Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2016, 05:41   #1111
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

As one of the many Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks, who voted to leave, I still do not understand why we have to negotiate terms to leave. Surely, we just leave altogether and then negotiate with the EU about how we trade with them, in the future.
Paying fees, to be part of the 'Single Market', should not be necessary.

I think our glorious leaders are afraid that the whole of Europe will refuse to buy anything off us. We import a more goods from EU countries, than we export and if they don't buy our stuff, we don't buy theirs.

If the politicians think that the people of Europe would accept that, I feel they are very much mistaken. Can you imagine Europe without Marmite, Fisherman's Friends and Heinz beans? It doesn't bear thinking about.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2016, 08:59   #1112
Beacon of light

I don't think the politicians think that EU countries will not buy from us.
After all we sell far less to the EU than we buy from them.
Like you I don't wish to be in a 'Norway' situation either......paying subs but having no say.......that is pretty much the position we were in before we decided to leave anyway. Our wishes and concerns were never heeded back then either.

You would think it would be easy.....just shut the door and tell them we don't play their games anymore.

I think that those who were using scare tactics are shocked to see that the things they predicted have not come to pass....this is despite the spending weeks talking down the UK.

I really think they were hoping that their predictions would come to pass and that we could go back, cap in hand, and ask to be let back in(shudder).
Despite the 'out' vote winning, there are many that would like to over turn this vote.

I am hoping that once parliament returns after the summer recess, there will be some move to sign Article 50.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 10:01   #1113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think the politicians think that EU countries will not buy from us.
After all we sell far less to the EU than we buy from them.
Like you I don't wish to be in a 'Norway' situation either......paying subs but having no say.......that is pretty much the position we were in before we decided to leave anyway. Our wishes and concerns were never heeded back then either.

You would think it would be easy.....just shut the door and tell them we don't play their games anymore.

I think that those who were using scare tactics are shocked to see that the things they predicted have not come to pass....this is despite the spending weeks talking down the UK.

I really think they were hoping that their predictions would come to pass and that we could go back, cap in hand, and ask to be let back in(shudder).
Despite the 'out' vote winning, there are many that would like to over turn this vote.

I am hoping that once parliament returns after the summer recess, there will be some move to sign Article 50.
I would hope so al;so, Teresa MAY,spoke very well when she took oer, but still shes a Tory and seeings believing as far as i'm concerned.
Old 28-08-2016, 10:18   #1114
Beacon of light

Well, just heard on the news that she is going to knock some heads together next week.
My main concern is that Philip Hammond was against leaving and he considers the single market to be a 'red line'......this is wrong in my opinion.
We do not need to worry about trade. Anyway our trade with the EU had shrunk.
I can't believe that countries within the EU would stop trading with us.....and if they did we could tell them where to stick their BMW's
Morecambe Ex Pat and Gremlin like this.
Old 29-08-2016, 19:27   #1115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well i have just attempted to tweet our M.P. about his support for a man who thinks the electorate need to rethink our Brexit decision, but i am unable too, he aint accepting tweets, In my view he should hang his head in shame, still come election time I and many others i know will remember.
Old 29-08-2016, 22:46   #1116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i have just attempted to tweet our M.P. about his support for a man who thinks the electorate need to rethink our Brexit decision, but i am unable too, he aint accepting tweets, In my view he should hang his head in shame, still come election time I and many others i know will remember.
Pretty sure he is away on holiday, his car hasn't been at his house for a couple of weeks now so he has probably left his comms equipment at home.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:54   #1117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Pretty sure he is away on holiday, his car hasn't been at his house for a couple of weeks now so he has probably left his comms equipment at home.
lol so our local MPs house is empty and it appears he is out of the area

sure glad my neighbors dont post on a public forum when im on holiday lol
Less and Rowlf like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 15:45   #1118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lol so our local MPs house is empty and it appears he is out of the area

sure glad my neighbors dont post on a public forum when im on holiday lol
Did I say that his house was empty and that he is out of the area?
Perhaps you should pay a little more attention to what is actually written.
Old 12-09-2016, 14:05   #1119
Senior Member+

the petition to Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately is scheduled to be debated on the 17th Oct
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:26   #1120
God Member

Just been announced that the high court has ruled that the PM cannot act alone to trigger Article 50 & MP's are to be given a vote on it although Theresa May can appeal against the decision . . . . . . it's not done & dusted yet

Last edited by AccyMad; 03-11-2016 at 10:34.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:55   #1121
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Absolute travesty, treacherous judiciary once again handing the British over to the undemocratic eu! As to the bitch that brought the case forward, she's not even British! UK is done, I really hate what has become of my country & I see no hope for her anymore due to brain dead, snivelling leftists & successive traitorous governments!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:58   #1122
Beacon of light

As I said way, way back we aren't out yet.
This means that the will of the people and democracy mean absolutely nothing.
The people cast their votes and the judiciary trashed their votes..So is there any point at all in voting?
Old 03-11-2016, 11:01   #1123
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Absolute travesty, treacherous judiciary once again handing the British over to the undemocratic eu! As to the bitch that brought the case forward, she's not even British! UK is done, I really hate what has become of my country & I see no hope for her anymore due to brain dead, snivelling leftists & successive traitorous governments!
Son...Nail, head, hit.
It shows that the judiciary do not respect democracy, do not want us to have a right to choose....have trounced the will of the majority.
Shame on them!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:55   #1124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The government should disband the judiciary simple as, if thats justice we dont need it. This to me is probably the result MAY wanted, and why article 50 was not invoked.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:50   #1125

Mrs May should call a general election, to be held as soon as possible. RULE BRITANNIA
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..