Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2016, 17:54   #1051
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think hes a good choice meself eric, hes a guy that wont be pee'd about imho.
Now I've read just a little more about him, I agree.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2016, 18:10   #1052
Beacon of light

The French and the Germans are hacked off...of course they are and they think that pouring contempt on Boris Johnson is the way to go.....they have learned nothing about the British have they?
The vote to leave was precipitated by the attitude of EU politicians to our wishes to be in charge of our own destiny.
I could not give a flying fig about what the French finance minister thinks......and the deputy leader of the german SPD party has not much influence either.

I know that Boris Johnson might have offended people, but that is their problem......why should he be concerned about their opinion of him.
Let him get us out of that rats nest that is the EU.....and do it quickly.
hilleluk likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 18:37   #1053
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Margaret as far as i'm concerned yer spot on wi that last post, The E.U. are that stupid imho, if they had given cameron summat to come back with. i'm pretty sure the remain vote would have won? (not that i would have voted remain) so in essence, to me, its their own stupid fault, I have always maintained, the worse thing you can do to the british is threaten em and thats exactly what the E.U. and many remainers did, have just listened to Andrew Marr. and he virtually said as much.
Old 14-07-2016, 18:47   #1054
God Member

It's no real surprise that some nonentity Frog or Kraut politicians are peed off that we left them and their corrupt little club, but what pees me off is the lengths the metropolitan media (some of which is paid for by public money) will go to track down someone, anyone, who is willing to mouth off against the referendum result.

But, heh, listen to Pat Condell and have a chuckle.
Godless Comedy We Saved Our Democracy - Godless Comedy
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2016, 18:48   #1055
Beacon of light

Well, I haven't heard what Andrew Marr has said.....these are just my own honest opinions and thoughts.

I just think that many politicians think we all came up on the last shower of rain.....that we cannot see what is going on.

The EU have always treated us with ill concealed contempt.....there has never been any kind of respect that you would have for partners in trade.
I am pleased that Theresa May has given the jobs that relate to our leaving the EU to those politicians who really believe we will be better out of it.
Someone said this is so that if they fail, she can tell them 'well, you wanted to be out'
I don't really subscribe to this view. I think that she has given them the jobs because they will give it their all.

The fact that we now have a new PM gives some stability to the UK.
Now if those clowns who are playing sill burgers inside the Labour Party could get their act together, we could get down to the real business of getting the UK back on track.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 14-07-2016, 18:57   #1056
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The thing i dont like so far with T.M. is the fact she has left Hunt in his position, but i suspect she has done that so the Junior Docs dont think they have won by striking?
hilleluk likes this.
Old 14-07-2016, 22:16   #1057
Senior Member+

Quote:
The thing i dont like so far with T.M. is the fact she has left Hunt in his position, but i suspect she has done that so the Junior Docs dont think they have won by striking?
You are almost certainly correct on that Cashy - there are certain parallels with the foreign criticism of BJ - threaten Brits and we dig our heels in and become even more determined.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 15-07-2016, 06:55   #1058
Beacon of light

They aren't threatening Brits Barrie, but what they are doing is disrespecting us and our new PM.
She thinks he is capable of this job and until he has proved otherwise they should reserve judgement.
It is all very school playground stuff 'sucks yah boo'....Sour grapes. They would have been far better not to,have said anything at all. That would have been more dignified, but they are not dignified. They do not like it that the little Englanders have stood up to the bully that is the EU.

Oh, and just an aside. I do not consider the term 'Little Englander' to be an insult. I consider it to be(in my case anyway) a factual statement....I AM little and I AM from England.

A bit of good news....The BoE have increased confidence in this country by not cutting interest rates.
( this is what really sticks in the throats of the French and Germans - the doom and gloom they predicted so far, has not happened.....and yes I know that we are only at the start of what is a long journey....but we are Brits.....we take a rain mac when we go journeying)
Turtle and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-07-2016 at 06:58.
Old 16-07-2016, 07:48   #1059

Personally I am really pleased with this new style Government. I think Theresa May has done a good job. My only concern is Scotland and wee Nicoliar. The SNP should stop carping on about how the so called Scottish people voted and support this exit from the EU. Cannot come quick enough for me
cashman likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 09:40   #1060
Beacon of light

I have read that Theresa May will not invoke article 50, which starts the process of us leaving the EU, until Nicola Sturgeon agrees.
This is going against the will of the British people.
It allows Scotland to dictate the terms and conditions, it delays us getting the result which the majority of us voted for.
I am now distrustful of us getting out of the EU.
Old 16-07-2016, 10:07   #1061

Nickolia cannot stop the EU exit, she has no mandate for it, it was a democratic OUT vote from the whole of the UK
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 10:50   #1062
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Theresa May's Brexit warnings are increasingly barmy Well the media are soon getting bothered, that may be a good sign?
Eric and MargaretR like this.
Old 16-07-2016, 11:21   #1063
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have read that Theresa May will not invoke article 50, which starts the process of us leaving the EU, until Nicola Sturgeon agrees.
This is going against the will of the British people.
It allows Scotland to dictate the terms and conditions, it delays us getting the result which the majority of us voted for.
I am now distrustful of us getting out of the EU.
I have read the same, thought May was supposed to be a strong leader? bullshine it seems.
Old 16-07-2016, 12:15   #1064
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I have read the same, thought May was supposed to be a strong leader? bullshine it seems.
Thinking about this it seems to me May does not want to leave the E.U. despite her saying Brexit means Brexit. shes conning the British Public it seems to me. serves me right, Never trust a Tory.
Old 16-07-2016, 13:07   #1065
Beacon of light

I have read more about this now and it seems that the opinion of Nicola Sturgeon will be sought,but she can't veto the vote to leave....but she may delay it somewhat.
We just have to wait and see Cashy(that David Davis is in the group of politicians who will be negotiating the exit gives me some crumb of comfort as he has been staunchly against the EU).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..