choice ... 17+ million of them voted "out". British voters, in a fair and democratic vote decided to leave. And the French and the Germans? None of their goddam business. Looks like they should be taking care of their own countries. What happens in Britain is for the Brits to decide. Simple.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 23:49   #816
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Was swaying towards remain only because of the workers rights that we might lose now. For me it can't get any worse than it already is.
we had workers rights before we joined the EU and if we had not joined we would still have made more rights as we went along because we arnt a dipsh1t country we are a progressive country..

its how we became Great Britain and we will become Great again

Under the EU zero contract hours became legal so if they can allow that to happen its hardly a shining example of protecting the working people is it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 00:06   #817
God Member

Got this from a tweet by some millennial lame-brain.

Went to sleep in the 21st century. Woke up in some far-right, medievalist nightmare. I worry for my childrens' future.

Can you believe this shiite? I've had bad trips too. Straighten out. Get a life. I'm medievalist ... and I am far-left.

Last edited by Eric; 25-06-2016 at 00:09.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 07:10   #818
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Our MP spends the day sulking and retweeting doom and gloom comments without offering a single 'lets move on and make Britain great again' tweet....says it all *sigh*
Those doom and gloom comments from the remain camp are doing damage to the UK.....damage which they will lay at the feet of those who voted to leave.

If our MP cannot get up from his prone position....the he should throw in the towel and give the baton to someone ready to do our town justice.

There is one thing for certain - I will never again be bamboozled into voting for someone local because I think they might have a handle on what the town needs.
cashman and maxthecollie like this.
Old 25-06-2016, 08:23   #819
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst E.U. membership was far more difficult to understand, Democracy is pretty easy, All those 800.000 plus thousand that have signed the petition,for a second E.U. Referendum, to me should have their voting right removed, cos its pretty clear that they dont even grasp what Democracy means.
Old 25-06-2016, 08:59   #820
Beacon of light

I wonder how many of those who are signing this petition turned out and voted.

If there was a second referendum and it turned the vote around how would this leave the UK....would David Cameron want his job back?

I can understand the pont of view of those who were wanting to stay in....but this was a clear majority of 1 million voters.......and in some places those wanting to leave and voting such outnumbered those wanting to remain by two to one(our own area voted in that way).

I would hate to have to sit through all that campaigning again......it was not a dignified campaign and I have lost faith in some people who i previously respected.
All down to the way they presented the case to stay(and this is not because I disagree with their point of view...it is the way they promoted their point of view which alienated me).

What needs to happen now is that everyone unites and gets down to the business of getting the UK up and running.......We can do it.
Less, Eric, maxthecollie and 1 others like this.
Old 25-06-2016, 09:18   #821

Quote:
No I was adding my comment to your post...ignore the post between myself and Taddy....he sent me a PM and I replied in thread that I had received it....naughty, naughty.....should not have done that..it disrupts the flow.....apologies to all.
With my being a comparative newby to this Bill Gates infernal machine, also called a computer I believe; could someone put me wise as to why it is out of order to do what Marge is apologising for. Your's as ever, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 09:28   #822
Beacon of light

It is only really 'thread etiquette'.....it disrupted the flow of the thread a little....or at least that is what I think Dave in Germany was referring to...but I could be wrong.
Old 25-06-2016, 09:31   #823

Quote:
It is only really 'thread etiquette'.....it disrupted the flow of the thread a little....or at least that is what I think Dave in Germany was referring to...but I could be wrong.
Thank you Marge.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 09:47   #824
Beacon of light

You are welcome Taddy.
Old 25-06-2016, 10:31   #825

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst E.U. membership was far more difficult to understand, Democracy is pretty easy, All those 800.000 plus thousand that have signed the petition,for a second E.U. Referendum, to me should have their voting right removed, cos its pretty clear that they dont even grasp what Democracy means.
If they don't like the result of the referendum, they could always move to Europe. The ferries are still running.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..