Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2016, 17:14   #841
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Its a matter of corruption, pray tell us when the E.U. accounts were last signed off fer starters,
Old 25-06-2016, 17:36   #842
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its the most corrupt organization i ever heard of the accounts have NEVER been signed off,full stop by the auditors, yet you think its a good institution Burningman? and thats just for starters, theres loads more corrupt practices, it may be ok for an "Anglo/American" but many who live here it aint.
Old 25-06-2016, 18:51   #843
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020. Only London, Leeds, Manchester and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly received higher allocations.

How has funding from the EU ever helped Lancashire? - Lancashire Evening Post
There is a misconception that the EU gives us money. They do not....they take money from us( currently this stands at 13 billion pounds per annum. We get a rebate of 4.5 billion pounds back as a rebate secured by Margaret Thatcher), and then if we are good, fill out the forms properly, they give us what we gave them in the first place...but it has to be spent how they tell us....we cannot decide to spend it in any other fashion.

So £211 million pounds over 6 years is not a great chunk of money when you consider what we have paid in

This has to be pointed out to the beneificiaries by posters proclaiming the fact that the project is supported/funded by the EU...this I presume is so that we can feel grateful for the 'handout'(which is OUR money).

With the greatest respect Burningman, you are not in a position to judge what is happening here.
I presume that you have some sort of democracy over in the US.....you know, the kind of thing where you elect representatives to pass your laws and statutes.
i presume that these laws are debated in open chamber.....that you are aware of who is voting for what and if your senator, congressman stuffs up......next time the vote comes round you give him the flick.
You have some element of control.....a democratic choice.

The EU does not operate with such transparency.
The people making the rules are appointed by committees. The meetings where laws and regulations that affect every part of our lives, are conducted behind closed doors with no record of who said what or how these rules/laws have been debated.
Worst of all if they stuff up we cannot remove them....they are not accountable(which means they can be lobbied by those with money...banks, large corporations...so whoever has the most money has them in the palm of their hands).
Now if you think this is right or fair that we should be denied democracy and a right to say in what direction our country goes.....and who we can allow to come to our country......well, I'd be interested to hear why you thought such a situation was fair and your reasoning for considering it to be so.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-06-2016 at 18:54.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 19:04   #844
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020. Only London, Leeds, Manchester and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly received higher allocations.

How has funding from the EU ever helped Lancashire? - Lancashire Evening Post
And this is exactly what the EU want you to think......that you have fared well.
They want to be seen as a paternalistic benefactor
I would rather we kept our money to spend in the ways which would benefit our infrastructure, pay for better schools, pay to train more BRITISH health workers instead of having to import them.
Old 25-06-2016, 19:33   #845
Senior Member+

Margaret, You should be Prime Minister. You talk sense.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 20:03   #846
Beacon of light

Aww Frank you are making me blush.
I do believe there is a position going...but it would not be for me because I say exactly what I feel.(and my degree comes from the University of life)
I would be no good in politics because I am one of those rare things......(well, in politics I mean) I am a principled person.
I could not follow the party line because I was told to do it. If I really believe in something then nothing would stop me from standing my ground.
KiTChener likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-06-2016 at 20:07.
Old 25-06-2016, 20:17   #847
Senior Member+

I know how you feel.I like to stick to my principles
Old 25-06-2016, 20:20   #848
Beacon of light

Maybe it is a generational thing Frank.
Old 25-06-2016, 20:23   #849
Senior Member+

I was brought up with principles
Old 26-06-2016, 00:22   #850
God Member

the future is a little uncertain but if all goes well...............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EUROMP.jpg (295.5 KB, 20 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:06   #851

Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.
Let Britain be free, Europe's far-right parties urge | Reuters
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:22   #852
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.
Typical of a whining remainer. for one who supposed to be educated, yeh really are pathetic.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 26-06-2016, 07:32   #853

Obvious error with pictures in post 850. Streets are relatively clean. No Europeans = no one to do all the menial jobs many Brits can't pull themselves away from Jeremy Kyle to do.
Old 26-06-2016, 07:35   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Typical of a whining remainer. for one who supposed to be educated, yeh really are pathetic.
No whines here cashy, just opinion and warnings.
See I'm even smiling.
Old 26-06-2016, 07:43   #855
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
And you think that the way the EU is going is the right way do you?
There is unrest in many of the member states and the leaders of the EU have done very little to quell this

You think that decisions made in closed chambers is not the way that corrupt men work.....who knows what is being decided and by who.

You are deluded if you think that being in Europe keeps us safe.

Being in the EU is not helping the Southern European states.
Greece is in dire financial difficulty. Spain and Italy have very high rates of unemployment.
I can think of no good reason why anyone would want to be in such an organisation.
An organisation which threatens and bullies its members.
Removes democracy....Maybe that means nothing to you.
Your sneering allusion to WW2 is an insult to those men and women who,paid for our democracy with their lives.

i humbly suggest that you go back to your metropolitan friends and drown your europhile sorrows in a pint of something cold and bitter.
cashman, Barrie Yates and taddy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..