Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2017, 18:41   #1381
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Well after listening to the news tonight as far as i'm concerned the U.K.should just tell em to shove it, and walk away from the E.U. tosspots.
Old 15-08-2017, 18:57   #1382
God Member

That's been my view since the day after the referendum, Cashy, and, since then, the prattling and posturing from the politicians and civil servants (not to mention the manipulative mendacity of the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) has confirmed it's the only sensible option.
KiTChener and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 19:22   #1383
Beacon of light

Yes...I have been saying that from the outset.
The mandarins in Brussels are doing everything to slow negotiations down and put obstacles in the way of a settlement....and then the politicians here are involved in their own wranglings even within the Tory party.
It's time someone knocked some heads together.
KiTChener likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 15:38   #1384

Headline news today...Brexit talks are DEADLOCKED:

It is obvious to me the EU do not want us to leave, so every obstacle will be put in our way. I personally am sick and tired of the whole thing...We should tell the EU what we want, give them a time scale, if that is not met, walk away. If they decide to put tarrifs on our goods we can do exactly the same thing to there's. This is to great a country with lots of potential, we will be fine.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 16:21   #1385
Beacon of light

They do not want to negotiate...they have no intention of negotiating. We should just tell them to stick the EU where a monkey shoves his nuts...and walk away.
As for tariffs...if they want tariffs then we can play that game too...we actually buy more from them than we sell to them.

It just shows the kind of dictatorship the EU is...they want all their own way and a bag to put it in.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-08-2017, 17:49   #1386
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They have little intention of handing us a fair deal, cos those other countries that are considering a referendum will not do so if we get a bad deal. trouble is most M.P.s are too slow to see it.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:24   #1387
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They have little intention of handing us a fair deal, cos those other countries that are considering a referendum will not do so if we get a bad deal. trouble is most M.P.s are too slow to see it.
said the same cashy from day one. it would possibly start a break up of the EU and they don,t want that. as i,ve said before money talks, unfortunatly those in the EU do also. for all those like me who want out as quickly as possible do not hold your breath.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:43   #1388
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Blair had a meeting with Barnier yesterday, theres a pic of it in the Daily Express, looked to me like hes giving him one.obvious what the Chief Remoaner was saying.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-09-2017, 15:00   #1389
Beacon of light

Cashy, it was Tony Blair kissing the face cheeks of Jean Claude Drunker(juncker)....he had already kissed his bum cheeks years ago.

The Brexit talks are farcical. You cannot negotiate with someone who clearly has no intention of negotiating anything.
They want to bully us...all I want is for the politicians to tell Michel Barnier to 'sit on it and swivel'...and let the whistle for any money.

The value of U K trade to the 27 EU countries is in the region of £300 billion....goods and services.
Another thing is that the UK are the third biggest contributors...and without our contribution the French and the Germans would be left picking up the tab.
I am sure this is not something they are keen on.
Old 01-09-2017, 16:02   #1390
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, it was Tony Blair kissing the face cheeks of Jean Claude Drunker(juncker)....he had already kissed his bum cheeks years ago.

The Brexit talks are farcical. You cannot negotiate with someone who clearly has no intention of negotiating anything.
They want to bully us...all I want is for the politicians to tell Michel Barnier to 'sit on it and swivel'...and let the whistle for any money.

The value of U K trade to the 27 EU countries is in the region of £300 billion....goods and services.
Another thing is that the UK are the third biggest contributors...and without our contribution the French and the Germans would be left picking up the tab.
I am sure this is not something they are keen on.
Aye well i got mixed up but was still an E.U. Dinosaur.
Old 01-09-2017, 18:00   #1391
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Blair had a meeting with Barnier yesterday, theres a pic of it in the Daily Express, looked to me like hes giving him one.obvious what the Chief Remoaner was saying.
probebly saying to barmier in the words of fu manchu, trust me i will return.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 18:06   #1392
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
probebly saying to barmier in the words of fu manchu, trust me i will return.
It was actually junker i ballsed up.
Old 01-09-2017, 18:33   #1393
Beacon of light

It's OK Cashy...they are all a shower of she-ite (sorry...the EU and anything concerning it just gets my goat) so you can be forgiven because one turd looks very much like another.
Some are just browner and smellier(sorry if you are just having your tea).
Old 02-09-2017, 08:35   #1394

There is an old saying...The man who maketh no mistakes dosn't maketh anything.
All the posts you do, there is bound to be one or two errors.
Margaret's comments were priceless
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11   #1395
Beacon of light

Thank you Bea...I just say it how I see it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..