Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2016, 14:12   #871
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Lancashire county as a whole has fared well in the latest funding rounds with some £211m allocated from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund for 2014 to 2020.
A Pittance, given back to us with conditions, plus this 211m is over six years, working out at about 35m, per year. Last year alone (2015) UK paid in 17.8 Billion & even being magnanimous lets take away our rebate, we're still looking at 12.9 Billion p.a. As I said a pittance.

Far better the 17.8 Billion being kept in the UK & invested as required than sent away to pay for every damned waif, stray & basket case in the eu & us being given some of our own cash back as a largess of the corrupt eu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.
Let Britain be free, Europe's far-right parties urge | Reuters
We Won! Pretty much like we did on Thursday, this little Island out in the Atlantic off the west coast of europe has once again stood up to aggression, threats & danger from the heart of a Germany dominated europe. It has as usual fallen to the Brits to defend democracy, decency & fairness not just for ourselves but also the europeans who have shown that they need saving from themselves again.
Old 26-06-2016, 15:01   #872
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire View Post
I notice that an online petition has been raised against the Referendum result, it will be VERY interesting to observe how quickly this is dealt with and how our masters react, given that so few of them wanted the result that they got.
Aye, I've seen that to, but it appears it isn't quite what it purports to be.

3M+ 'Remain' Petition Uses 'Script' To 'Fake' Signatures: 25,000 From North Korea, 2,800 From Uninhabitable Antarctic
Old 26-06-2016, 15:29   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, I've seen that to, but it appears it isn't quite what it purports to be.

3M+ 'Remain' Petition Uses 'Script' To 'Fake' Signatures: 25,000 From North Korea, 2,800 From Uninhabitable Antarctic
This has got to be the ultimate wind up surely.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 16:21   #874
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If thats the case, the petition should be scrapped immediately.
It IS being investigated as a fraud.
On the BBC website it says that bogus names will be removed.
I suppose that it will have to be debated, but I cannot see it changing anything.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 16:37   #875
God Member

dont investigate it period just remove it from the database its completely irrelevant

a huge amount of people put crosses in boxes on this issue already and it was alot more than what clicked a link on a website
Barrie Yates and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 16:42   #876
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dont investigate it period just remove it from the database its completely irrelevant

a huge amount of people put crosses in boxes on this issue already and it was alot more than what clicked a link on a website
Thats best idea ive heard.
Old 26-06-2016, 16:57   #877

Quote:
Many aint generalising to me, its a definate statement, he is also one snotty piece of work to lump us with Kyle,
Ahh Cashy, what a very starkly clear vision you must have of life. Am I arrogant and ignorant to disagree with you? Obviously "in your eyes". Thank you for at least qualifying your statement with a little subjectivity. Did I lump you in with Kyle? Only if you class yourself as one of the long term unemployed who choose not to work rather than claim benefits. As you class yourself as "Coffin dodger" I will assume that you are a fully paid up member of the generation which only took up state handouts as a last resort, in which case I salute your ethics in this respect.
Please allow me to clarify one or two points.
Firstly I believe that the great British public has been sold a lie by the right wing(press, politicians, financiers and other self serving personages) that the causes of unemployment, lack of housing, social and community division are rooted in our membership of the EU.
Secondly my mention of racism ( please note that I did not refer to having seen examples on Accyweb -the TV provided me with lots of folk who were very anti German) is because that is what I consider hostility towards other ethnicities, because they are other ethnicities, to be.
Thirdly, yes I believe MANY Brits choose not to work and are therefore lazy. I could not provide you with numbers, but based on people that I interact with on a daily basis in a relatively small demographic, I would say many thousands. If your experience is different to mine and all the benefit claimants you meet are busting a gut to engaging with the work market again, then they are being poorly served by whoever is meant to be helping them. The jobs are there if you are willing to do them. Yes I am now in education but previously have worked in bookies, a bank, in bars, at Butlins, on the bins, sold crap for Gerald Ratner and shovelled similar stuff in a number of places. I have been on the dole, but not for long. I now watch individuals who are claiming benefits, drive past the school gates in Beemers and Boxters.
I do not hold with anyone who says that membership of the EU was perfect, but neither do I think that leaving was the answer. I truly hope that I am wrong in forseeing a really rough time ahead for this country but the signs since Thursday have not been good. Thankfully I am and in all likelihood will remain financially secure. My beer will cost more in Spain and my petrol will be more expensive at the pump. My children are the ones who may reap the bitter fruit from the referendum and it is for them that I actually feel like weeping.

egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 17:40   #878
Beacon of light

Your post is very illuminating Egg & Chips.

You say that leaving the EU was not the answer. In your considered opinion, what was the answer to how the EU treated the UK? I am not being fly when I ask this.
I just want to see if you could see another way. Because I could not.
Believe me I looked. We were treated with contempt, like upstarts for daring to suggest that things within the EU should change.

There is major unrest in Europe.....and the European leaders seem to be doing precious little other than sitting on their hands.
The southern members of the EU have been treated in an appalling manner.

