Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 09:40   #1411
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Lawks & Lummy! Whatever will the delicate little prissy remoaner snowflakes do now? The eu promised lower roaming tariffs so obviously a reason to demand UK stay tied to the eu ....... well I never, those pesky providers have upped their charges in general & there's not a damned thing the europrats can do about it.

How stupid can some people be?

European Union - Danish customers complain about price rises over EU roaming charge scheme | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
Old 09-09-2017, 10:15   #1412
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Lawks & Lummy! Whatever will the delicate little prissy remoaner snowflakes do now? The eu promised lower roaming tariffs so obviously a reason to demand UK stay tied to the eu ....... well I never, those pesky providers have upped their charges in general & there's not a damned thing the europrats can do about it.

How stupid can some people be?

European Union - Danish customers complain about price rises over EU roaming charge scheme | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
That question should be aimed at the fools that wanted to remain,
Old 09-09-2017, 10:30   #1413
Beacon of light

I think the answer to that son is... very stupid...a bit like those brainless(or maybe the kinder term would be gullible...lacking in life experience) students who, when told the St Jezza was going to abolish tuition fees and wipe out student debt...voted for him in their droves...and these are the one who are supposed to have some modicum of intelligence...enough to get them INTO uni anyway
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 16:03   #1414
Beacon of light

It seems that our representative in Westminster followed the instructions of his Lord and master and voted with the Liebour party...despite the fact that the large majority of those who voted in his constituency, voted to get out of the EU.
He, and the Liebour party want to create chaos and division...in a most undemocrstic way.
Less, KiTChener, cashman and 2 others like this.
Old 12-09-2017, 16:33   #1415

Dennis Skinner was called a Scab by his fellow MP's, at least he is a man of principle, Corbyn has always been anti EU, right up to the point he could see a way of damaging the Conservatives and the UK. I never thought I would say well done Dennis Skinner
Barrie Yates likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 16:40   #1416
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It seems that our representative in Westminster followed the instructions of his Lord and master and voted with the Liebour party...despite the fact that the large majority of those who voted in his constituency, voted to get out of the EU.
He, and the Liebour party want to create chaos and division...in a most undemocrstic way.
a complete sell out of the people of Hyndburn who by majority voted Leave, i'm sorry but our M.P.should do the same as far as i'm concerned.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 12-09-2017, 17:10   #1417
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
a complete sell out of the people of Hyndburn who by majority voted Leave, i'm sorry but our M.P.should do the same as far as i'm concerned.
He is thicker than his skin therefore he will continue what he does as he does, after all he proved that we are ill-educated when he managed a larger majority at the last election.
KiTChener likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 17:51   #1418
Beacon of light

No Less...what he proved was....those who voted for him are the ones who are ill educated.
Some people vote without thought because they have been'brainwashed' (for want of a better word) to vote for anything travelling under a Labour banner.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 12-09-2017, 19:17   #1419
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not keen on this, DisMay really doesn't fill me with confidence especially when looking at her track record. I'm presuming this "Game changing" speech will go one of two ways

1. You've had your chance & blown it, we're out of here, we'll call you some time! (preferred option)

or

2. Of course we'll give you what you want & we'll even provide the pre mixed Vaseline & sand! (more likely )

Brexit news - EU negotiators postponed for a week ahead of May speech | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
Old 12-09-2017, 20:07   #1420
Beacon of light

I thought it was the EU negotiating team who had organised this postponement..rather than our PM.
to be honest they haven't been going great guns anyways.
Michel Barnier does not seem to understand the principle of negotiation.
From my point of view I was kind of hoping that TM would tell them to 'sit on it and swivel'
Now I will go back and read (properly0 the news item where I thought it was the Eu who had postpone the meeting
Old 12-09-2017, 20:17   #1421
Beacon of light

I have been looking for the new article that I read earlier...but can't now find it...but I have looked at some other source Reuters & New Vision...and they both say that the UK and Brussels have jointly agreed to reconvene negotiations on the 25th of September to allow for more flexibility...and that reasoning behind this is due to the UK political calendar.
It does not say that the PM asked for the tlks to be postponed.
http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_visio...oned-september

I can't see a week making much difference to the inflexibility of the EU negotiating team...in fact I can't see a week make much difference to anything, it has been as slow as a Godshorse.
Old 12-09-2017, 20:20   #1422
Beacon of light

Son...I am with you on the preferred option.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 13-09-2017, 12:08   #1423
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Stupid is as stupid does! They just don't learn from past mistakes, the article below is just one of many relating to Junckers "Address to the union" & every one of them just confirms the road to hell the eu is taking. Judging by the lack of whining from the snowflake liberal leftie remainers one can only assume (hope) the truth is slowly dawning on the hard of thinking.

?One powerful president for WHOLE of EU? Fury at Juncker plot to merge major roles | World | News | Express.co.uk
Old 13-09-2017, 13:49   #1424
Beacon of light

He tells us that we are going to be sorry we have left...looking at his proposals can't we get a move on?
It looks a lot like more of the same...so no lessons have been learned by these EU Mandarins...they still want what they say, to go...they still want to be dipping their bread in the gravy, they still want to ensnare more stupid schmucks into their anti democratic, power hungry, wasteful, money gobbling organisation.....and some of our young folk cannot see why this is bad...they want to be in it.
I suggest most humbly, that they leave. Go take up residence in one of these countries that are so keen to be enslaved(?enriched) by the EU.

But, please show me the emergency exit.
Less and KiTChener like this.
Old 13-09-2017, 15:11   #1425
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

But, please show me the emergency exit.
There are emergency exits, here, here and here, however you will have to wait a while because the immigrants are using them to come in and we haven't enough translators (at your expense) to tell them they are going the wrong way up some one way streets.

Perhaps we should put translators on the essential list of allowed immigration to sort this out?
KiTChener and DaveinGermany like this.

Last edited by Less; 13-09-2017 at 15:15.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..