Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2017, 18:44   #1276
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Because Cashy, you can only really comment on your own experiences. They are the only things that are relevant.
Like being in court...the only things you can report are the things you have seen for yourself.
As I said, I have no doubt that you were affected by your experiences...and that is why your opinions are what they are.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2017, 19:05   #1277
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have great respect for Cashy and Less...I can understand where they are coming from.
I also understand the animosity which the subject provokes.

Margaret Thatcher and her government did me no favours, but I can see that there were very difficult choices to be made it was a time of much unrest.(IRA, Miners Strike, Falklands war.political instability to mention just a fewissues)
We can say that we lived through it...it is past, but we remember the hard times...and I think they were harder then than they are now(just my opinion...which is worth nowt)

There is room for opinions of all shades and it would be a very boring life if we all thought the same thing.
I have no problem with other views so long as we can discuss them, when someone can't come up with a better (or is that bitter) retort than 'YAWN', should that person be considered a truthful thinking person? Or should they just be considered a biased insulting individual?

I lived through the Thatcher years obviously her experience during that time was different to my own, would I wish her to have anything less?

No, of course not, compared with many she was lucky, that doesn't mean anything I or others experienced should be pushed to one side by a smug, 'YAWN'.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 19:38   #1278
Beacon of light

No, of course it doesn't Less. We are shaped by our experiences, they make us who we are...and of course how we see things now is affected by what we went through in the past.
I did not have yours or Cashy's experiences. It was a tough time for many people and as I said, she and her government did me no favours...but we lived through it.

Yes, sensible discussion is the bread and butter of the forum and makes it the interesting place that it is
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:00   #1279
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Meanwhile, in other news .....

Without money from UK the EU will be on brink of collapse | Express Comment | Comment | Express.co.uk

A good article to read & lays bare a few nasty little eu secrets.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:13   #1280
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Meanwhile, in other news .....

Without money from UK the EU will be on brink of collapse | Express Comment | Comment | Express.co.uk

A good article to read & lays bare a few nasty little eu secrets.
It will make little difference to the re-moaners, yeh cant put sense where there is none, me grandma always said.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:34   #1281
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It will make little difference to the re-moaners, yeh cant put sense where there is none, me grandma always said.
the re-moaners know no better and that,s their problem. been brought up with it and believe everything or most things about it. got to be well over 40 to remember when it didn,t exist in any form. used to be called brainwashing.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 09:44   #1282
Beacon of light

This is a very interesting article and although I have no real financial nous(other than balancing a home budget) I have always said that the EU needs us (and of course, our cash) far more than we need it.
This article goes to show that we put far more in than we get out...and there are 27 countries in this alliance but only eight pay club fees....What is that all about eh?

If you join the club...you pay the fees.
There has never been...nor ever will be any kind of level playing field in this undemocratic organisation.

If we were so dear(and paid so much in) why does the EU persist in its bullying tactics?

It is time we gave them one finger and told them to shove off.
Old 22-07-2017, 11:52   #1283
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

It is time we gave them one finger and told them to shove off.
Thats been my view for many awhile, Even the so called Tory Brexiteers are now saying we need a few years transition after 2019, well they can all get stuffed as far as i'm concerned, Boris @ Mogg are the ones with balls.
Old 22-07-2017, 14:34   #1284
Beacon of light

I think that if all negotiations are not completed by 2019 (and there is a good chance with how they're going right now, that they won't be) we shut the door on the whole business and walk.
It is in their(the EU's) interests to delay things as much as possible.
We should be giving them a list of what we want and telling them that if that is not to their liking,we will just walk.
It might speed things up a bit.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 22-07-2017, 17:08   #1285

I honestly hope this Brexit happens in 2019, but I have my doubts.
Corbyn and the Labour Party, Lib Dems, Scottish Nazi Party and the one Green, are determined to put every obstacle in the way.
monkey hanger likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 17:13   #1286

Oh! Should have mentioned Ken Clark and the Soubry woman, plus a few other Conservatives are a problem as well
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-07-2017, 17:23   #1287
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Oh! Should have mentioned Ken Clark and the Soubry woman, plus a few other Conservatives are a problem as well
those are complete barstewards, but i honestly dont think they will risk a corbyn government, they will put up with may.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 22-07-2017, 17:35   #1288

I agree with you over T May, but all the other parties want a debate and a vote on any part of the agreement they don't like, consequently holding everything up. They would be a bunch of barstewards as you put it if they did. That word barstewards did make me laugh
cashman likes this.
Old 23-07-2017, 13:02   #1289
Beacon of light

Michel Barnier is asking that any EU migrant who stays in the U.K. after Brexit be entitled to claim child benefit for children NOT resident here....and to be allowed to send this money home.
David Davies has said this is not going to happen.
Just more evidence of how the EU wants to fleece the UK...and makes ridiculous demands as part of the negotiations to slow things down.

Get us out NOW!
Old 23-07-2017, 14:57   #1290
I am Banned

Quote:
Michel Barnier is asking that any EU migrant who stays in the U.K. after Brexit be entitled to claim child benefit for children NOT resident here....and to be allowed to send this money home.
David Davies has said this is not going to happen.
Just more evidence of how the EU wants to fleece the UK...and makes ridiculous demands as part of the negotiations to slow things down.

Get us out NOW!
I wonder how many of them are already gettin benefits for their children in their home country as well. Good on you David Davies stick to you guns. Best brexit would be to chuck a fiver ont table and say thats it were out as from now, just remember 1918 & 1945, you met your match then, you can meet it again if you want.

Last edited by Retlaw; 23-07-2017 at 15:01.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..