Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 13:06   #1126
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The government should disband the judiciary simple as, if thats justice we dont need it. This to me is probably the result MAY wanted, and why article 50 was not invoked.
I have to say that thought had crossed my mind too.......and It was uppermost in my mind shortly after the result was out.....I felt that the celebrations were premature.
Yet the Government has said it will appeal against this ruling...so we have to wait and see and live in hope that the groundswell of opinion that was demostrated by the vote to leave, is not ignored.
I bet the Barstewards in Brussels are rubbing their hands with glee(GRRRRR)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2016, 15:13   #1127
God Member

Is anyone who voted Leave really surprised at the judges' opinion?
Such a high-handed, we-know-better-than-you-peasants attitude is just another example of why the majority of British citizens voted to Leave in the first place.

And don't we just believe the comment from the Lord Chiel Justice that the decision had nothing to do with the referendum result? This from a man (public school and Oxbridge, obviously) who was a founding member of the European Law Institute, one of whose stated aims is to stimulate the development of EU law.

No doubt the champagne wholesalers will having to make additional deliveries tonight to the news rooms of the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 15:19   #1128
Beacon of light

nope. Not a bit surprised, which is why I said the celebration of the result should be muted....as we were a long long way from being out.
Isn't it justa smack in the face for democracy though, when one man can disregard the concensus of the electorate(OK, there may have been other judges involved, but the Lord Chief Justice is El Jefe...meaning if he says jump, they do and ask how high and for how long??)
Old 03-11-2016, 15:22   #1129
Beacon of light

and if the outcome is that we do not get out of the EU...that would not surprise me either.
The Head of the EU will not have learned anything by ouractions and I feel sure that they will find ways of making our existence in the EU(If we don't get out) pitiful.

I detest the EU and all it stands for....we were hoodwinked into a system which was sold to us as an instrument of trade...not a politically linked association.
Old 03-11-2016, 16:02   #1130
Full Member+

The judicial system is not fit for purpose in a lot of things. Letting folk off who should be put behind bars for 50 years and the ones they do send to jail are not there long. I wish someone would explain to me how only half a given sentence is served i.e. 4 yrs given would serve 2yrs .why not give 2 years in the first place. Seems all the judges live in ivory towers and have no knowledge of the likes of us.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:25   #1131
Senior Member+

The courts delay Brexit but will MP’s dare to vote against the peoples will, this would surely trigger a general election, where those MP’s would surely lose their jobs, funny thing is we didn’t need parliament to vote when we went in to EU but the courts say you do start an exit procedure
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:29   #1132
Beacon of light

Apparently we did need Parliament to vote us in..so they now say that the members and the peers need to vote us out.
So the shower of shi-ite has the whip hand unless the high court reverses this verdict.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 03-11-2016, 18:48   #1133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Apparently we did need Parliament to vote us in..so they now say that the members and the peers need to vote us out.
So the shower of shi-ite has the whip hand unless the high court reverses this verdict.
you are of coarse correct Margaret; I was getting mixed up with there not being a referendum for the people to vote in 1973
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:57   #1134
Beacon of light

I only know because the person who brought the action was spouting off about it.
He was going on about sovereignty of our parliament..but if the MP's vote to block Brexit then he can kiss sovereignty goodbye....and make way for droves of migrants with questionable backgrounds.
Old 03-11-2016, 22:43   #1135
Senior Member+

So, until the case goes before the Supreme Court, and even beyond that to the ECHR, we are saddled with a parliamentary vote, which if that does happen raises an interesting point.
I believe that a Hyndburn majority voted to leave, so will our elected representative follow the will of the majority of his electorate and vote leave, or will he put his self interest before democracy. I wait with unbated breath
Old 04-11-2016, 00:42   #1136
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
So, until the case goes before the Supreme Court, and even beyond that to the ECHR, we are saddled with a parliamentary vote, which if that does happen raises an interesting point.
I believe that a Hyndburn majority voted to leave, so will our elected representative follow the will of the majority of his electorate and vote leave, or will he put his self interest before democracy. I wait with unbated breath
i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the EU has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an E.U gravy train he wants to get on board

would you really believe him if he said he would vote to leave with his track record

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 22:30   #1137
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the eu has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an e.u gravy train he wants to get on board

would you really believe him if he said he would vote to leave with his track record
no !!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 17:05   #1138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i can assure you that he will most likely stab us in the back yet again as his position on the EU has been made very clear on repeated occasions

gots himself an E.U gravy train he wants to get on board

95% of the time we know exactly what he will do, the other 9% he does nothing.

Mind you I bet he's got a grate collection of manhole covers, he must keep an example of each one he so passionately campaigned about and managed to return to its rightful place.
(I still think that was the start of the slippery slope, (they gave him a job to look like he was doing something)).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 22:49   #1139
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A bit long winded in its entirety but worth a look, if it really is as easy as the author assumes, then why oh why is Tessie Maybe & her idiots not actioning this? Like I've said elsewhere, she & her crew are conniving & untrustworthy, there seems to be a hidden agenda.

http://moneyweek.com/dont-trigger-ar...50-just-leave/
cashman likes this.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:28   #1140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very interesting Dave, confirms to me what ive always suspected, May @ her cronies are conning the British Public, most M.P.s from both sides NEVER wanted to leave fact, and by triggering this useless article 50, they can either SLOW DOWN or Not Leave.suiting this scum down to the ground.The comments made since yeh posted it are interesting also.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 22-11-2016 at 12:31.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..