Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2016, 16:05   #91
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I don't think it can be a bad thing.
He is high profile and lots of people take notice of what he says.
As long as he doesn't do a last minute defection.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2016, 16:11   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
As long as he doesn't do a last minute defection.
That's just it though, he tends to be flighty & flippant, added to that he tends to change direction with the wind.
Old 21-02-2016, 17:06   #93
Senior Member+

He's not daft, he's on a 'win/win'.
If we vote out he'll be the wise one who got it right, Cameron will resign and Boris will be favourite for new leader.
If we vote stay in Cameron finishes at the end of this Parliament anyway and when the EU Parliament screws us Boris can say' I told you so' and again he'll be favourite for new leader.
He's a politician, looking for what's best for him, not us.
cashman likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 17:17   #94

We have been at war with France,Germany, Portugal, Holland, Spain and probably many other now so called E. U. countries that I cannot bring to mind at the moment.

Now here is an idea to muse over; How about we apply to be the 51st state of the good old U.S.A. instead of trying to be the 1st state of the E.U.

Just another thought to ponder over, Donald Duck, (sorry Trump), as our next leader ? yea, i'm up for that, (well we can't really get much worse than what we already have), (can we ?)

Stay happy as always, Your's, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 17:24   #95
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Now here is an idea to muse over; How about we apply to be the 51st state of the good old U.S.A.
You've obviously not had many dealings with our colonial cousins have you Tads? We need closer ties with the Spams like we do the rest of Europe, not the best of ideas mate.
Old 21-02-2016, 17:42   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You've obviously not had many dealings with our colonial cousins have you Tads? We need closer ties with the Spams like we do the rest of Europe, not the best of ideas mate.
At least thay speak our language, (well almost); by the way,where does the name "Spams", come from ?
Old 21-02-2016, 17:42   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am well for leaving the E.U. Taddy, but would prefer to stop in, rather than become the 51st state. I love the yanks, but their government is completely useless imho.
Old 21-02-2016, 17:47   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I am well for leaving the E.U. Taddy, but would prefer to stop in, rather than become the 51st state. I love the yanks, but their government is completely useless imho.
You are right, my comment was just (tongue in cheek),
Old 21-02-2016, 17:49   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You are right, my comment was just (tongue in cheek),
Thank the lord fer that, thought yeh had lost it mate.
Old 21-02-2016, 17:58   #100
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
At least thay speak our language, (well almost); by the way,where does the name "Spams", come from ?
In the vernacular of your (1980's-1990's) Squaddie those of us that had dealings with them referred to them as "Spams". (self propelled American morons)

I know, hardly pc & all that guff, but that was the way of it & I'm pretty damn sure they had reciprocal epithets for us too.
Old 21-02-2016, 18:12   #101
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
We have been at war with France,Germany, Portugal, Holland, Spain and probably many other now so called E. U. countries that I cannot bring to mind at the moment.

Now here is an idea to muse over; How about we apply to be the 51st state of the good old U.S.A. instead of trying to be the 1st state of the E.U.

Just another thought to ponder over, Donald Duck, (sorry Trump), as our next leader ? yea, i'm up for that, (well we can't really get much worse than what we already have), (can we ?)

Stay happy as always, Your's, Taddy.
We tried for that at the end of WWII, the Americans wisely chose to write off the debts for loan lease as a tax loss rather than take us on board, they may be loud but they ain't stupid.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:26   #102
God Member

Quote:
Ok ... how about the eleventh Canadian province We'd have to have different voting qualifications for Brits tho': only those who can skate or field dress a moose would be allowed to vote.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:39   #103
Beacon of light

Eric.....have you got to be able to do both?
I can skate, but I have never tried to field dress a moose.....You did say Moose and not mouse didn't you?

Well, there have to be some light moments to this serious subject.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 19:39   #104

Quote:
In the vernacular of your (1980's-1990's) Squaddie those of us that had dealings with them referred to them as "Spams". (self propelled American morons)

I know, hardly pc & all that guff, but that was the way of it & I'm pretty damn sure they had reciprocal epithets for us too.
Many thanks for that D.I.G.
Old 21-02-2016, 20:13   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eric.....have you got to be able to do both?
I can skate, but I have never tried to field dress a moose.....You did say Moose and not mouse didn't you?

Well, there have to be some light moments to this serious subject.
Skating will do ... and I did say "moose" ... Teela Brown takes care of the mice. The other too lazy sluts don't do mousework.

And if you like skating, you can move freely to Northern Saskatchewan and skate 11 months of the year. A knowledge of and a fair degree of skill with firearms are definite plusses. Bears don't respond to "shoo"; and [deleted] off seems to make them angrier than normal ... and normal is bad enough.

And it's a long way from Calais, other frog places, the eyeties, and the krauts ... not to mention the jocks ... and the rest of the EU. And we don't have Eton, Oxbridge, and The City telling us what to do. Oh, and the bacon is decent; so you can enjoy your bacon butties.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..