Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2017, 12:27   #1396
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

So Michel Barnier is going to teach the UK (a lesson)about the consequences of leaving the single market...This was said at a gathering of the elite Ambrosetti Forum on the lakes of Lake Como and was not for public consumption but somehow(I think it was The Times)it found its way into the public domain.
How condescendingly arrogant of the man.

For those who voted to stay...i hope you have realised what lengths this corrupt, money gobbling, undemocratic organisation will go to to prevent us having a say.

It is quite clear to me that these negotiators do not want the UK to secure a deal, they want the UK to fail in the negotiations as this will deter other members who maybe thinking of heading for the door, just how hard it is.
I just wish that David Davis and Co would tell them to 'stuff it' and leave.
Less, cashman, hilleluk and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-09-2017 at 12:29.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2017, 13:05   #1397
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its also about time the"Media" told the public the truth about what is going on with these corrupt gets imho, they avoid doing so simply cos they wanted to Remain.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-09-2017, 13:15   #1398
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

They won't tell them to stuff it probably going to balls up leaving as well, because the only country that ever applied all of the EU'S rules & regs without choosing to ignore the ones they don't like is this one.
So instead of just pulling out for the good of us all they will do the gentlemanly thing and adhere to negotiating terms even to our detriment.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 13:38   #1399
Beacon of light

Less, there is no change there then.
The UK has ALWAYS followed the rules to the letter(some would say slavishly).
Other countries in the EU(notably France) pick and choose which bits of the legislation they will and will not follow.

France has the same ECHR rules, but seem to interpret them in a way which is in line with French culture....our judiciary interpret the rules to the detriment of British culture...but they are the same set of rules.
The French can deport undesirables regardless of whether they have a Persian cat...or a French wife.
Yet here the judges fall over themselves to accommodate the right for a foreign thug to have a family life.
If you doubt this, just ask the Houston family who lost their daughter to a hit and run driver who should not have been here.

It is all getting very tedious.
This wrangling and lack of progress. This obstructive and uncompromising attitude of the EU mandarins...I was going to call them diplomats, but they are to diplomacy what Arthur Scargill is to opera singing.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-09-2017, 14:18   #1400

I don't doubt it, I often wonder out of the people that live on my street (it's a long street), how many of my neighbours have a legal right to be here?
I can't tell a good un from a bad un because it's very much a closed community of which I seem to be an outsider.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 04-09-2017, 15:07   #1401

Well I'm trying to look on the optimistic side of these negotiations, but every day the optimism is getting less and less. The Labour party are giving the EU hope, that we might not leave. Kim Jem Corbyn and his Comrades are going all out to Scupper a deal
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 15:15   #1402

Optimism is the false hope you clung onto yesterday after all things can't get worse can they?
As for labour, they are wasting their time, the rest of the EU will make life difficult without their help, we were only allowed in so the rest of Europe could milk us, now they will send us to the slaughterhouse rather than allow a decent settlement (we are negotiating with foreigners they never play fair).
Old 04-09-2017, 16:35   #1403

What we need is a strong, honest, politician that has the guts to realise that no matter what the EU place in our path we will have our way.
I don't mean a Hitler that wishes to exterminate any threat that may come our way, we need someone that has the interests of the nation at heart.
We need to finish with Europe and consider further trade with the Commonwealth, allowed because we aren't hindered by the corrupt continent.

Where will we find such a courageous soul?

I don't know, but I believe, not all our politicians are corrupt and in it for the easy money, (I also believe in Father Christmas) there must be a person out there that at the last moment will stand true for us all, (it's happened before in history), I just hope that whomsoever this person is they have more nouse about them than superman, after all that daft sod wears his underpants on the outside!
Old 04-09-2017, 21:02   #1404
Beacon of light

That is the million dollar question Less.
I wish I had the answer.
What i do know though is that while ever the government pull in different directions, while ever they continue the rancorous in fighting, the EU are rubbing their hands with glee.
I know that whatever their differences, they need to be put aside FOR THE SAKE OF THE COUNTRY.

The EU love the thought that the democratic process might just come a cropper. They do not like democracy, they do not believe in democracy, they do not believe we should be allowed to have a say in the future of this country.
To determine the direction in which we go.
The last thing those in the EU want is for the UK to succeed...for them to promote a united front...because it is a united front which wins battles.
What we really need is a good poker player...one who would be willing to call the bluff of those sat at the table...someone who would walk away rather than accept the crumbs that they want us to have.
Less, KiTChener and cashman like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-09-2017 at 21:05.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59   #1405
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1200873]
We need to finish with Europe and consider further trade with the Commonwealth, allowed because we aren't hindered by the corrupt continent.

the reason i voted against joining the original coomon market in the 70,s was that we were part of a common market already for our exports it was called the british commonwealth where a lot of our goods were sold when we actually did a lot of manufacturing in this country. it was a good day for european car manufacturers when we joined when they sold their products in much larger numbers here and in commonwealth countries.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 15:05   #1406
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Once again the eu & ecj stamping wilfully over sovereign nations right to self govern, how can the useful idiot remainers not see the eu for what it really is?

Migrant crisis - ECJ rejects Hungary and Slovakia's claim against refugee quotas | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

We really do need to get the hell out & right now!
Old 06-09-2017, 15:38   #1407
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Once again the eu & ecj stamping wilfully over sovereign nations right to self govern, how can the useful idiot remainers not see the eu for what it really is?

Migrant crisis - ECJ rejects Hungary and Slovakia's claim against refugee quotas | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Never a truer word spoken Dave.
Old 06-09-2017, 15:49   #1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Perhaps it's the old and ill educated members of these Countries that are objecting to the EU rulings? Or maybe it's their students?

Nah, I think just about every free thinking member of every Country is sick to the back teeth of how they are forced to do what the corrupt and bullying EU insist they should do, it's not just us that are peaced off with the way things are!

Last edited by Less; 06-09-2017 at 15:51.
Old 06-09-2017, 16:14   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps it's the old and ill educated members of these Countries that are objecting to the EU rulings? Or maybe it's their students?

Nah, I think just about every free thinking member of every Country is sick to the back teeth of how they are forced to do what the corrupt and bullying EU insist they should do, it's not just us that are peaced off with the way things are!
That may be our advantage?

Instead of fighting this bureaucracy alone we should have a referendum of all the member states and find how dissatisfied everyone else is?

Obviously the main powers want to see us driven into the ground (a couple of them can't stand the way we've always stood up to their bullying warlike ways, (Parley vous Deutsche?) with our winning bullying warlike ways).

Maybe we have enough friends among the rest if we encourage them to speak out against what is wrong?

Last edited by Less; 06-09-2017 at 16:19.
Old 06-09-2017, 19:15   #1410
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
and find how dissatisfied everyone else is?
Well I think the Belgiques are a tad miffed & when the rest of the "Payees" see where their hard earned is going, they too may be somewhat dischuffed!

European Union - Brussels locals furious at EU plans to rebuild Parliament | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..