Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2008, 19:22   #1
Caz
God Member

Residents in plea to get rid of hostel.. it's not just you that suffers

In the Observer this week
Residents in plea to get rid of hostel - News - Accrington Observer

Whilst having every sympathy with these people, and what they have to put up with, (brought to light recently because of the near fatal stabbing in the area)

What I would first ask..Was this incident as a direct result of the hostel? (the Observer doesn't make it clear).... Maybe someone could enlighten me.

But then, you don't have to have a hostel in your vicinity to suffer with these sort of problems

Quote:
Neighbours have reported problems including loud music, obscene language, vandalism, evidence of drug use and regular fighting. Police regularly attend the premises – especially at weekends.
Erm..we get that on a nightly/daily basis. Also, cars revving, skidding, horns blaring, car radios at full pelt. People using the street as a garage, so residents have to edge their way between them. Kids throwing stones, vandalising empty properties and setting them on fire, fights, windows smashed, insecure properties.. people peeing in full view of residents, puking over peoples walls...
The people on my street use foul language as a part of their vocabulary, day and night, drunk or sober....

Litter eminates from a certain property on my street, as does most of the "anti social behaviour" here. Could assume, but not be certain that some illegal activities also stem from there.

Before you ask.."have you done anything about it!" Yes I have. Made so many phone calls to the council & police , I am sick of it.

Latest update is that, as a result of my many complaints, I have had a "courtesy" call, and local police officer and pcsos are going to keep an eye open in the area...
Only time I've seen a psco here is when someone had a dodgy personalised number plate...

As far police being called out at weekends, if they came when we called them to incidents in this area...geez... I'd be ecstatic! Plus they'd never be away, lol! We usually have to wait till the next day..!

Wonder if anyone will read this and recognise themselves (as guests presumably! ) Probably not. They are probably too thick skinned or too lacking in intelligence to do so.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2008, 20:03   #2

Re: Residents in plea to get rid of hostel.. it's not just you that suffers

Where do you live?
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 20:08   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Where do you live?
Why do you need to know? If it turns out to be you she's complaining about are you going to smash her windows?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 20:08   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Where do you live?

It's probably quicker and easier to narrow down the areas where it doesn't happen round here now
Old 26-09-2008, 20:19   #5
Caz
God Member

let's just say it's to the left of the Burnley road area.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 26-09-2008, 20:20   #6
Caz
God Member

Less, get rid of that sig, keep thinking JB is replying!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 26-09-2008, 21:53   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
let's just say it's to the left of the Burnley road area.
The answer is quite simple - move the hostel to Hollins Lane,I'm sure they will be received with open arms.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 22:14   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why do you need to know? If it turns out to be you she's complaining about are you going to smash her windows?
Thats a little harsh Less, as a Councillor she maybe able to help out with the situation.
Old 26-09-2008, 22:25   #9
Caz
God Member

Quote:
The answer is quite simple - move the hostel to Hollins Lane,I'm sure they will be received with open arms
We don't actually have a hostel here, that's my point...but yes, move the problem up there. give them something other than a phone mast to complain about...

- Oscar Wilde
Old 27-09-2008, 09:07   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
We don't actually have a hostel here, that's my point...but yes, move the problem up there. give them something other than a phone mast to complain about...
See your keeping to your signature cazzer
Old 27-09-2008, 09:09   #11
Caz
God Member

Sorry Jaysay? Don't get that.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..