Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 00:29   #46
God Member

Re: reporting an illegal immigrant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
this idiotic post just proves that with age does not necessarily come wisdom

good night
It was meant as light humour woody. Sometimes a little humour makes us see the light the other party is projecting. At the end of the day everyone has an opinion and if they feel strong enough about it will shout. Its when the defence of your shout becomes personal that you loose what you were shouting for and a bit of dignity with it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2005, 00:31   #47
Give, give, give member

Get a job..................

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 00:33   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Get a job..................
Already got one

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 00:34   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Already got one
Not you Pinochio.

Old 07-11-2005, 00:35   #50

got one, a very well paid one which i love ...sorry if i have personally offended anyone tonight, certainly wasnt intended....seems humility jus aint one of my strong points

Last edited by woody; 07-11-2005 at 00:45.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 00:38   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Not you Pinochio.
Ah with you

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 01:31   #52
Senior Member+

i love the way he says i've seen it all - i very much doubt u have

yes u may have had a share of bad times but to see it all u dont even know.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:45   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
got one, a very well paid one which i love ...sorry if i have personally offended anyone tonight, certainly wasnt intended....seems humility jus aint one of my strong points
Well let your fingers do the walking and find a guitar tutor then, if you earn so much,

Old 07-11-2005, 02:45   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
cant help you there - the fascist concept of 'illegal immigrants' doesnt appeal to me
In your utopia everyone would live where they wanted and next to whom they pleased, a life with out borders and and not forgetting a belief in dialectical structure and historical inevitability, the foundations of reality will lay in the material base of economics rather than in the abstract thought of idealistic philosophy.
Someone beat you to it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar..._7771435.shtml

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28   #55
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Mani, the police station may be able to give you some information about who to contact. Do you know the whereabouts of this man?

Unfortunately I do know of a few ladies that this has happened to and I hope that your friend is not too upset. Good luck with this Mani..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:39   #56
Resident Waffler

Quote:
an open minded teenager with strong views about the world

Is it just me or does that sound contradictory to anyone else?

Back to the original subject of the thread:

Of course the guy is an illegal immigrant. He used marriage to a British resident citizen as a means of entry into the country. If he cleared off that quickly then he certainly had no commitment to her in marrying her. I also know someone who was used in this way. Once he'd got what he wanted (in this case access to educational facilities whilst he lived here) he cleared off and left her.

There should be a way of reporting him but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a way of catching him.

Hope your friend doesn't end up getting accused of being a party to a "marriage of convenience". Some people do that sort of thing as a lucrative business.

Ah the ideal utopian world where there are no political boundries and where we can all come and go as we please and live in whichever country we choose ................... there'd be no problems with import duty or people smuggling extras over from France then would there?

You are trying to convince us how grown up and experienced you are woody, but really you just show yourself to be naive and innocent. Real life isn't that simple. This is a small country with limited resources. It isn't a case of being racist. It doesn't matter one jot what colour creed or nationality people are, there is simply a limit to the number of people we can cope with. There have to be restrictions and it is unfair when some people battle through red tape in order to live here legally whilst others make a mockery of the system and get away with it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08   #57

It is a very un popular thing to say I know. But in my mind all immigrants are illegal and should all be removed! Without exception!

England for the English!:engsmil:
Bad-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:14   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Wolf
It is a very un popular thing to say I know. But in my mind all immigrants are illegal and should all be removed! Without exception!

said it before i'll say it again; ignorance is bliss!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:49   #59
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Wolf

How many generations would you go back? If you're not careful you could end up with nobody living here at all!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:08   #60

exactly - i doubt there even are any 'pure english' citizens of Britain

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..