Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 03:12   #16
God Member

Re: Right Or Wrong.

Margaret, an interesting article from your same source , about Marie Stopes and her being an advocate for stopping the type of people in your article (Jamie, etc. ) from being allowed to breed
Royal Mail honours family planning pioneer Marie Stopes - but sparks outrage over her eugenics links | Mail Online

sorry for the wander should probably be another thread
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2008, 06:59   #17
God Member

The banks are to blame for repo's, especially in cases where there is what is called a further advance, and if you are ill or die, the insurance isnt upgraded to meet the payments of the advance, also, many lenders wont sell a repo in less than 12 months, this is so that, if the property sells for more than the mortgage, they can charge the whole interest because a payment hasnt been made within 12 months, THAT is morally wrong!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:20   #18
Resident Waffler

I agree that if there is any question of morals it lies with the bank or building society which has in the past been all too willing to lend more than people can afford to borrow and all to ready to repossess when they get into difficulties.

I remember someone once saying to me that if you need to borrow money then you can't afford to borrow money and if you need to borrow a lot of money you can afford it even less.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 20:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What has Jeremy Kyle got to do with the Jeremy Vine radio show and the subject of repossessed homes?
Thought I'd lost my marbles there then Jambutty. People obviously don't listen to Radio 2 for a proper debate.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 20:04   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Thought I'd lost my marbles there then Jambutty. People obviously don't listen to Radio 2 for a proper debate.
I think I have caused this confusion.
I don't watch Jeremy Kyle and I only listen to Radio 4
I should have kept my mouth shut

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 19:24   #21
God Member

What is morally wrong is the system that lands people into trouble with unsecured sub-prime ninja loans.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..