Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 17:27   #16

Re: Riot (News Blackout)

Been reading the links etc. Am I right in thinking it's mostly football supporters?
Not sure what to think on this to be honest, I'd never heard of EDL before today
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2010, 18:11   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
is this the news blackout you mean...
At the time I posted there was no reporting of this story so don't try and be clever. I now understand why this was, the asian community had massed in an attempt to stop the protest, a news blackout was to stop more people, black and white, joining in.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 18:17   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
English Defence League which is not BNP.
E D L is not B N P Education is a wonderful thing.

Should go to more football matches.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 03-05-2010 at 18:24.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 18:18   #19
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Been reading the links etc. Am I right in thinking it's mostly football supporters?
Not sure what to think on this to be honest, I'd never heard of EDL before today
Football supporters are everywhere not just members of the EDL so it would be wrong to label them as that but when they started it was mostly football fans but now that is not the case.
I'm sure you will hear a lot more about the EDL if the government and their friends in the media allow it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 03-05-2010, 18:20   #20
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
E D L is not B N P Education is a wonderful thing.
Not THE BNP

Old 03-05-2010, 18:21   #21
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
To resist, is understandable, but futile.
Nothing is futile Margaret, even my attempt to educate Benipete

Old 03-05-2010, 18:27   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I'd agree with Bagpuss, I usually check the headlines in the Morning before going to work (Germany 06:30) UK 05:30, then when I do get there an hour or so later I have another quick scan. As far as the Telegraph & the Express were concerned there was no mention about the incident.

Just to confirm I looked at the Telegraph site & it was published online 4:08 PM, BST.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 18:40   #23
Accy Red

Old 03-05-2010, 19:12   #24

The thing about playing the call to prayer is interesting. Most mosques are built in areas where there is a high proportion of muslims, who are hardly going to complain - so why do it other than as an attempt at insult? No wonder the locals are unhappy with the protesters.

The English Defence League is a single issue mob who have nothing to do with England other than hijacking the flag. Just read their website and you'll see what I mean. Oh, it dresses up well, but basically it's the same as the BNP just a different mob and one that happens to only target muslims.

At least for now. Who's next I wonder?
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 19:22   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
The thing about playing the call to prayer is interesting. Most mosques are built in areas where there is a high proportion of muslims, who are hardly going to complain - so why do it other than as an attempt at insult? No wonder the locals are unhappy with the protesters.

The English Defence League is a single issue mob who have nothing to do with England other than hijacking the flag. Just read their website and you'll see what I mean. Oh, it dresses up well, but basically it's the same as the BNP just a different mob and one that happens to only target muslims.

At least for now. Who's next I wonder?
whilst i dont dispute that hiddlebit, the BLAME fer me, lies squarely at the door of the ******* in the major parties, cos if they got off the pot, these factions would not exist. or be growing stronger.
Old 03-05-2010, 19:30   #26
Accy Red

At least the EDL are standing up for what they believe in or would you like us to all join the UAF (unite against fascism), a nice bunch of left-wingers who are bigger fascists than the old National Front. It is rumoured that they where set up to deliberately cause trouble in order to make the BNP and EDL look like a bunch of thugs, funded by two larger political parties who seem to be running scared when it comes to discussing immigration.

Old 03-05-2010, 23:13   #27
Accy Red

EDL UPDATE - pictures of protest arrests (From Dudley News)

Note ...EDL and the opposition ..in this news report..they wont even say the muslims or UAF, it's only EDL they slate.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:02   #28
Senior Member+

there's hardly 1000's of people rampaging there. talk about OTT.

a few fights as expected but nothing major. if there was 1000's of muslims on the rampage as u so beautifully declare do you think there would be a dudley town centre left?

Mark Payne (CIPayneWMPolice) on Twitter - There is no truth in the misinformation about Muslim people rioting in Dudley. Totally malicious #edl about 16 hours ago via TweetDeck

its not even the storm in a teacup arguement its more talking about whipping up something over nothing with blatant lies!!!

and if its somethign i'm making up

dudley riots this saturday

taken by some bloke in dudley - i was gonna link them here but you might aswell read the whole thread. and he's white. and he wasnt ambushed either!! *shock* *gasp*

the edl - who dont even know which way the GB flag is meant to be.
Old 04-05-2010, 21:15   #29
Accy Red

EDL have a perfectly valid argument and I totally despair at the treacherous people of the UAF - the real scum.

Why is it that anyone who protests against the growing influence of Islam on this country in branded a racist?

Why do the UAF only protest against the EDL and not any Islamic extremist groups?

We know who the real facists are in this country.

Old 04-05-2010, 21:37   #30
Accy Red

!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..