Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 10:04   #1231
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I read yesterday that McDonnel has appointed a new Chief of Staff, which I believe is funded by the taxpayers. Is it by coincidence that his family name is Corbyn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not at all its Corbyns son.
Well I must say I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! Who'd of thunk it? The Squealers at the tit of the public purse ...... promoting one of their own to also suckle at the swollen teat.

Whatever happened to meritocracy, oh yeah, silly me, we're talking about the politico classes here where it appears that the more useless & inept the character the higher they rise.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 09-07-2017 at 10:06.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2017, 20:07   #1232
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well I must say I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! Who'd of thunk it? The Squealers at the tit of the public purse ...... promoting one of their own to also suckle at the swollen teat.

Whatever happened to meritocracy, oh yeah, silly me, we're talking about the politico classes here where it appears that the more useless & inept the character the higher they rise.
It's very strange, my Dad was a nobody, (in the eyes of all but his family), thanks to his influence I and my syblings all grew up to be nobodies, we have spent our lives bringing up our children to be nobodies and so it goes on through the generations.

However by God, I would rather be part of a family of nobodies that actually help their family members and their neighbours than a member of a family that leech on the good will of others which is the family of politicians we nobodies seem stuck with!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 20:50   #1233
Beacon of light

Those who think they are 'nobodies' should watch the James Stewart film 'A wonderful Life'.

You might think you are a 'nobody' Less, but what you should see is that you are one of the little cogs that keeps this land turning...and without whom the big cogs(who THINK they are somebody) could not do their job. And a lost little cog can stop a whole machine.

I am sure that you and your siblings have contributed to the local community in some way or another...your presence may have given motivation/inspiration to someone else(without you even knowing it).
So I am sorry, I do not believe that anyone is a 'nobody'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 20:51   #1234
I am Banned

Residents in Havering - London's Brexit capital - have urged their council to vote for independence and takeBackControl from Sadiq Khan! ����
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:10   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The enemy within is the most pernicious and the most damaging.
Defeating them takes a lot of cunning and resolve.
United we stand ...Divided we fall
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 22:01   #1236
I am Banned

To the government we are bees, alone we can be squashed, but as a hive we can cause damage
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 08:35   #1237
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's very strange, my Dad was a nobody, (in the eyes of all but his family), thanks to his influence I and my syblings all grew up to be nobodies, we have spent our lives bringing up our children to be nobodies and so it goes on through the generations.
no such thing as being a nobody. everyone is somebody to someone. its this celeb lot who think they are somebody, but are no more a somebody than a man or woman you pass in the street.

Last edited by Neil; 18-07-2017 at 13:14. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:24   #1238
God Member

Other than the liberal lackeys who infect the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation, does Bliar really think any thinking person will believe it when he says the EU will change its rules on immigration?
It was barely a year ago Cameroon came home with his tail between his legs after being told nothing would change.
Having said that, hearing the con-artist Bliar tell us that we got it wrong is the best news for some time for those of us who voted LEAVE (and who will continue to hold our MPs to that decision until we are out of that dysfunctional dictatorship). Wonder how much Gina Miller paid him?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:33   #1239
God Member

if you want the truth listen to what blair tells you to do and then do the opposite. might even get things right then. if he was a weather forcaster i,d take a brolly if he forecast sun.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:46   #1240

His comments today on Radio 4, sounded to me, as if he was being paid by the Corrupt EU to put another agenda forward. Blair has no credibility he is a liar, and would do just about anything for money. All I want is for the UK to come out of the EU having paid them not a toss, I would rather have a no deal and just leave, than this rubbish that Blair has come out with.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:58   #1241
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I just wish Blair would sod off and quietly die.
Old 15-07-2017, 12:00   #1242
God Member

actually i just don,t think we,ll ever leave the EU club. just a feeling i have thats all without any proof.
Old 15-07-2017, 12:05   #1243
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
actually i just don,t think we,ll ever leave the EU club. just a feeling i have thats all without any proof.
Have to disagree i'm pretty certain we will.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 12:05   #1244
Beacon of light

I also despair of ever getting out. (But I have hope)
There are too many two faced duplicitous liars and cheats conspiring against the democratic will of the people who voted to leave.

As for Tony Blair, it is time that he got what is coming to him.
I hope I live long enough to see him get his cakes and ale.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 12:15   #1245
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I can honestly say I despise Blair as much as i did Thatcher, and i never thought that would ever be possible,
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..