Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 19:43   #1306
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Well, there is one article in that newspaper that suggests we will soon be having another referendum...I think his name is Bogdanor.
I will look for a link.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2017, 19:45   #1307
Beacon of light

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lock-life-raft

There you go!
Old 03-08-2017, 20:11   #1308
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So, from the link do we take it that if brexit is going to be difficult we should meekly look for a reason to stay?

Perhaps have another referendum, capitulate, give in, allow others to walk all over us?

Ye Gods! my Father must be spinning faster than a formula 1's turbo, he and others didn't bring us up to give in just because life get's a little difficult, NOW, is the time for us all to get behind the facts, the vote is in, we are out and let's all make sure that we are allowed by our democratic decision to leave when we decide to leave, If Europe wants to go it alone, without our guidance, why should we have any regrets?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:42   #1309
God Member

Quote:
C'mon, Margaret!
The Grauniad?
That's just the print version of the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:45   #1310
Beacon of light

Yes and I know.
It is not something I actually read regularly, but when looking for the link about the EU meddling in Polands affairs...I spotted that gem.(I could not locate the link to the original story i had read in some other paper...I read a very wide variety of online news articles)
I have to say nothing causes my Hackles to rise faster than articles in this apology for a newspaper.
I read articles with my teeth gritted and steam coming out of my ears(not a pretty sight)
Old 06-08-2017, 15:43   #1311
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

As it's a Sunday most of my day is spent perusing the tabloids & broadsheets, at some point today I read an article about UK putting forward a sum of Ł36 Bn to advance "Divorce talks", yet x hours later Brexiteer John Redwood is pretty much saying it' a load of owd cobblers! Personally I'm in agreement with the lad, for my thinking the eu should be paying us especially since we've pretty much funded quite a large chunk to this dictatorial, cronyist corrupt organisation.

Brexit news - 'Completely ridiculous' Tory MP shreds Ł36bn divorce bill | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Less and hilleluk like this.
Old 06-08-2017, 15:55   #1312
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
for my thinking the eu should be paying us especially since we've pretty much funded quite a large chunk to this dictatorial, cronyist corrupt organisation.
Couldn't agree more, unfortunately, because it is a dictatorial, cronyist corrupt organisation, it is only natural that they would expect us to bankrupt ourselves trying to get away from them.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 16:30   #1314
Beacon of light

Let's not pay them a sous, a red cent, a penny.
What are they going to do about it....Chuck us out?
Well good...it will save all the argy bargy going on right now.
This figure of 36 billion is supposed to be what we would pay over a four year period.
Old 06-08-2017, 16:50   #1315

Theresa May should come onto the TV and make a statement, and tell us exactly what is going on. All these rumours have to stop. Hammond and Gove are causing the most problems, not forgetting Labour, Lib Dems, The menacing SNP, and the one Green.
DaveinGermany likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 21:54   #1316
Beacon of light

Brexit news - Gina Miller lashes Brexit 'lies' and backs 'punishment' for MP's | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Another of the bitter remoaners...wanting those she feels misrepresented Brexit to be punished.
The ones who should really be punished are the lot that sold us down the river by telling the electorate it was 'a trading arrangement'. No such thing.
It has taken the politicians four decades to listen to the will of the people.

Does Gina Miller think that we swallowed whole, the pap that was fed to us prior to the vote.
These were politicians we are talking about. Their stock in trade is obfuscation, outright lies and on a good day half truths
I think those who actually went and voted were just glad to have the opportunity to do so...and yes, of course the sensible amongst us knew that it was never going to easy.
But, is it right NOT to try something because it might be a bit tough?
Not in my book it isn't.
When you look at the way that the mandarins in the EU have talked/treated us since the vote...you would have to have spit for brains to want to stay.

The sooner we ditch this self serving,corrupt, undemocratic organisation the better.
I have a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon(it was gifted to me) that will be used to toast our exit...if and when that day comes.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:20   #1317
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Brexit news - Gina Miller lashes Brexit 'lies' and backs 'punishment' for MP's | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Another of the bitter remoaners...wanting those she feels misrepresented Brexit to be punished.
Not a problem with the suggestion, just as long as it covers all politicoes whichever side of the fence they were, I seem to recall the cleglet & tim terribly dim denying the eu wanted its own military, or further unified integration for a start, that should give the despicable witch something to chew over.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26   #1318
Beacon of light

Yes, and at the end of the article this woman does make the point that lies were told by both sides....but she notes that 'fear' was used as a lever to get votes...well, correct me if I am wrong but it seemed to me those who wanted to remain were the ones who were spreading doom and an Armageddon scenario if we ditched the EU.
That was HER side.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:42   #1319
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gina Miller is nowt but an arrogant self serving bitch simple as.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:55   #1320
God Member

The sooner we ditch this self serving,corrupt, undemocratic organisation the better.
I have a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon(it was gifted to me) that will be used to toast our exit...if and when that day comes.[/QUOTE]

hope you will be able to drink your bottle margaret but i,ve always had this fear that i,ll believe we,ve left when it actually happens. don,t trust politicians even those who say they want out to deliver us who can,t wait to get out our wishes. think another reforendum will come up after all the talks have finalised and the remoaners will get their way with the extra votes the brain washed younger generation will use.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..