Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50   #1
dam

Rigbys coaches (Never again)

Wanted a decent coach with a dvd player cd/radio plus wanted one with a toilet on the level so went to have a look a one at rigby`s. On the day one of the owners showed me round a coach which had exactly what i wanted and after assuring me that one was free on the day i booked it and paid for it a week later.

on the day of the outing a different coach had been sent which had a downstairs toilet which was locked and the driver said he didnt have a key. there was no dvd player and the cd player was broke.

i complained to the driver asking him where was the coach i had paid for to which he replied " that ones gone out if you dont want this i`ll take it back" no replacement offered.

There was no way i was going to let let the disabled children down so had to put up with it.

How low can you go, The owner knew what and who i wanted the coach for. these children had to endure a long journey without any of the onboard facillities i thought i was gonna get them.

I was angry and felt id let the children down

would i use Rigby`s again NEVER!!
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Rigbys coaches (Never again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam View Post
Wanted a decent coach with a dvd player cd/radio plus wanted one with a toilet on the level so went to have a look a one at rigby's. On the day one of the owners showed me round a coach which had exactly what i wanted and after assuring me that one was free on the day i booked it and paid for it a week later.

on the day of the outing a different coach had been sent which had a downstairs toilet which was locked and the driver said he didnt have a key. there was no dvd player and the cd player was broke.

i complained to the driver asking him where was the coach i had paid for to which he replied " that ones gone out if you dont want this i`ll take it back" no replacement offered.

There was no way i was going to let let the disabled children down so had to put up with it.

How low can you go, The owner knew what and who i wanted the coach for. these children had to endure a long journey without any of the onboard facillities i thought i was gonna get them.

I was angry and felt id let the children down

would i use Rigby`s again NEVER!!
You should have had it in writing dam, you would then have had a case with trading standards, whether you still have is open to debate, but I'd certainly try
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20   #3
Beacon of light

You really need to take up your complaint with Rigby's.

They cannot do anything if they do not know you are unhappy with the service they provided.
Telling the driver on the day is not enough. You need to put down, in writing the issues you have. Do it calmly(and I know that isn't easy when you have been let down) do it politely(again not easy), be factual.
Most companies, in the current economic climate, will not be happy to have a customer who feels so let down. It just does not make good business sense for them to ignore your complaint.........every dissatisfied customer will tell something in the region of twenty people of their unhappiness with a service.
You have just told all of the world.......you need to give them the chance to put the situation right....then if that doesn't work tell them you are going to seek legal advice.
I hope you can just see your way to trying to get in touch with them. You may be surprised. I wish you well with it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:40   #4
I am Banned

should have used pilky
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 15:11   #5
dam

Quote:
........every dissatisfied customer will tell something in the region of twenty people of their unhappiness with a service.
You have just told all of the world......

Thanks for the response margaret but the damage was done on the day. the reason i went with this company is because i wanted to give my custom to a local company as i live in the area and thought to do this first.

as you quoted above this is the only way to deal with it.

Last edited by Mick; 08-02-2012 at 07:38. Reason: quote marks
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 15:23   #6
Beacon of light

Yes, I accept that dam, but you should give them an opportunity to make it right.....I know it doesn't make it right for the occasion that you needed the coach for. You need to let them know of the great inconvenience caused and the disappointment created....that a day for disabled children was, in effect, spoilt. Tell them this. Make them feel guilty
Let them come up with some recompense for you. If they fail to do this then you are right in taking your custom elswhere. Can I recommend Robinson's Great Harwood in future(I have no connection with either firm.)

I spent a long time in my career dealing with complaints......and would say to you, in most cases the firm will be more than happy to try and keep your custom.
Old 07-02-2012, 16:37   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I accept that dam, but you should give them an opportunity to make it right.
to be fair i dont see how they can make it right the dammage is done and even a refund wont make the ruined day any better.Somethings are expected to be done right the first time.

when it comes to faulty goods it can be put right by taking them back to the shop for a refund or replacement but when it comes to service its either good or bad service and once given can not be altered ,refunded or replaced.Some things have to be done right the first time and service is one of them.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-02-2012 at 16:39.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 16:54   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
to be fair i dont see how they can make it right the dammage is done and even a refund wont make the ruined day any better.Somethings are expected to be done right the first time.

when it comes to faulty goods it can be put right by taking them back to the shop for a refund or replacement but when it comes to service its either good or bad service and once given can not be altered ,refunded or replaced.Some things have to be done right the first time and service is one of them.
I think I actually said that in one of my posts. No Rigby's cannot make right what should have been done in the first place.
But they need to know that they failed a customer, whose specific needs were not met....and this needs to be put to them in writing.
When put in writing the company have to respond. They have to tell the complainant what they aim to do about the complaint....and what time frame this will be carried out in.

And you do not know what they might offer.
It is not the right approach to come on a forum and make a complaint when the company may be unaware of their failings.

Dam needs to speak to the Manager of the company and give the full details of the complaint. Then if they do not sort it, take further action.

I was, in my own way, trying to be helpful, giving someone the benefit of my past experiences.

There can be no resolution if the company do not know of the issues.
Old 07-02-2012, 17:11   #9
God Member

I'm sure Jedi has worked for Rigbys and i'm almost sure he told me they are a horrible firm to work for
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 18:09   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I'm sure Jedi has worked for Rigbys and i'm almost sure he told me they are a horrible firm to work for
very true, as has busman. unfortunately the problem lies with the fact that most (not ALL before anyone jumps down my throat)of the companies left behind round here are cowboy outfits running a majority of crap rolling stock bought cheaply and second hand at auction and just about kept legal. Quality of service is not within these companies vocabularies, and tbh as with most companies as soon as you mention children they pull out the oldest piece of crap in the yard, the mentality is that if it gets destroyed then it wont cost that much to put it back into the same condition (or that it won't exactly matter anyway) as regards the toilet thing, it probably was working and the driver did have the key (as it is usually with the ignition key) but he had either been instructed or decided to keep it locked so as not to have to clean it out afterwards (something I used to do with the idiots on stag and hen parties).

In fairness I really wouldn't know who to suggest as I've been out of the game for a couple of years but Stuart at moving people is pretty good as he was modelled on the old fraser eagle principles. robbies tend to subcontract their school work so you never know who or what you are going to get. Walton swift are a lot of ex fraser eagle people and relatively good standard and so are redline of preston can't comment on pilkies but they seem to be mainly buses (might be wrong). But in future I would suggest that when booking a coach, wherever it's from give them your required spec and under no circumstances tell them it is for children!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 21:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I accept that dam, but you should give them an opportunity to make it right.....I know it doesn't make it right for the occasion that you needed the coach for. You need to let them know of the great inconvenience caused and the disappointment created....that a day for disabled children was, in effect, spoilt. Tell them this. Make them feel guilty
Let them come up with some recompense for you. If they fail to do this then you are right in taking your custom elswhere. Can I recommend Robinson's Great Harwood in future(I have no connection with either firm.)

I spent a long time in my career dealing with complaints......and would say to you, in most cases the firm will be more than happy to try and keep your custom.
Robinsons! They are still around
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:55   #12
Beacon of light

Yes, they are. Ma loves to travel with them because they treat her like a Duchess.
We have had some very enjoyable coach holidays with them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..