Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 20:58   #1
God Member

Replica Guns

A man was shot dead in Guildford for brandishing a replica gun which fired blanks.

BBC NEWS | England | Surrey | Police shot man had 'blanks gun'

The police in my opinion did the right thing....he would have recieved an order to drop the weapon and that's what he should have done.

What's your take on this....did'nt happen in Accy but might have done?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2008, 21:07   #2
God Member

Re: Replica Guns

The replica guns look like the real thing so yeah they did right as long as they did give him the option to drop it etc

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 21:11   #3
God Member

If the man was brandishing a replica then I'm afraid he was asking for it...no problem..possible he had mental health issues ..if so it is a tragic incident ,but I fully understand the police response.
I do see a problem when people have been shot for no other reason than looking suspicious..like the bloke that a table leg in a plastic bag and got shot!..would be interesting to see any figures on the percentage of people shot dead who had no weapon..replica or real!

Last edited by Mancie; 04-12-2008 at 21:16.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 21:30   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm with KSH, n Mancie on this, also replicas can be converted, the police even if they knew it was a replica, certainly would not know this.
Old 05-12-2008, 00:38   #5
God Member

replica guns ......as much use as non-alcoholic beer ,
Nothing better than loading up with a couple of boxes of ammo and a 24 pack at your local walmart/Asda on a Saturday morning and heading out to the lake with the wife and kids , (it's called family bonding time)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19   #6
God Member

Did right for me too, go out waving a gun around get shot, its not difficult to understand.

With regard to the mental health issue, would you still be feeling sorry for him if he'd just shot your kids? If he aint sane enough to be out and about then the system let him down and thats for a different investigation but I'd rather the Police protect the majority.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07   #7
Resting in Peace

To me I can't see the point of these replica guns myself and especially when some one takes one out into the street. We see many time in American cop shows the term used "death by cop" which is what some people do to commit suiside, just fail to obey police orders to put their weapon down, then its bang, bang your dead

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..