Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2016, 20:13   #1036
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Maybe soon there will be NO EU to belong to.
We live in hope!
Old 07-07-2016, 22:55   #1037
Senior Member+

I can't keep up with the changes.
On the 1st of July our MP informed us that he is a factory worker -start of confusion????
Some time ago it was 95% of us that didn't understand what was The Meaning of Life or something that was just as profound - Oh yes, we didn't understand 95% of nothing.
Then came the statement "I feel we should leave the EU but I will vote Remain"????????
Then we were "always heading for a 65% majority to Leave" - I must have missed that prediction, wonder if Gypsy Rose Lee read it in her tea leaves for him, but he chose the "harder argument" (must take an aspirin or two as my brain is aching now), and voted Remain. So he voted as JC decreed yet I didn't hear of any genuine input to the Leave campaign. As one of the original 95% I reserve the right to be confused.
Old 07-07-2016, 23:40   #1038
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Don't fret, soon there will be a general election, if he dares to put himself forward as our representitive once more you can show him how little you know by putting an X against his name...

...nah, you see you aren't as confused as you thought, cos that ain't going to happen is it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:54   #1039
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I can't keep up with the changes.
On the 1st of July our MP informed us that he is a factory worker -start of confusion????
Some time ago it was 95% of us that didn't understand what was The Meaning of Life or something that was just as profound - Oh yes, we didn't understand 95% of nothing.
Then came the statement "I feel we should leave the EU but I will vote Remain"????????
Then we were "always heading for a 65% majority to Leave" - I must have missed that prediction, wonder if Gypsy Rose Lee read it in her tea leaves for him, but he chose the "harder argument" (must take an aspirin or two as my brain is aching now), and voted Remain. So he voted as JC decreed yet I didn't hear of any genuine input to the Leave campaign. As one of the original 95% I reserve the right to be confused.
It just demonstrates what COMPLETE BULL we are given and also how STUPID he feels the electorate are IMHO.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:28   #1040
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Obama has just been speaking in Warsaw about the horrific shooting in Dallas, the man said the British decision to Brexit has created uncertainty, now excuse me, that has sod all to do with whats happened oer yon, the sooner he is evicted from office the better we will be. he talks as ridiculous as our own M.P.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:58   #1041
Beacon of light

Now some good news that you probably won't hear on the Beeb.
The bankers Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are now saying that they think the UK will thrive after leaving the EU.
Perhaps they could blow this information into the ears of Standard and Poor so they could give us back our triple A rating.
The FTSE gained 1.1% yesterday and manufacturing is up 1.9% in the three months up to the end of May....now before anyone tells me that this was BEFORE the referendum...yes, I know...but there was much unrest and uncertainty on the run up to the vote(much of it manufactered by banks, political leaders and short sighted business men like R. Branson)....and who knows, without that scary stuff it could have been 2.5%.

The 'not so good' news...well, the London Stock Exchange is set to be taken over by Deutshe Borse(I am sure I read something recently which said this bank was under investigation for some dodgy dealing)...and they are threatening to move the headquarters to Frankfurt. The government has said it will block this move.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 13:21   #1042
God Member

It's Deutche Bank that's the dodgy operation, along with many other EU banks, especially in Italy. I don't think the banks 'own' the stock exchanges or bourses, yet.
You'll not hear any good news on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation about leaving the EU for some time. Their metropolitan med'ya mindset is still having trouble with the concept of democracy and the sheer audacity of the electorate having the right to think for itself.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 13:30   #1043
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's Deutche Bank that's the dodgy operation, along with many other EU banks, especially in Italy. I don't think the banks 'own' the stock exchanges or bourses, yet.
You'll not hear any good news on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation about leaving the EU for some time. Their metropolitan med'ya mindset is still having trouble with the concept of democracy and the sheer audacity of the electorate having the right to think for itself.
unless i am very much mistaken (and I am sure there will be someone along in a minute to tell me) the Deutche Borse IS the Deutche Bank or is owned by it...which was why the story stuck in my mind(sorry I got the spelling wrong...did it from memory ..should have looked it up)
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 18:49   #1044
Full Member+

The independent BBC is the mouthpiece of the impartial Government who canvas the wishes of the electorate and act accordingly.

