Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 15:28   #1336
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Here is a few paragraph's from an article printed today in the Newcastle Chronicle
by Jonathan Walker

BRITAIN WOULD HAVE VOTED TO REMAIN HAD IT BEEN BETTER EDUCATED,
ACADEMICS CLAIM

New research suggests the nation would have voted against Brexit if more of us had gone to university

The UK could have voted against Brexit if voters had been better educated,
academics have said

A new paper suggests that a university education was the 'predominant factor' dividing
those who voted Remain and those who voted Leave

It even made more difference than age or income, according to the document

And if just 3% more people had gone to university then the results of last year's EU referendum, when the UK voted to quit the EU, could have been different.

The findings were published by academics from the university of Leicester

They produced data showing the cities such as Sunderland have a low proportion of
people who have been through higher education and voted to leave the EU - while areas
such as Lambeth and camden in London have a high proportion of graduates and voted to remain
I am always, always sceptical of research.
I need to know who commissioned and paid for it(research is never cheap)
I want to know what backgrounds the commissioner had.
I want to know what criteria was used to determine who respondents would be.
I need to know what the questions were...how they were couched(we all know that some questions can be loaded to lead the respondent)
I want to know what commissioners wanted to prove.
I want to how many people were in the samples and what the 'control' was.
There is very little truly independent research.

I agree with Cashy on this one...though I would really rather they didn't kiss my butt...I might catch something.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2017, 15:38   #1337
Beacon of light

Here is another one of those Remoaners stories.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/stop-eu-ex...-business.html

Each time one of these articles is printed, those mandarins in the EU must rub their hands with glee.
I would not put it past them to be paying these disillusioned folk to spout these views to unsettle those who voted out.

Article 50 has been activated...it is time for all the politicians to realise this, roll their sleeves up and fulfil the democratic will of the people.
These negative reports are unhelpful and divisive.
Old 09-08-2017, 16:32   #1338
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Here is a few paragraph's from an article printed today in the Newcastle Chronicle
by Jonathan Walker

BRITAIN WOULD HAVE VOTED TO REMAIN HAD IT BEEN BETTER EDUCATED,
ACADEMICS CLAIM

New research suggests the nation would have voted against Brexit if more of us had gone to university

The UK could have voted against Brexit if voters had been better educated,
academics have said

A new paper suggests that a university education was the 'predominant factor' dividing

It even made more difference than age or income, according to the document

And if just 3% more people had gone to university then the results of last year's EU referendum, when the UK voted to quit the EU, could have been different.

The findings were published by academics from the university of Leicester

They produced data showing the cities such as Sunderland have a low proportion of
people who have been through higher education and voted to leave the EU - while areas
such as Lambeth and camden in London have a high proportion of graduates and voted to remain
We've had this before, the ill-educated voted brexit, and if it's true, we are ill-educated because Our politicians had and still do ignore the education of the masses, we have been promised smaller classes and more qualified teachers since before I was born.

What happens? M.P.'s and bankers make mistakes and what is one of the first things they cut back on? edification, edukation, edukatshun!

Don't blame the people, don't call the people, get the people on your side M.P.'s by actually giving what you promise before we put an X on the ballot paper.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 16:58   #1339
Beacon of light

I really think that the elite(or those who THINK themselves elite) do not want the masses to be educated.
Educated people are much harder to control and subdue because they are capable of analytical/critical thought.
Gullible people believe the promises of these lying politicians.
Look at Jeremy Corbyn...he 'bought' the votes of students by telling them that they could have free tuition and historical student debt cancelled.
Now if these students had asked themselves where he was going to get the money to fund this, they might have considered their options a little differently.

So, maybe experience of life trumps a university education after all!

My education was achieved in the University of life...the one of hard knocks.
I made myself responsible for my continued learning...and I am still taking classes.
Old 09-08-2017, 18:38   #1340
God Member

What has university got to with intelligence?
Every half-arsed collection of portacabins calls itself a University and any gormless eejit can get into one these days as long as they bring along their tuition fees.
University Academics are just another self-serving set of twerps living off benefits.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 18:40   #1341
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
What has university got to with intelligence?
Every half-arsed collection of portacabins calls itself a University and any gormless eejit can get into one these days as long as they bring along their tuition fees.
University Academics are just another self-serving set of twerps living off benefits.
Aye but they can vote twice.
Old 09-08-2017, 18:43   #1342
Beacon of light

It teaches folk to be devious, that their needs or desires are paramount...that you have to do what you have to do regardless of how it may impact on others.
Other than that, being a graduate does not signify intelligence.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:46   #1343
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Universitys don't educate, it's where the easily lead are subjugated with leftist pathetic attitudes, half the courses are worthless anyway & it's the domain for the lazy generally!

Education my arse!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:18   #1344
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1199159, half the courses are worthless anyway & it's the domain for the lazy generally!

Education my arse![/QUOTE]

its back to my mate blair again dave. increased university places and wanted even more to go. more to do with lowering youth unemployment at the time than giving a worthwhile further education. back in what they called the bad old days of grammar schools only the top few in the A stream went to what the call now uni and the rest of us actually got a job, worked and studied for proffesional qualification via night school or correspondance courses. so going to university means us thick buggers who actually got O levels when they ment something no sod all. its them that no sod all.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 14:52   #1345
God Member

Being a private school/Oxford educated son of a law LECTURER, Bliar's primary aim in massively expanding tertiary education was to keep left-wing academics in jobs.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 13:56   #1346
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I really do hope this does happen, Hammond is a spineless europhile & should never have been let anywhere near Brexit negotiations, Krud .... the less said about her the better & as for the self serving witch Sourby bumping her gums about leaving if it doesn't go her way, for me the sooner the better, in fact to burst her smugness bubble DisMay should kick her out in ignominy rather than have her resign!

Bring in the Moggie & give the Nige an advisory position on the Brexit team, after all he's got an inside line on the eu cesspool dwellers & their antics.

Theresa May told to boot out Remainers and create pro-Brexit cabinet | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Old 13-08-2017, 16:27   #1347
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So who does actually run europe? Once more Mutti speaks & europe gets condemned! For all you idiot remainers, this is what you'll be getting if you insist on staying in the eu, unlimited enforced 3rd world encroachment, authorised from the new Reichs chancellery & Führerbunker.

Merkel: ?EU Can Take 40,000 More Migrants?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-08-2017, 16:36   #1348
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So who does actually run europe? Once more Mutti speaks & europe gets condemned! For all you idiot remainers, this is what you'll be getting if you insist on staying in the eu, unlimited enforced 3rd world encroachment, authorised from the new Reichs chancellery & Führerbunker.

What are the chances she plans to dump them all here before we can finalise Brexit?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 16:43   #1349

Please, save us that
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 16:55   #1350
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Son...I think that is what you call a 'rhetorical question'.

At least they are calling them what they are...MIGRANTS...not refugees.

I think the EU model of having the whole continent and probably the world 'coffee coloured' with no national specific identity is a realistic possibility...though please Lord...not in my lifetime!
They are mostly young men who come...so it natural that they will want to mate....and the resultant children will be mixed race.
They really do seem to want to wipe out the white European as a race.

This will fulfil the Coudenhove- Kalergi vision of a submissive population...drones to work, with no real nationality.
This is a form of ethnic cleansing...social engineering of the worst order
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-08-2017 at 16:58.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..