Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 18:39   #76
Senior Member+

Re: "Respect your elders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Good points Margaret. But I have this feeling AccyEX isnt as new as you might think...might be wrong though
What's that suppose to mean R?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2014, 19:36   #77
Senior Member+

Re: Re: "Respect your elders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
R?
Ian rush says.....

..... Exactly
Old 02-04-2014, 19:36   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Makes me want to get out my dancing shoes .... R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Me too ... and watch "The Blues Brothers" for the umpteenth time (you do that kinda stuff when you are an elder) ... "It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it." Maybe that's the meaning of life. But would the youngsters understand.
Stevie R likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 20:13   #79
Super Moderator

...maybe not, Eric, but us owd lads do!!
Eric and Stevie R like this.
Old 02-04-2014, 20:36   #80

Accyexplorer - would like to point out that if kids (or anyone else for that matter) were shipped off to a 'dessert' island they would have a 'sweet' time of it. Two 's's in the word change it from sand to 'afters'.

(Not meaning to be disrespectful to you by pointing this out).
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 21:06   #81

Oh, my! Accyexplorer - you really have got a down on the younger generation (hope this isn't based on one or two examples or experiences). I do agree that manners and courtesy are sadly lacking in some of them (who's to blame?) - but I have also come across some very rude people of all ages including the older ones, sometimes especially the older ones.

Unfortunately (and I think this is sad) the 'bad eggs' in our society (whatever age) are the ones who people notice, the good ones (young and old) just quietly, respectfully and courteously go about their business. There are some super kids around doing great things as well as those who don't show respect for other people or their property. Please don't lump them all in your assessment of 'the younger generation'.

You mention all the things that kids today get - so who's fault is that! Just saying....

I come across people who have a pre-conceived bad attitude to younger people - and am not surprised when they get the same back from them.
cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 02-04-2014, 22:16   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too ... and watch "The Blues Brothers" for the umpteenth time (you do that kinda stuff when you are an elder)
Ah that explains why a few years ago my dad watched cats pretty much every day.... Ugh
Old 02-04-2014, 22:42   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Ah that explains why a few years ago my dad watched cats pretty much every day.... Ugh
I watch cats everyday too ... If I didn't keep an eye on them they would shred my furniture, break into my aquarium, and plug up the drains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 021 (490x368).jpg (171.9 KB, 26 views)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 22:44   #84
Senior Member+

password--Accyweb
Old 03-04-2014, 00:27   #85

Accyexplorer - have just got home from shopping, had a lesson in rudeness and lack of courtesy from the shoppers who refuse to move and let others pass (even when asked politely) but seem to think that blocking the aisle with their trolley is their prerogative, to those to whom two words are apparently obsolete (the p and t), etc., etc., and not one of them was a teenager....

...and don't get me started on the old 'uns in their scooters and Gophers.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:21   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Accyexplorer - have just got home from shopping, had a lesson in rudeness and lack of courtesy from the shoppers who refuse to move and let others pass (even when asked politely) but seem to think that blocking the aisle with their trolley is their prerogative, to those to whom two words are apparently obsolete (the p and t), etc., etc., and not one of them was a teenager....

...and don't get me started on the old 'uns in their scooters and Gophers.
Something like that dotti, I just had a bad encounter and was venting my thoughts. Maybe I should of waited till after my tea an desert
I suppose your right, for every little [deleted] I guess there is a older [deleted]

password--Accyweb
Old 03-04-2014, 05:55   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
I watch cats everyday too ... If I didn't keep an eye on them they would shred my furniture, break into my aquarium, and plug up the drains.
I could watch that cat all day. However the cats I'm talking about are humans dressed up as cats singing cats chorus
Old 03-04-2014, 05:57   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
I watch cats
Might have to take a trip and catnap that cat
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50   #89
Senior Member+

I'd say magical Mr Mistoffelees was on acid R.
You should name one of your cats that E

password--Accyweb
Old 13-04-2015, 10:56   #90

I couldn't think of anything witty or relevant to put here. Sorry.
I promise to do better next time....
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..