Sorry, I was into some kind of ideal world then, I don't know what came over me.

Who is actually holding up the process of invoking article 50?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 18:58   #1045
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
The independent BBC is the mouthpiece of the impartial Government who canvas the wishes of the electorate and act accordingly.

Sorry, I was into some kind of ideal world then, I don't know what came over me.

Who is actually holding up the process of invoking article 50?
All of them actually, they dont even need to invoke it, all that is needed to leave the E.U. is "Repeal the European Communities 1972 Act", its that simple, but as the BBC get £71000 a month from the E.U. they aint gonna tell yeh that. its been mentioned in the House Of Lords By Lord Stoddart of Swindon but they aint told us that neither as far as i'm aware, http://www.theunituk.org.uk/2016/06/...ties-act-1972/
Barrie Yates likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 08-07-2016 at 19:01.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 22:40   #1046
Senior Member+

Hopefully Cashy it will be AL who gets the PM slot as she has said that she will invoke Article 50 immediately, the other possibility is that she will repeal the act and walk away from it all. The bluster from the EU and European politicians will fall by the wayside when German industry, particularly the car makers, tells the Fuhreress that they will not stand for any discriminatory tariffs against UK - they will lose so much money if they do and push Germany, and therefore other EU countries, towards bankruptcy
Old 09-07-2016, 07:26   #1047
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Hopefully Cashy it will be AL who gets the PM slot as she has said that she will invoke Article 50 immediately, the other possibility is that she will repeal the act and walk away from it all. The bluster from the EU and European politicians will fall by the wayside when German industry, particularly the car makers, tells the Fuhreress that they will not stand for any discriminatory tariffs against UK - they will lose so much money if they do and push Germany, and therefore other EU countries, towards bankruptcy
I would hope she wins, but regard her as best of a bad lot.if yeh check out T.M.s background i regard her as a very dangerous woman.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:11   #1048
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if yeh check out T.M.s background i regard her as a very dangerous woman.
Dis-May shouldn't be let anywhere near leadership, she couldn't deal with immigration as home secretary, she was instrumental in cutting police & border numbers & funding, but most importantly she is a self serving opportunist who was with the remain shower until the 11 hour, only to jump ship when she saw which way the wind was blowing! Despicable, hateful, ego maniacal, Witch!

Needs putting on that bonfire along with all the red tape/diktat crud from Brussels!
Old 14-07-2016, 17:07   #1049
God Member

What's all this horse manure coming out of Paris and Berlin? Seems like the frogs and the nazis are a tad peed off with the appointment of Boris to the Foreign Office. I know I don't know as much about him as I maybe should ... sure he looks a little goofy, and maybe he's somewhat eccentric; but he seems to have a brain, and he does speak fluent French. No doubt some of you guys think it's a dumb choice; but that's ok because you are British. And it's ok that Paris and Berlin ... oh, and let's not forget Brussels ... don't like him; but keep it private. Don't go rattling off in the media about something which is none of their goddam business.

Maybe they should take care of some of their own problems. The French President and his hairdresser have an approval of 17%. A skunk at a picnic is more popular. And the country is FUBAR.

[Just an aside: Obama, whom I know some of you don't like, is running at 50%! I kinda like Obama. He faced a hostile congress for most of his two terms ... straightened out the economy (the US jobless rate at 4.7% is the lowest in the developed world), and lots of other fun stuff including Obamacare. Not bad for a nigger whose middle name is Hussein]

And the Germans. Where else do major celebrations at New Years include mass sexual assault perpetrated not by Mexicans, but by middle-eastern migrants welcomed with open arms in their thousands.

Maybe it's time that Europe realized that the UK is once more a sovereign nation which is quite capable of making its own decisions, and making those decisions without giving a flying you-know-what about what Europe thinks.
Less likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 17:27   #1050
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think hes a good choice meself eric, hes a guy that wont be pee'd about imho.
Less and Eric like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..