It is certain that there will be some difficult times ahead, but then that would have been the same whether we voted to leave the EU or not.
The leaders of the EU were displeased that we could even consider having a vote, so they have said we were going to be made to pay....punished even.
Now if you consider that is the right way to treat what is in effect a trading partner, then you must enlighten me as to why you hold this belief.

There is a lot of political in fighting going on and this is counter productive and will create more uncertainty.
What should be happening is that there should be a united effort to sort out the issues that have been created......and quickly.
As for the lies and myths that were peddled, both sides were guilty of this it wasn't just right wing factions. (Politicians of all shades have lost the trust of the people they are supposed to serve - they treat us like imbeciles).....and it was up to people to seek out information from a variety of sources for themselves(that was difficult but without information you are in no position to make a choice).

Right now, this looks like a mess, but your children may actually reap the benefits because sometime good things come out of painful times(ask your wife about this).
This may force the EU to reform.....or it may cause it to implode....but something better take its place.
The Roman Empire fell, but the world did not end. It went on......and with courage and concerted efforts it will again.
So dry your eyes, roll up your sleeves and get shovelling with the rest of us.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-06-2016 at 17:49.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 17:40   #879
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No your arrogant and snotty not because you disagree cos its what you are simple as, your ignorant comments on here for anyone to make their own minds up about.
Old 26-06-2016, 17:49   #880
Full Member+

One thing I am grateful for is we can still hold an honest vote in this country so we have basic morals and there is hope for us yet.
I believe the 'common people' have reacted to the situation they find themselves in where hospitals are at breaking point, prisons are over crowded and schools are over subscribed. The threat that more people are coming can only make matters worse. The situation isn't necessarily caused by imigrants but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if numbers increase, the situation will get worse. This will affect the common people and not the decision makers. The EU's open door policy is not sustainable and on that point alone we were justified in leaving the EU.

Stop pussy footing around and making excuses, get Article 50 launched and let's get on with making Britain great again. There are tough times ahead because the EU are going to be ragged off with us so stop paying them money and tell them that we will settle the bill when our exit is finalised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg democracy.jpg (85.3 KB, 9 views)

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 18:01   #881

Quote:
No your arrogant and snotty not because you disagree cos its what you are simple as, your ignorant comments on here for anyone to make their own minds up about.
My dear, dear Cashy, I will act the part that you have cast me in. Enter pantomime demon

I think that this is what you mean to say, but with lack of punctuation, I am uncertain.

"No, you're arrogant and snotty not because you disagree, BUT because it's what you are, simple as. Your ignorant comments ARE on here for anyone to make their own minds up about."

Now THAT was an arrogant thing for me to do as I'm sure "yeh" will agree.

I don't know the meaning of the word "ignorant" just like I can't stand intolerance.

Old 26-06-2016, 18:10   #882
Senior Member+

I don't hate Germans, I have spent quite a time working there with them - but I don't like Frau Merkel and her policies - just like I don't like Corbyn, Cameron, Osborne, Blair, Brown and quite a few others. Am I a racist? Well, having worked or served in over 10 foreign countries and liking most of the people that I have met on those occasions and the holidays I have spent an many more countries - a few idiots everywhere that I disliked, just like the occasional posters on here who certainly qualify for idiot status, but hated, no, definitely no.
We have stood alone on a number of occasions and each time - since 1066, have successfully overcome whatever challenged us - we are the British and we will overcome despite what the doom mongers predict.
Old 26-06-2016, 18:12   #883
Senior Member+

Sir has marked your essay,Cashy.
Less and egg&chips like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 18:18   #884

Right now, this looks like a mess, but your children may actually reap the benefits because sometime good things come out of painful times(ask your wife about this).
This may force the EU to reform.....or it may cause it to implode....but something better take its place.
The Roman Empire fell, but the world did not end. It went on......and with courage and concerted efforts it will again.
So dry your eyes, roll up your sleeves and get shovelling with the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Again, I will express my sincere hope that I am wrong in my gloomy forecasting. I do hope that our recovery as a global society does not take the 1400+ years it took after the Western Empire fell however!
Rest assured Margaret, my sleeves are only rolled down at weddings and funerals, and my shovel resteth not in its cupboard.

Old 26-06-2016, 18:22   #885
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Ahh, the company we travel with. Now let me think, the last time we had rampant, hard line,isolationist Nationalism across Europe would have been eighty odd years ago. Somebody remind me how that turned out.
Let Britain be free, Europe's far-right parties urge | Reuters
JFGI

... what a simplistic, garbage interpretation of the history of the 1930s, fit only for a drunken discussion at the bar ... You should have taken seriously the D- grade you got in history, and done some reading.

And for all those other "in" supporters with their noses out of joint: Democracy ain't a coin toss ... you can't say "ok, best out of three" if you don't like the result. Over 17 million Britons, citizens of a free and democratic country cast their ballots in a fair and open election. Nobody bribed them, or threatened them, or in any way, other than campaigning, tried to tell them which way to vote. The election was fair and above board. If you don't like it, tough tittie. Suck it up; get on with your life; and have a nice day.

If the "in" side had won, there would still have been the problem of negotiating a new deal for the UK within the EU.
Less likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..